Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 39,473 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Something I'd forgotten about the Washington redskins before I rewatched their first two Americas game episodes was that their first two super bowl wins both happened after a strike of some kind. I'd forgotten about 1987.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Something I'd forgotten about the Washington redskins before I rewatched their first two Americas game episodes was that their first two super bowl wins both happened after a strike of some kind. I'd forgotten about 1987.

You should watch the recent 30 for 30 about the replacement players in 87. It’s really good.

Will Compton’s signed with Tennessee. I liked him when he played.

• Advertisement

Preseason schedule

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/984174336033656835

No Bucs game for a change which is nice.

Josh Norman's signed up for Dancing With The Stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Josh Norman's signed up for Dancing With The Stars.

Seen that!

Dez cut by the Cowboys too. And said 'I'll see you twice a year' apparently as he left :P Any chance of staying in division?

Remind me never to write a letter to the Redskins

28bceme.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

gerryfed wrote: »
    Seen that!

Dez cut by the Cowboys too. And said 'I'll see you twice a year' apparently as he left :P Any chance of staying in division?

I would totally take Dez , 2 years at 14-16 million or there abouts. I think he would work well with Smith and we dont have any possession receivers at the minute.

• Advertisement

So who do we want in the Draft?

Does anyone really have any interest in it?

Personally I've never been all that interested in it, but I guess I was more interested the year we drafted RG III.

I doubt we do anything spectacular regardless!

So who do we want in the Draft?

Does anyone really have any interest in it?

Personally I've never been all that interested in it, but I guess I was more interested the year we drafted RG III.

I doubt we do anything spectacular regardless!

I don’t really watch too much college football so apart from the top names, I don’t know much about the players who do be available at 13.

I’ve actually tuned out of NFL podcasts for my he past couple of weeks while all the guessing has been going on. The interest in mock drafts still amazes me. I know they’re good content filler but all it takes is a trade and everything they’ve been saying for the past 2 months becomes irrelevant.

I don’t really watch too much college football so apart from the top names, I don’t know much about the players who do be available at 13.

I’ve actually tuned out of NFL podcasts for my he past couple of weeks while all the guessing has been going on. The interest in mock drafts still amazes me. I know they’re good content filler but all it takes is a trade and everything they’ve been saying for the past 2 months becomes irrelevant.

I agree I think Mock drafts are the most ridiculous things. There will be some sort of trade early.

I do though in part at least enjoy reading where the beat writers for each team think the team's need strengthening.

I would love if the Patriots' interest in Lamar Jackson was legit and they decide to draft up ahead of the Cardinals and Ravens who have both been linked with him

Patriots get: Pick #13, Pick #163

Redskins get: Pick #23, Pick #31

After losing out on Vita Veia at the #13 slot, we take DT Da'Ron Payne at #23. Then take a CB or RB at #31 (or potentially trade back a little further to pick up another 3rd/4th). Followed by a CB or RB at #44

Just thinking out loud :)

Well... that trade was massively underwhelming :/ f*ck you Buccs!

I would have taken that trade from the Saints too!!

Meh .. probably a decent pick I suppose.

It's hilarious how some fans suddenly love a player once their team has made that pick.

I'd like to see us take a WR in the second round although a RB could be on the cards too.

We need help defensively as well. Probably should have tried to trade back after Vita went in front of us.

Training camp not off to the best fo starts

https://twitter.com/NBCSRedskins/status/994985537659392000

Hopefully a sign of things to come in the season (I really hate those gold pants)

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/1027655924251615233

• Advertisement

Gutted about the Guice news. Being able to run the ball and stopping the run are the two improvements needed and now a big part of one of them (in theory anyway) has been taken away.

Kevin Sheehan and Chris Cooley out at Team 980 radio which is a pity. Liked their show the morning after games and KS's pregame show was always worth a listen too.

Gutted about the Guice news. Being able to run the ball and stopping the run are the two improvements needed and now a big part of one of them (in theory anyway) has been taken away.

Yep ... I think we should sign Alfred Morris.

Yep ... I think we should sign Alfred Morris.

They've said they're happy with who they have but should they be? I don't know how much someone like Morris or any of the other free agents out there have left but with stronger line play from a running sense, hopefully Perine and Kelly can get the job done. And hopefully Chris Thompson can get back to where he was before his injury last year.

EDIt - Just read that Morris has signed with Kyle Shanahan in SF so that's that option gone!

They've said they're happy with who they have but should they be? I don't know how much someone like Morris or any of the other free agents out there have left but with stronger line play from a running sense, hopefully Perine and Kelly can get the job done. And hopefully Chris Thompson can get back to where he was before his injury last year.

EDIt - Just read that Morris has signed with Kyle Shanahan in SF so that's that option gone!

Perine and Kelly are not good enough in my opinion but Kelly showed glimpses of having the power to be a 3 down back , we'l see. Thompson, Reed, Davis and Doctson are the keys to kingdom. I think Smith can do well with what we have at receiver but you need a run game to keep teams honest. It's probably pre season optimism but I like our chances of being competitive this year.

It's probably pre season optimism but I like our chances of being competitive this year.

Don’t worry. That’ll be snapped out of you about half way through the week 1 game. Redskins 0-4 in week 1 games under Gruden

Don’t worry. That’ll be snapped out of you about half way through the week 1 game. Redskins 0-4 in week 1 games under Gruden

We can win in Arizona. I'm hopeful. Stop ruining it with reality Jack.

I get so sucked in every year too....

I get so sucked in every year too....

Caps won the Stanley Cup.

Now the Nationals are stinking the place up but there is lots of optimism in DC about the Redskins. Lots of positive's coming out about Smith and how he is working with Gruden and the receivers.

I think every chance we go to the playoffs... lets stay positive for at least a few weeks!

• Advertisement

CB Scandrick cut today. Only signed a few months back but wasn’t impressing it seems

Advertisement