Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If they hadn’t won that game, I’d be calling for Gruden’s year after that. What the hell was that sequence of plays on their last offensive drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

If they hadn’t won that game, I’d be calling for Gruden’s year after that. What the hell was that sequence of plays on their last offensive drive?

Didn't actually watch it yesterday but delighted to see we won it!

Didn't actually watch it yesterday but delighted to see we won it!

Yeah the win was great but like nearly all of the wins recently, they made it much harder at the end than it needed to be.

It was as the first time I’ve seen a full game this season and was very impressed with the front 7 on defence. That looks like it could be a good group for the next few years.

Alex Smith was awful but he probably gets a pass as he was missing Richardson, Crowder and Thompson. No excuse though for running out of bounds when they were trying to run out the clock.

And don’t get me started on Gruden....

Yeah the win was great but like nearly all of the wins recently, they made it much harder at the end than it needed to be.

It was as the first time I’ve seen a full game this season and was very impressed with the front 7 on defence. That looks like it could be a good group for the next few years.

Alex Smith was awful but he probably gets a pass as he was missing Richardson, Crowder and Thompson. No excuse though for running out of bounds when they were trying to run out the clock.

And don’t get me started on Gruden....

Gruden annoys me. I think Smith thought he might get the edge when trying to make the first down on that last play but you are right stupidity running out of play. Smith was ok from the highlights I watched today. Definitely missed Crowder and Thompson yesterday. Gruden wrecks my head

Gruden annoys me. I think Smith thought he might get the edge when trying to make the first down on that last play but you are right stupidity running out of play. Smith was ok from the highlights I watched today. Definitely missed Crowder and Thompson yesterday. Gruden wrecks my head

That makes two of us. I was so frustrated watching the last drive last night. The worst thing was the Cowboys knew he wouldn't try and win the game and was going to go ultra conservative so they managed to get off the field in 3 downs, giving up only 20 seconds or so. Even I knew it was going to be Peterson up the middle for 0 yards.

The only thing that saved them was that they were up against an equally idiotic coach on the other sideline. What the hell was he doing in the last minute when they got into Redskins territory?

• Advertisement

12 games now without a 3rd quarter TD

Ugly win it seems from Twitter but better than an ugly loss.

There have been no lead changes in any of the Redskins games this season. The team that scored first has gone on to hold the lead for the remainder of the games and is 7-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Our defense is really really good. The passing game/Alex Smith is what's holding back this team from really having a chance this year unfortunately. Any improvement from him and we're strolling to 10+ wins

Morrison J wrote: »
    Our defense is really really good. The passing game/Alex Smith is what's holding back this team from really having a chance this year unfortunately. Any improvement from him and we're strolling to 10+ wins

Yeah, Smith needs to up his game. The worrying part is that it's not like he's getting slight improvements every week. It's just not clicking. He's missing simple throws to open receivers. Going to need a big improvement as next week they'll need to score a lot against the Falcons. I doubt passing for 180 yards and 1 TD will do it.

• Advertisement

This was posted about 5 seconds before Peterson went on that long TD run.

https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/1056635034805981184

This was posted about 5 seconds before Peterson went on that long TD run.

https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/1056635034805981184

I'm delighted we went and got PEterson. Had been saying it for a long time we needed a quality RB and it is working out. He's a beast and playing with a seperated shoulder for the most part.

In addition we're winning but Smith's missed throws are a problem. We also are missing some important parts of the offence though. If everyone gets healthy we'll be difficult to beat. Falcons next week though. So much offence , not alot of defence there.

3rd quarter TD alert....!!!!!

Pity it comes when they’re down by 21 though. OL dropping like flies today.

Serious ass kicking going on today. Can’t say much about the offense as the OL has been decimated but the amount of missed tackles is worrying. Atlanta seemed to be moving the ball at will all day. Looks like a bad day for the Alabama Wall.

8-0 for team scoring first. I should have stopped listening after Atlanta went 7 up.

Atlanta moved it all year against everyone. If Atlanta find a way to get into a wild card spot they'll be seriously dangerous. Unbelievable offence. We still have the division in our hands will come down to home and away against Philly I imagine. Smith's lack of accurate throws is a problem, also we're not throwing it down field. Yesterday Peterson struggled a little with the o line problems it's hardly surprising.

Big blow. He’s been the best guy on the OL this season.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1059468703098683392?s=21

Scherff, Richardson, Lauvao all done for the year. What a day!

And Trent Williams gone for another month or so.

Philly's division at this stage I think its fair to say

Thank God I didn’t pay for Gamepass this year. What a sh1t show it’s been today. One of the few clips they’ve shown on Redzone was a 3rd/14 where Doctson runs a 12 yard route and catches the ball so they end up short. Sums it all up I think.

• Advertisement

Thankfully the Bucs are equally as incompetent today so far.

Redskins have the ball up 13 with the ball on their own 25. Any sort of drive that eats the clock here and they win. What are the odds we get a 3 and out and punt and about a minute off the clock?

Redskins have the ball up 13 with the ball on their own 25. Any sort of drive that eats the clock here and they win. What are the odds we get a 3 and out and punt and about a minute off the clock?

Pretty much the same situation now. 1-2 first downs kill the game but my money’s on TB getting the ball back with plenty of time left.

How the hell did they win that game?

Nearly 500 yards given up but only 3 points.......!!!!!

Great turnovers at the right time I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

We're winning games due to winning the turnover battle and having a really good punter. Don't think winning games like this is too sustainable but at 6-3 can't really complain. Could do with the Cowboys doing us a favour and beating the Eagles tonight and then we're in a really good spot with the Eagles still having to play both the Saints and the Rams.

Morrison J wrote: »
    We're winning games due to winning the turnover battle and having a really good punter. Don't think winning games like this is too sustainable but at 6-3 can't really complain. Could do with the Cowboys doing us a favour and beating the Eagles tonight and then we're in a really good spot with the Eagles still having to play both the Saints and the Rams.

I think you’re right, it’s not sustainable and you’re not going to win the turnover battle 4-0 every week. I don’t think it’s fair to be critical of the offense at the moment because of who they’re missing but that unit really needs to step up if the team is going to be successful.

I think you’re right, it’s not sustainable and you’re not going to win the turnover battle 4-0 every week. I don’t think it’s fair to be critical of the offense at the moment because of who they’re missing but that unit really needs to step up if the team is going to be successful.

Our defence, at times, looks legit. Norman is definitely after turning his season around that's 4 good games in a row from him. The offence is missing the key elements that make them tick. Crowder and Thompson coming back would seriously change how effective Smith is. At the moment we're definite favourites for the Division but it's difficult to see anything but a loss to one of the top 2 seeds unless our offence drastically improves.

Houston score first. That’s that then.

Awful injury to Smith.

• Advertisement

Great start by McCoy

Advertisement