Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Leslie91 wrote: »
    So lads how are yee fixed for Sunday?, optimistic or do you think the Bolts will have your number. Our O has been great but our pass D is terrible so RG3 should have a better time of it.

I don't know how the Redskins are fixed to be honest. For 2 weeks against Dallas and Chicago it looked like RGIII was beginning to find his form again but last week he had a stinker so God only knows what we'll see this week. I know the play calling was all over the place and the OL were poor so not all of it was his fault but he just didn't look like a good QB.

My hope is that SD play like most other west coast teams that travel easy for a 1pm start but they're coming off a bye week so that probably won't be an issue.

It wouldn't surprise me either way how this game goes.

(Brandon Merriweather's back so tell the WRs to watch their heads and knees!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I don't know how the Redskins are fixed to be honest. For 2 weeks against Dallas and Chicago it looked like RGIII was beginning to find his form again but last week he had a stinker so God only knows what we'll see this week. I know the play calling was all over the place and the OL were poor so not all of it was his fault but he just didn't look like a good QB.

My hope is that SD play like most other west coast teams that travel easy for a 1pm start but they're coming off a bye week so that probably won't be an issue.

It wouldn't surprise me either way how this game goes.

(Brandon Merriweather's back so tell the WRs to watch their heads and knees!)

They've been talking about Merriweather on SD radio this week alright. Some have even been suggesting that should he misbehave, let's have him taken out and the fine the Charger player gets will be paid by the DJs.

Like you I've no idea how this game will go. Some Charger fans have got ahead of themselves I reckon (not me) and are talking playoffs already. I'm not so sure. Our D is a weak link and can be there for the taking. Rivers is playing out of his mind though as long as he gets some protection. The good news is we are almost back to a full strength O line. 2 weeks ago we were 1 injury away from playing a DT as a G.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I dont think the fact sd have a poor pass d will matter much against us tbh i still fancy a redskin win though

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I dont think the fact sd have a poor pass d will matter much against us tbh i still fancy a redskin win though

Hopefully you're right. Need a 3-0 run over the next few games to get to 5-5 and then take it from there.

U think your D can stack up against our O? Rivers is playing brilliantly and our rookie Keenan Allen is making good corners look ordinary. Watch out D Hall.

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    U think your D can stack up against our O? Rivers is playing brilliantly and our rookie Keenan Allen is making good corners look ordinary. Watch out D Hall.

No but it doesnt stack up against much these days,:D im holding out for a narrow win maybe by a fg

How are we looking guys,im only watching the drive chart on nfl game centre, its a balls but what can you do:rolleyes
    young td get in!!:

Nice 47yrd fg from forbath:)

Nice 47yrd fg from forbath:) oops same fg

We need to hang in here its gonna be tight

• Advertisement

Well thats that:mad:
    well that was a bit premature play overturned goes to overtime and boom td redskins!!
    e

How are we looking guys,im only watching the drive chart on nfl game centre, its a balls but what can you do:rolleyes
    young td get in!!:

I was only watching the drive charts too and thought they'd blown it when they didn't make that 3rd and 3 with 4 minutes or so to go that would have killed the game. But that goal stand stand must have been amazing to watch. Very un-Redskin like. A good win, let's hope the follow it up in Minnesota on Thursday.

To be honest I was surprised they overturned the Woodhead TD call. It's not like there was indisputable evidence to overturn it. Having said that yee got away with one. Even if we probably did not deserve to win this game (as predicted our D was atrocious) we should have. Not being able to punch it in from 6 inches out is completely unacceptable. Charger fans are seething at the playcalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Gorm_0

How bout them Cowboys ;)

:p
    Gorm_0 wrote: »
    How bout them Cowboys ;)
    Yea amazing arent they:rolleyes:

Just looking at the rest of our games, does anyone else think we can win 6 of the 8 games remaining, maybe losing to 49ers and chiefs

Just looking at the rest of our games, does anyone else think we can win 6 of the 8 games remaining, maybe losing to 49ers and chiefs

I reckon the Chiefs is one of the winnable games. I'm more worried about the Giants coming good and the losing to them or getting the run around off the Eagles again.

Ah well, that's that then. Roll on 2014.

Ah man just checked the score there,wtf happened thats a right sickening result, this year is a right off now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Why oh why did I stay up to watch that. =(

At least it was a reasonably entertaining game of football to watch, if disappointing. And it should make it easier/cheaper to get tickets for the Redskins Cowboys game in December, since it likely won't matter.

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote: »
    Why oh why did I stay up to watch that. =(

At least it was a reasonably entertaining game of football to watch, if disappointing. And it should make it easier/cheaper to get tickets for the Redskins Cowboys game in December, since it likely won't matter.

Even if they were 0-15, playing the Cowboys will always matter. Especially if there's a chance to play spoiler if they're in with a chance of winning the division.

I didn't watch last night but RG's stats looked ok but stats can be deceiving at times. How did he look? Were many of his throws off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He seemed on pretty good form, actually. comm The NFL network guys were saying during the first half: his 'preseason' was finally over, and this was the RG3 we remembered.

Then in the second half our offence got sloppy, and the vikings defence got it's **** together.

I dont know why i bother sometimes, that display was atrocious tonight, first time since 2003 throw less ten 200yrds and 0 td says it all, i think its time for the shanaghans to feck off at this stage:mad:

I dont know why i bother sometimes, that display was atrocious tonight, first time since 2003 throw less ten 200yrds and 0 td says it all, i think its time for the shanaghans to feck off at this stage:mad:

It's an absolute train wreck now. Bad on all sides of the ball.

The way the media is looking very closely at the slightest hint of an issue and blowing it up is a joke though. The latest being the reports that when Griffin gets knocked down, none of his team mates come and pick him up. That's being reported as a sign that they aren't with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Am I the only one that thinks RG3 isn't right ? Either his knee just still isn't right physically or mentally he still isn't confident in it.

He just doesn't seem comfortable sitting in the pocket and throwing off the front foot when I see him. I know physically he should be ok from his injury by now so perhaps its a mental thing. I don't think him wearing the brace is helping in that regard either. If hes knees good get rid of the brace.

Mind you could be just a sophomore slump too but he just doesn't look quite right this season. Personally if I were the skins Id be giving Cousins some game time currently, a few good games to go with what he did last year and he could be very nice trade bait come the off season.

RG3 is the franchise guy but Cousins needs to be cashed in on. The NFC East is beyond the Skins now so its time for them to look towards next season.

I agree he's not right. Big fat linemen are catching up with him which is a good sign that he's not 100%. Mentally I don't know what's going on as he only ever talks about God in his interviews so you don't know what the hell he's thinking really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think Cousins needs to be started for 4 reasons beneficial to RGIII:

1) He (RGIII) needs a break, physically.
    2) He needs to spend some time studying with the QB coaches.
    3) Cousins performances with the same (lack of) protection should silence unfair criticism of RGIII (I believe it won't silence fair criticism, rightly so).
    4) He needs to get in a better head space where he can take responsibility (i.e. "nothing is my fault, they knew our calls"), and dropping him as starter could help with that.

We are on ch 4 again tonight against the giants, i swore after last wk i wouldnt give up my sleep again to watch the garbage we are producing but seeing as its the giants i guess ill have a peek

Td from opening drive, good start anyway:)

• Advertisement

14 nil up and we still manage to lose, rg3 was infuriating last ight for crying out loud man THROW THE DAMB BALL, i lost count the amount of times he had receivers open yet ignored that and just ran over the sideline sometimes for no gain, if rg3 o pened his goddamb eyes and used his arm we woul have won this easy enough:mad:

Advertisement