Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Former Redskin Watch: Josh Doctson put on IR by Minnesota.

Injuries piling up for Sunday. Already confirmed out:

Guice
    Allen
    Reed
    Brantley

Iffy:
    Dunbar
    Moreau

Awful performance again from the defence today. I know they were missing Allen and the CBs (and if it wasn't for that I'd expect Manusky to be fired tomorrow) but they still need to step up and make some plays. I don't think we saw the Cowboys punter since the first drive or two. Apart from the interception and 1 sack, there was no pressure on the Cowboys and they scored on every other drive they had I think.

Offence wasn't much better. Again no holes being opened by the OL and more holding penalties. Garbage time TD again disguises the gap in the teams, just like it did last week.

Bears next week is another defeat as is the Pats in week 5 and I wouldn't be too sure the Giants in between them will be a win either. So at best 1-4 is on the cards and it wouldn't surprise me if they're 0-5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

On the other hand, the Bears haven't won in Washington since 2001. So...

Didn’t see the game but by all reports, another typical Redskins performance. The way they’re playing the only obvious win on the schedule at the moment is Miami.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What an absolute joke the redskins are, season over after 3 games, ****ing pathetic organisation, zero ambition to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Poor again. Chicago defence is good but for them to put up 31 against us .. signs are bad.

My optimism is well and truly gone.

My optimism is well and truly gone.

Surprised it took you this long...!!!!

I've only watched the 5 minute highlights on GamePass but have listened to a few of the Redskins podcasts today and they are all in agreement over Gruden having an awful game last night. Letting the clock run before calling time outs, bad play calls, going for 2 unnecessarily etc. And Manusky getting torched too.

None of them expect any coaching changes this week though.

• Advertisement

Surprised it took you this long...!!!!

I've only watched the 5 minute highlights on GamePass but have listened to a few of the Redskins podcasts today and they are all in agreement over Gruden having an awful game last night. Letting the clock run before calling time outs, bad play calls, going for 2 unnecessarily etc. And Manusky getting torched too.

None of them expect any coaching changes this week though.

Surprised it took me this long too! :)

Its been horrific. I have tickets to the Giants game this weekend. And .. well I dont wanna.

Surprised it took me this long too! :)

Its been horrific. I have tickets to the Giants game this weekend. And .. well I dont wanna.

I'd go. You never know what could happen. The Redskins are so frustrating that they might defy all common sense and go and with the game. And if Keenam is stinking the place up again, you might get to see Haskins for a series or two towards the end.

I'd go. You never know what could happen. The Redskins are so frustrating that they might defy all common sense and go and with the game. And if Keenam is stinking the place up again, you might get to see Haskins for a series or two towards the end.

Thats true. Part of me wants them to pplay Haskins this season and see what we have. If he is a franchise QB then fine. If not its time to look for the Lawrence sweep in 2021. Which would mean two years of sucking.

Not want you want to read an hour before kick off

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1178331711542894593

What it is with this team and not being able to keep players healthy?

Gruden's last stand today...????

I wish it was Allen/Snyder's last stand but they're going no where.

I have tickets to the Giants game this weekend.

I hope you ignored my advice and gave the game a miss.

At least we now get to see what Haskins has.

Not quite rock bottom yet (that’s when they lose to Miami).

But things have to change with h the coaching. Manusky and Gruden both have to go. Ideally Allen too, but that isn’t going to happen.

They just look so unprepared and very indisciplined. Every good play in the first half was negated by a penalty. And that’s on coaching.

Gruden just looks lost on the sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Jaysus, that is depressing !!

• Advertisement

Gruden just looks lost on the sideline.

And he looked like a dead man walking in his post game presser. Totally beat down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is this the worst redskins outfit ever

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is this the worst redskins outfit ever

I've been a fan since around 86-87 and I don't remember seeing a team this lost or playing as bad. I don't know are they they worst as the Jim Zorn era was pretty bad too but I never thought Gruden was a good HC and he's not doing anything to change me mind this season.

He was making excuses in the presser about players that were out and he included Jordan Reed in his list. If he hasn't got used to playing without Jordan Reed at this stage, what has he been doing?

I hope you ignored my advice and gave the game a miss.

I did not unfortunately, nice to see Haskins on the field but unfortunately last weekend was a tough start for him.

This team is abysmal. Your preseason worries were well founded

Belichick on the drugs again it seems

https://twitter.com/NoraPrinciotti/status/1179424020707581953

especially when you read what Gruden is saying

https://twitter.com/NoraPrinciotti/status/1179426723110281216

So the Colt McCoy era (mark II, III or IV?) begins on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Well today is going exactly as expected ....

Well today is going exactly as expected ....

To be fair, the defense was kind of competitive in the first half but time of possession was always going to catch up with them.

Offence is awful though. Take away that trick play for the TD and they have feck all yards. 10 points in 2 games says it all.

At least the Pats have called off the dogs and taken Brady out.

• Advertisement

Not really relevant to today’s game but Gruden’s obsession with a QB who “knows the offence” annoys me.

He’s been praising McCoy all week saying he gives them the best shot because he knows the offence. It was the same with signing Mark Sanchez off the scrap jeep last season. “He know the offence”. So what! If he can’t play, it doesn’t matter how well he knows the offence.

As I said, nothing to do with today’s game but just a general complaint on how They evaluate QBs.

Advertisement