Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Depressing.

Need a total clear out from at least Bruce Allen up and play Haskins for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So takeaways from the press conferences today:

Bruce Allen - Everything is fine, nothing to see here. And no trade for Trent Williams until January
    Bill Callaghan - Haskins not starting in the immediate future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    Depressing.

Need a total clear out from at least Bruce Allen up and play Haskins for the rest of the season.

You can't develop a QB on an awful team. You would only damage his confidence and risk him getting hurt. Playing him is not the right move. He only played one year in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Best chance of a win this weekend ... Not confident at all! And there was me thinking pre season we might be 3-2 at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Surely if they lose this weekend then changes will have to be made .....

• Advertisement

Surely if they lose this weekend then changes will have to be made .....

Well they’ve already sacked the HC so Callaghan won’t be going anywhere. I was surprised Manusky wasn’t fired as well but maybe they’re holding that move until they lose on Sunday.

Unfortunately Allen’s going nowhere and Snyder’s never selling the team so we’re stuck with the 2 biggest sources of the problem.

Well they’ve already sacked the HC so Callaghan won’t be going anywhere. I was surprised Manusky wasn’t fired as well but maybe they’re holding that move until they lose on Sunday.

Unfortunately Allen’s going nowhere and Snyder’s never selling the team so we’re stuck with the 2 biggest sources of the problem.

Was thinking of Allen and Manusky

Best chance of a win this weekend ... Not confident at all! And there was me thinking pre season we might be 3-2 at this stage :(

Think you might like this tweet!

https://twitter.com/PeteHaileyNBCS/status/1182162791194664960?s=20

Well, what would you know? A win....!!!!

Painful to watch. I sat through Ireland/Georgia yesterday and that was painful but this was as bad. A couple of bright spots with McLaurin and the 1st half defence but I thought we were going to get another dose of Fitzmagic at the end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nearly blew that again, christ we are utterly hopeless, dolphins are worse though

• Advertisement

I actually enjoyed that 0-0 first half. Can’t beat an offensive struggle in awful conditions.

I’d prefer if they were winning of course but I’m not going to get ridiculous

Play calling awful again. 3rd and long and they do some sort of pitch play? In that weather?

Didn't realise it until I read it on Twitter but it's been over a calendar year since the Redskins last won a game at 'home'.

I'm at the stage now where I'm rooting for them to win every game but when they lose, I'm not too despondent as it's another step into getting a better draft pick. But when the game is on, I'm cheering them on like they're in a playoff game.

I'm at the stage now where I'm rooting for them to win every game but when they lose, I'm not too despondent as it's another step into getting a better draft pick. But when the game is on, I'm cheering them on like they're in a playoff game.

I think at this stage it would be good for us to be giving Haskins some playing time.

Need to see what we possibly have.

when was the last time the Redskins failed to score in a match ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

That was the shortest nfl game in 10 yrs apparently

when was the last time the Redskins failed to score in a match ??

Not too long ago unfortunately. Week 17 last season, the eagles shut them out.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    That was the shortest nfl game in 10 yrs apparently

It seemed the 1st quarter was over by around 6:20.

• Advertisement

I think at this stage it would be good for us to be giving Haskins some playing time.

Need to see what we possibly have.

They won't throw play him this week as it's a short week but I reckon he'll be in for the game after (Bills I think?)

Not too long ago unfortunately. Week 17 last season, the eagles shut them out.

Had completely forgotten about that game !!!! Jesus, that is not good

• Registered Users Posts: 21 captainthanos

They won't throw play him this week as it's a short week but I reckon he'll be in for the game after (Bills I think?)

Personally don't see the point in throwing him in, what's the rush? It's a losing season anyway, why risk him getting injured or destroying his confidence as we go out and get beaten week on week; the Chiefs did that exact thing with Paddy Mahomes and look how that turned out.

Personally don't see the point in throwing him in, what's the rush? It's a losing season anyway, why risk him getting injured or destroying his confidence as we go out and get beaten week on week; the Chiefs did that exact thing with Paddy Mahomes and look how that turned out.

its nothing like the Chiefs situation , they were in the playoffs the year he sat, until game 17 where they played him.

The chiefs knew they had a team around him as well.Its time to see what we have though. These young WR's are decent and if Guice can stay healthy and Haskins is relatively as good as we hope he is then we could be interesting next year ..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Just listened to today’s locked on podcast.

Coach Callahan’s press conference was played and he was asked about Trent Williams. His answers were “we had a positive meeting and the contents are private”. When asked about Trent’s presence in the locker room and what the reaction was from the other player was. His answer was “positive”. When asked if he thinks TE will ever play for the skins again he said “we had a positive meeting and we’re hopeful “ etc.

The gut feeling tells me all his answers are lies.

CD-R 80 wrote: »
    Just listened to today’s locked on podcast.

Coach Callahan’s press conference was played and he was asked about Trent Williams. His answers were “we had a positive meeting and the contents are private”. When asked about Trent’s presence in the locker room and what the reaction was from the other player was. His answer was “positive”. When asked if he thinks TE will ever play for the skins again he said “we had a positive meeting and we’re hopeful “ etc.

The gut feeling tells me all his answers are lies.

You're right. Rule number one, never believe a word anyone says at a press conference.

Bruce Allen really dropped the ball on this Trent trade though. There's no way they'll get anything near a much in the off season than they would have this past few weeks. And even if he does play this season, it's a lost season so what's the point?

Interesting press conference going on at the moment with Trent Williams. My Twitter timeline is full of it and all the stuff he's saying. Will definitely be checking this out later.

Interesting press conference going on at the moment with Trent Williams. My Twitter timeline is full of it and all the stuff he's saying. Will definitely be checking this out later.
    https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1189991872766365701

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 captainthanos

its nothing like the Chiefs situation , they were in the playoffs the year he sat, until game 17 where they played him.

The chiefs knew they had a team around him as well.Its time to see what we have though. These young WR's are decent and if Guice can stay healthy and Haskins is relatively as good as we hope he is then we could be interesting next year ..

Putting Haskins in now to be beaten week in week and have his confidence shot, or worse injured behind an awful O Line and be treated by our dreadful Medical team certainly isn't the way to go. They have a whole off season next year then to see what they've got in Haskins and let him go after a red shirt year.

Advertisement