Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

All better coaches than the one we have.

Screenshot%202019-08-23%20at%2021.08.53_zpstcbqjbmu.png

Keenam officially named as week 1 starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Keenam officially named as week 1 starter.

yeah, thought that was the way it would pan out given Colts problems getting right. Keenum will do ok I think . He's all heart.

yeah, thought that was the way it would pan out given Colts problems getting right. Keenum will do ok I think . He's all heart.

Yeah he’ll be alright but there are bigger issues on that side of the ball. Can’t see them worrying too many teams in the early part of the season but that won’t be on him.

• Advertisement

Yeah he’ll be alright but there are bigger issues on that side of the ball. Can’t see them worrying too many teams in the early part of the season but that won’t be on him.

I like our run game, I think we have some play makers too. Obviously Reed being injured again is a blow but I think we have enough to trouble some teams. The run game will open up the field with Guice, Thompson and AP.

Samaje Perine released

https://twitter.com/RedskinsReview/status/1167845120663855105

They were looking to trade Doctscon too but not surprisingly they got no takers so he's released too.

Really surprised they released Doctson. He had some drop issues, but hell he has talent and we needed him in what is a sparse receiving core. We're going to be run heavy this season.

Really surprised they released Doctson. He had some drop issues, but hell he has talent and we needed him in what is a sparse receiving core. We're going to be run heavy this season.

It was on the cards when they didn’t take up his 5th year option. After that, if they were anyway impressed with the rookies they drafted he was gone and we can only presume that they were. Whether that was right or wrong, we’ll have to wait and see.

Doctson has had his chances though. I know he was injured in his rookie year but he’s done next to nothing in the 3 years since to show he can play consistently

Having said that, watch him turn into Randy Moss now that he’s with the Vikings (although I did see a tweet yesterday joking that it’ll be good for him to be able to drop passes from Kirk Cousins again)

It was on the cards when they didn’t take up his 5th year option. After that, if they were anyway impressed with the rookies they drafted he was gone and we can only presume that they were. Whether that was right or wrong, we’ll have to wait and see.

Doctson has had his chances though. I know he was injured in his rookie year but he’s done next to nothing in the 3 years since to show he can play consistently

Having said that, watch him turn into Randy Moss now that he’s with the Vikings (although I did see a tweet yesterday joking that it’ll be good for him to be able to drop passes from Kirk Cousins again)

He has talent and I think that the coaches have failed to bring the best out of that talent in some ways.

I wonder is there a way to improve the hand eye co ordination stuff and improve his hands, surely this is a training thing. If he isnt putting the work in fine but I feel like we just never seen him at his best.

To be honest I dont see where we have the depth to be cutting Doctson either. He had 6 touchdowns two years ago and showed glimpses, that was with Cousins , so who knows he might just turn the corner at the Vikings.

• Advertisement

He has talent and I think that the coaches have failed to bring the best out of that talent in some ways.

I wonder is there a way to improve the hand eye co ordination stuff and improve his hands, surely this is a training thing. If he isnt putting the work in fine but I feel like we just never seen him at his best.

To be honest I dont see where we have the depth to be cutting Doctson either. He had 6 touchdowns two years ago and showed glimpses, that was with Cousins , so who knows he might just turn the corner at the Vikings.

I've read somewhere, don't know where and can't remember when that he 'didn't love football' and was only doing it as a job. Now I've no idea if that has any impact on his performances but the gist of the reporting was that he didn't have the drive or will to push on and be a great player and didn't care about playing. Probably typical reporter rubbish trying to fill a column but what do you reckon, anything to it do you think?

I'll believe it when I see it and this is probably more people adding 2+2 and getting 5 but DeAngelo Hall is saying Trent will be back 'sooner rather than later'

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/deangelo-hall-now-believes-trent-williams-may-rejoin-redskins-sooner-rather-later

I've read somewhere, don't know where and can't remember when that he 'didn't love football' and was only doing it as a job. Now I've no idea if that has any impact on his performances but the gist of the reporting was that he didn't have the drive or will to push on and be a great player and didn't care about playing. Probably typical reporter rubbish trying to fill a column but what do you reckon, anything to it do you think?

I've heard that as well but no evidence of it. Worked out hard according to most of the players from camp and the journalists too. So not sure where those statements come from. Also apparently Cousins spoke highly of him and his work ethic and thats why he is at the Vikings now.

Did some more research last night though on our WR options and apparently some of the rookies have been showing serious skills. Will believe it when I see it!

. Will believe it when I see it!

Yeah, I’m the same. I’ve been burnt too many times

Yeah, I’m the same. I’ve been burnt too many times

Trent coming back though seems like its a real thing.

Trent coming back though seems like its a real thing.

Has there been movement on that? All I heard was DeAngelo Hall’s comment on ‘sooner rather than later’ coul mean anything. Technically week 3 is sooner than week 8 or whenever it is he has to report by to get his year’s service.

They need him back this week. Even with no preseason or training camp, he’d be better than the current option.

right lads its time , predictions for the year:

*Haskins doesn't start any games barring injury to Keenum

* We win the division, going 10-6

*Guice rushes for over 1500 yards and Peterson rushes for over 1000

*Reed catches 10+ tds

* Trent comes back by week 3 and goes to the probowl!

right lads its time , predictions for the year:

*Haskins doesn't start any games barring injury to Keenum

* We win the division, going 10-6

*Guice rushes for over 1500 yards and Peterson rushes for over 1000

*Reed catches 10+ tds

* Trent comes back by week 3 and goes to the probowl!

I love your optimism but there's not a hope in hell that the Redskins go 10-6. I'm thinking more along the lines of 4-12, 5-11.

I love your optimism but there's not a hope in hell that the Redskins go 10-6. I'm thinking more along the lines of 4-12, 5-11.

Look I've gone for the optimistic view this year!

@Eagles -L
    Cowboys -W
    Bears - W
    @ Giants - W
    Patriots - L
    @Dolphins - W
    49ers - W
    @ Vikings - L
    @Bills - W
    Jets - W
    Lions - W
    @Panthers - L
    @Packers - L
    Eagles - W
    Giants - W
    @Cowboys - L

Includes going 4-2 in the division but I dont think thats beyond us. Win 2 against the giants and split the games with the Eagles and Cowboys.

Look I've gone for the optimistic view this year!

@Eagles -L
    Cowboys -W
    Bears - W
    @ Giants - W
    Patriots - L
    @Dolphins - W
    49ers - W
    @ Vikings - L
    @Bills - W
    Jets - W
    Lions - W
    @Panthers - L
    @Packers - L
    Eagles - W
    Giants - W
    @Cowboys - L

Includes going 4-2 in the division but I dont think thats beyond us. Win 2 against the giants and split the games with the Eagles and Cowboys.

I'd love it if you're right. can't see it though.

• Advertisement

*Reed catches 10+ tds

Ruled out for tomorrow it seems. He really needs to consider calling it a day at this stage considering all the injuries he's had, especially the concussions.

I'd say he'll only play 6-7 games this season so getting those 10 TDs is going to be hard.

EDIT - Officially out now.

Peterson out too.

So it looks like the Redskins and injuries is going to be a thing in 2019 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Peterson out too.

So it looks like the Redskins and injuries is going to be a thing in 2019 again.

Is he injured or what ? I do remember seeing during the week that there were still decided how much of the field he'd see but they've decided none this week. Would AP have made that much difference ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is he injured or what ? I do remember seeing during the week that there were still decided how much of the field he'd see but they've decided none this week. Would AP have made that much difference ?

I saw an earlier tweet saying it was injury related but one just now from ESPN's John Keim says it isn't so I don't know.

EDIT - NBC's JP Finlay confirming it as a healthy scratch.

As I said in the Week 1 thread, it's the hope that kills you. For about an hour I was thinking everyone (including me) was wrong about this team and maybe there aren't as bad as we thought they'd be. But no, soon after they reverted to being awful as expected.

And so much for this highly vaunted defence. They were awful in the second half. Couldn't get any pressure and couldn't make any sort of stop, even when the Eagles were in 3rd and 10 etc. And the OL was the same OL we're used to. How many times were Moses and Penn called for holding? And no holes for the RBs. I don't think Peterson would have had many more yards than Guice did.

Philadelphia killing me today (both Eagles and Phillies).

As I said in the Week 1 thread, it's the hope that kills you. For about an hour I was thinking everyone (including me) was wrong about this team and maybe there aren't as bad as we thought they'd be. But no, soon after they reverted to being awful as expected.

And so much for this highly vaunted defence. They were awful in the second half. Couldn't get any pressure and couldn't make any sort of stop, even when the Eagles were in 3rd and 10 etc. And the OL was the same OL we're used to. How many times were Moses and Penn called for holding? And no holes for the RBs. I don't think Peterson would have had many more yards than Guice did.

Philadelphia killing me today (both Eagles and Phillies).

Mad how we look at things differently. That was a gutsy performance, but errors cost us on two long TDs. Philly are a serious outfit, going to be there or there abouts come playoff time.

We did really well obviously first half. Then back came our problems, seriously bad play calling, bad time management and our defence were exhausted because our offence literally could not stay on the field. Two 3 and outs and a 4 and out in the first three possessions second half. That's what killed us.

Guice was poor and I cant think that Peterson would have been any poorer. We needed both in my opinion. The Wr's though looked decent and Keenum had a pretty decent effort. Penalties though ****ing killed us. 12 for 90+yards .. ffs.

Anyway overall still happy with the performance. I think we win more than we lose.

Well Adrian Peterson's exile won't be for too long it seems

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/1171121657467068418

Jon Allen out a few weeks too. Bloody injuries and this team, they can never catch a break.

• Advertisement

Guice visiting James Andrews today. Never good when your name is in the same sentence as James Andrews.

Probably will involve surgery and be out for 6-8 weeks. This guy is turning into Jordan Reed when it comes to injuries.

Advertisement