Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Big Tanya wrote: »
    ~
    what is ~

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

~

Why are you called Big Tanya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

~ Whatever they are,theres another..Could it be related to the amount of presenters Tipp FM seem to have...Groundhog radio...............

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Is their anyway to hear a recording of I think it's called "Down your Way" programme that came from Loughmore a week or so ago? It doesn't seem to be available on podcast.

maudgone wrote: »
    Is their anyway to hear a recording of I think it's called "Down your Way" programme that came from Loughmore a week or so ago? It doesn't seem to be available on podcast.
    What day did you hear it? As far as I know it is repeated on Saturday morning but if you heard it last Sat that would be the repeat

• Advertisement

alyssum wrote: »
    What day did you hear it? As far as I know it is repeated on Saturday morning but if you heard it last Sat that would be the repeat

Ya, I think it was last Saturday morning I heard it. It was a clip of Noel Joyce's winning recitation from this year's Scor, but I only heard the tail end of it. Would love to hear all of it, as it hilarious, and superbly written and performed.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Ya, I think it was last Saturday morning I heard it. It was a clip of Noel Joyce's winning recitation from this year's Scor, but I only heard the tail end of it. Would love to hear all of it, as it hilarious, and superbly written and performed.[/quote

Brand new voice on TippFM this afternoon . Sounds good too .

johnplayer wrote: »
    Ya, I think it was last Saturday morning I heard it. It was a clip of Noel Joyce's winning recitation from this year's Scor, but I only heard the tail end of it. Would love to hear all of it, as it hilarious, and superbly written and performed.[/quote

Brand new voice on TippFM this afternoon . Sounds good too .

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Big Tanya

I like the new man on news. alan is his name. he has a very sexy voice.
    alan morrissey.

Why are you called Big Tanya?

?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

I like the new man on news. alan is his name. he has a very sexy voice.
    alan morrissey.

You may be hearing more of him, as i hear Alison who reads the news and sometimes presents tipp today, is leaving the station for pastures new, which is a pity as she is very good at presenting that show.

The guy who presents the afternoon show is moving on too.....Is the ship nearing rocks?

You may be hearing more of him, as i hear Alison who reads the news and sometimes presents tipp today, is leaving the station for pastures new, which is a pity as she is very good at presenting that show.
    she is no great shakes on news and on tipp today spends 20 mins reading papers

The guy who presents the afternoon show is moving on too.....Is the ship nearing rocks?

Just heard that Aidan O`Doherty is to finish up his Sunday night Country show in a few weeks too :(

Just heard that Aidan O`Doherty is to finish up his Sunday night Country show in a few weeks too :(

Are all the changes due to the joining up with Clare FM I wonder.I still don't know why they had to join.Clare FM was always said to be one of the leading local stations.Tipp FM always said how well the listenership figures were.Did Tipp approach Clare,or was it the other way around?The last CEO of Tipp FM was a shrewd operator,or so we were led to believe from various articles that were printed,especially when she came there first.It a tough business for all stations now.Will the country show be one more that goes down the road of voice-tracking.Are there any presenters in Tipp that Tipp FM could hire to inject something fresh to the station,or are all the good one gone,because Tipp presenters have gone on to other jobs and are doing well.Theres a few on RTE.Is the problem that all the good ones have moved on,and theres no replacements.Maybe the problem is that at one time,the only training for a person interested in radio was to try to work on a pirate station.The pirates didn't pay,it was those that would do anything,and had a flair for the gig,that went and did it.Now there are broadcasting courses,and things are very structured,and clinical.Is it a case of,you either have it or you haven't? I have lots of questions,but no answers:)

DT100 wrote: »
    Are all the changes due to the joining up with Clare FM I wonder.I still don't know why they had to join.Clare FM was always said to be one of the leading local stations.Tipp FM always said how well the listenership figures were.Did Tipp approach Clare,or was it the other way around?

From the Clare FM site in March
    A company lead by Clare FM Radio has announced the acquisition of a majority shareholding in the local radio station in County Tipperary.
    Clare FM and a number of other shareholders are to purchase 56.1% of Tipp FM, subject to the approval of the Competition Authority.
    Clare FM and Tipp FM Radio stations announced a strategic alliance last year, involving both stations sharing costs in non-broadcasting areas in a bid to deliver savings and protect employment.
    Under the agreement Clare FM's Managing Director Liam O'Shea became Chief Executive of both stations, which remain independent and retain their individual licences for their respective counties.
    Now Dreamglade Limited - a consortium controlled by Clare FM, and including Mr. O'Shea, as well as Ennis businessmen Gay and Terence Mangan are to acquire 56.1% of Tipp FM's Share Capital - which is currently owned by the Irish Press Group - for an undisclosed sum.
    The deal is currently being considered by the competition authority but has already been approved by the Boradcasting Authority of Ireland.

Like the bit about protecting employment !!

I think the clean out has begun . Quite a few presenters have been given the road . It's a bizarre situation that ClareFM think they can do this without a backlash . Plus any new people taken on will last no longer then 12 months .

I think the clean out has begun . Quite a few presenters have been given the road . It's a bizarre situation that ClareFM think they can do this without a backlash . Plus any new people taken on will last no longer then 12 months .
    why is that
    They have a new schedule from next week tipp today at 9 am -11 am..nothing to do with kenny...they say

why is that
    They have a new schedule from next week tipp today at 9 am -11 am..nothing to do with kenny...they say

Yeah that's right I heard from a source in Newstalk that The Pat Kenny production team see Seamus Martin as huge compitition too .

Yeah that's right I heard from a source in Newstalk that The Pat Kenny production team see Seamus Martin as huge compitition too .
    lol a source is always a good....source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Denis O'Sullivan finishes up this Sunday. End of an era!

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Denis O'Sullivan finishes up this Sunday. End of an era!
    who will take over? are they changing all the presenters

The presenter on the sunday night country show is finishing as well.I heard a promo today for a programme that's going to be on sundays from ten to eleven.Its called eclectic highway,there was no station mentioned,and only a gmail address given to contact.I had a look at the clare fm site,the eclectic highway is on there on Fridays.Dennis on sunday is gone,the afternoon guy is gone,and who know who else is gone from behind the scenes.Who let this happen? Tipp FM have let down the loyal listenership that they always claimed to have.Itas all about money.it must be terrible to work there,who can feel their job is safe.I wonder what the pirates who paved the way for radio in Tipperary think of it all....How did it happen.....

The presenter on the sunday night country show is finishing as well.I heard a promo today for a programme that's going to be on sundays from ten to eleven.Its called eclectic highway,there was no station mentioned,and only a gmail address given to contact.I had a look at the clare fm site,the eclectic highway is on there on Fridays.Dennis on sunday is gone,the afternoon guy is gone,and who know who else is gone from behind the scenes.Who let this happen? Tipp FM have let down the loyal listenership that they always claimed to have.Itas all about money.it must be terrible to work there,who can feel their job is safe.I wonder what the pirates who paved the way for radio in Tipperary think of it all....How did it happen.....
    did norman morrsiisy leave or was he let go?

did norman morrsiisy leave or was he let go?

Only a complete newsbag/gossip would want to ask a question like that!

Why would you say that, when the posts are about the changes that have taken place at Tipp FM since Clare FM's involvement.It seems an ok question to me.I know the two sunday guys were let go.I see a new presenter for breakfast.I think she may have been on Spin SW a while ago.

keep out of it if you cannot engage without being smart

Why would you say that, when the posts are about the changes that have taken place at Tipp FM since Clare FM's involvement.It seems an ok question to me.I know the two sunday guys were let go.I see a new presenter for breakfast.I think she may have been on Spin SW a while ago.
    Is sarah gone? Trudy the news reader came from Clare too. and who is sunday now in place of Denis O?

Says here Clare took over Tipp FM. I thought it was an 'alliance'

Is sarah gone? Trudy the news reader came from Clare too. and who is sunday now in place of Denis O?

I don't know who will replace Dennis..he is still on the website.

• Advertisement

I don't know who will replace Dennis..he is still on the website.
    where

Advertisement