Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Spiritiser

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Spiritiser wrote: »

I suppose this devalues my shares.................Yes I paid for these shares many years ago when John Ryan was looking for people to invest in the radio station.....................No problem I never expected a return on the investment!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Now sure I understand the connection between shares you bought and a story that not only presents from years ago but something that was covered by insurance ? Does this story devalue shares ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

They don't have to say that they are broadcasting from the Nenagh studio,because it is evident from listening to the microphone.I know the acoustics of the building are different to the main studio,but surely it could be better.I don't think the changes of the on-air staff have made it a better sounding station.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Agree. Whilst Norman wasn't to everyone's taste at least he was a Tipp man talking to Tipp folk. Ditto Denis O'Sullivan and others.
    Very little I'd go out of my way to tune into there anymore.

• Advertisement

Didn't know Norman had left ?

Norman Morrissey is gone from TippFM alright . New chap in the afternoons has taken up the job .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

johnplayer wrote: »
    Norman Morrissey is gone from TippFM alright . New chap in the afternoons has taken up the job .

Also for the past few weeks, they are playing talk shows/ docs in place of the usual classical music show .
    What a pity. The docs are not good as the show...

Big Tanya wrote: »
    Also for the past few weeks, they are playing talk shows/ docs in place of the usual classical music show .
    What a pity. The docs are not good as the show...

To be honest The Classical music show has not been good since the times of Pat Geary [rip] and Mick Coffey [rip].Since then the presenters were playing the standards,because the hadn't a clue about classical music,and any listener interested in that music would not have bothered to listen..if its not done proper,why do it at all...and whatever goes out now is decided by the Clare/Tipp CEO...Its a shame that Tipp fm couldn't find some one decent to run the station,but seen as they find it difficult to hold on to decent presenters,its not a surprise.I don't hear any big difference in the mornings,between who presents now,and the last lady presenter..and the guy in the afternoon is the same run of the mill presenter they hire now...not a bit of personality to be found at all.

DT100 wrote: »
    To be honest The Classical music show has not been good since the times of Pat Geary [rip] and Mick Coffey [rip].Since then the presenters were playing the standards,because the hadn't a clue about classical music,and any listener interested in that music would not have bothered to listen..if its not done proper,why do it at all...and whatever goes out now is decided by the Clare/Tipp CEO...Its a shame that Tipp fm couldn't find some one decent to run the station,but seen as they find it difficult to hold on to decent presenters,its not a surprise.I don't hear any big difference in the mornings,between who presents now,and the last lady presenter..and the guy in the afternoon is the same run of the mill presenter they hire now...not a bit of personality to be found at all.

Anyone that was any good was got rid of over the years . There's been some great presenters through TippFM .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

To be honest The Classical music show has not been good since the times of Pat Geary [rip] and Mick Coffey [rip].Since then the presenters were playing the standards,because the hadn't a clue about classical music,.
    Agreed. In the past, I did enjoy the classical music on a sunday morning.
    The classical show of late, did become a promotion for the drivetime show, and for some strange reason strictly come dancing was always been mentioned.

I have stopped listening now, and instead listen to classic fm on sky.

sunday mornings in bed are a delight.

I don't think you can say that Derek Ryan 'hadn'ta clue about classical music'. He sings opera ffs.

So what's the perfect line up for TippFM starting at 6 am and across the day ?

Back to back repeats of Down your Way, radio gold!

So what's the perfect line up for TippFM starting at 6 am and across the day ?

Auto DJ..........................:) How was the jnlr book this time????????

Auto DJ..........................:) How was the jnlr book this time????????

Aaron Burchael needs to be reinstated ASAP .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why?

Loughc wrote: »
    Why?

Because he's the only person I've heard on TippFM that sounds professional .

• Registered Users Posts: 47 murray sparkle

It's a bit rich to say that Aaron Burchill is the only professional person to have broadcast on Tipp FM when you can watch Claire McNamara on the Six One News every night (ex Tipp FM), listen to Niall Carroll with the highest listenership on Lyric FM (ex Tipp FM), Brendan Fitzpatrick (reporter and Editor at RTE Radio News At One and ex Morning Ireland), Eoin Ryan (producer of Nationwide), Cian McCormack (RTE reporter), Stephen Cooper, Enda Caldwell, Andrew Looby, Shay Searson, Paul Byrne, Pat Murphy, Aisling Ni Choisdealbha, Shane Heffernan, Alison Hyland, Jimmy Williams, Jonathan Ryan, Mike Kelly and more. These are people who were at the top of their game at Tipp and are still. Aaron is a nightclub DJ and can get a rabble roused but that doesn't make great radio. These, and more, were better broadcasters coming out of the womb than Burchill has ever been. He's the most egotistical guy I've ever heard. He surrounds himself with sycophants who tell him he's great.

Antoinette is great on breakfast and I like the way the station is sounding.

It's a bit rich to say that Aaron Burchill is the only professional person to have broadcast on Tipp FM when you can watch Claire McNamara on the Six One News every night (ex Tipp FM), listen to Niall Carroll with the highest listenership on Lyric FM (ex Tipp FM), Brendan Fitzpatrick (reporter and Editor at RTE Radio News At One and ex Morning Ireland), Eoin Ryan (producer of Nationwide), Cian McCormack (RTE reporter), Stephen Cooper, Enda Caldwell, Andrew Looby, Shay Searson, Paul Byrne, Pat Murphy, Aisling Ni Choisdealbha, Shane Heffernan, Alison Hyland, Jimmy Williams, Jonathan Ryan, Mike Kelly and more. These are people who were at the top of their game at Tipp and are still. Aaron is a nightclub DJ and can get a rabble roused but that doesn't make great radio. These, and more, were better broadcasters coming out of the womb than Burchill has ever been. He's the most egotistical guy I've ever heard. He surrounds himself with sycophants who tell him he's great.

Fine but the truth is that they have lost 22% in 12 months . These presenters are no longer availble to them so what next ?

• Advertisement

Fine but the truth is that they have lost 22% in 12 months . These presenters are no longer availble to them so what next ?

I would say those in charge of Tipp FM,are asking the same question!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Their imaging and voiceovers need a serious lift, a fresh set of voiceovers would do them well.

Way too many promos, and practically every 10 seconds you hear "On your wavelength". We already know that!

I was in Tipp this week and in fairness to them they had up-to-date info, which was very handy, especially being the week that's in it with the storm damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He was the worst radio DJ that I ever heard,Tony Brook would give him a good run for his money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭WayneScott

Fine but the truth is that they have lost 22% in 12 months . ?
    where did you get that info?
    how did they spin that out of their figures?

WayneScott wrote: »
    where did you get that info?
    how did they spin that out of their figures?

http://www.adworld.ie/news/read/?id=8594b9b8-1df6-4ab6-b561-6d34c5c8ea91

Sport is OK on Tipp FM. That is it.

Mr. G wrote: »
    Their imaging and voiceovers need a serious lift, a fresh set of voiceovers would do them well.

Way too many promos, and practically every 10 seconds you hear "On your wavelength". We already know that!

I was in Tipp this week and in fairness to them they had up-to-date info, which was very handy, especially being the week that's in it with the storm damage.

Yes agree.the imaging is very stale....Promos were always done to the extreme.Lots of programmes coming from the Nenagh studios now...well its nearer to Clare;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yes agree.the imaging is very stale....Promos were always done to the extreme.Lots of programmes coming from the Nenagh studios now...well its nearer to Clare;)

Well, what more could you want? :D

Mr. G wrote: »
    Well, what more could you want? :D

A decent radio station!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Have all of the list above worked on tipp fm I have never heard of a lot of them.
    Having read through the thread there seems to be a couple of regular posters (not saying you're one) who are able to point out what's wrong with the local station. Now everyone is entitled to their opinion and criticism is fine but I think it should be constructive criticism. Also there is no need for sniping at individuals, and how they pronounce words etc.that's very immature.
    So come on lads don't just tell us whats wrong give us your opinion on how it could be done better.
    For my part I listen to tipp fm occasionally when I'm back home and find it enjoyable enough not perfect of course but what is.

Advertisement