Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

alyssum wrote: »
    where

He is gone off it now.he was still there when I posted that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

DT100 wrote: »
    He is gone off it now.he was still there when I posted that:)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

:D

I'm thinking the new chap on afternoons will be getting his knuckles slapped by the PD after telling people on air today that he visited the Rock Of Cashel for the first time this week and how he didn't know what to expect ? And how he thinks its a great resource for the area . Lol ! Bizarre . Is there No Radio people in Co Tipperary that could of been hired that are part of the fabric of the county that could connect with Tipp people ?

johnplayer wrote: »
    I'm thinking the new chap on afternoons will be getting his knuckles slapped by the PD after telling people on air today that he visited the Rock Of Cashel for the first time this week and how he didn't know what to expect ? And how he thinks its a great resource for the area . Lol ! Bizarre . Is there No Radio people in Co Tipperary that could of been hired that are part of the fabric of the county that could connect with Tipp people ?
    seemingly not

seemingly not

Just heard of a few top presenters that passed through TippFM in the day . Enda Caldwell and Matt Dempsey .

• Advertisement

Just heard of a few top presenters that passed through TippFM in the day . Enda Caldwell and Matt Dempsey .
    top presenter?

I don't think they were Tipperary people...it might be harder to name some Tipperary djs who were top presenters?Can anyone tell me what difference there is between the breakfast presenter they have now,and presenter that was replaced? or maybe the previous lady didn't wan to do it anymore.What in the name of God is that show that is on now at one o clock on Sundays.The Denis presenter that was always on,could surely do the programme that replaced him.Is it change just for the sake of change??

Don't know who's from Tipperary or NOT . For all I knew both Enda and Matt are from Tipp ? Maybe not .

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

Enda is from Co Meath and Matt from Dublin as far as i know. Denis on Sundays has been replaced by Trystan Russell from Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

New guy in afternoons is from Sligo I think. Sports guy is from Dublin. I think Fran Curry is from Cashel but he must be the only Tipperary person left in there.

• Advertisement

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    New guy in afternoons is from Sligo I think. Sports guy is from Dublin. I think Fran Curry is from Cashel but he must be the only Tipperary person left in there.
    the small fish is from tipp

the small fish is from tipp[/QUOTET

The small fish????? You seem to be in the know...tell us more:D

the small fish is from tipp[/QUOTET

The small fish????? You seem to be in the know...tell us more:D
    the guy on tipp today, i heard someone called him a small fish journalist :D one time on air. I was told he hung up on her as she was winning the argument

I did not hear the interview so this is just what i hheard about it

the guy on tipp today, i heard someone called him a small fish journalist :D one time on air. I was told he hung up on her as she was winning the argument

I did not hear the interview so this is just what i hheard about it

Oh that guy....Its a wonder he didn't get changed.The changes made seem to be younger presenters instead of old....How did he survive......I would love to have heard that interview alyssum.But in my opinion the lady on breakfast before the presenter that's there, now was better.....not great,but better than now....That carol girl must be there seven days a week..she must have shares...making a packet I would imagine.

They seem to be skewing the news to have local news or tipperary mentioned. There is vomiting bug in http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/winter-vomiting-bug-curbs-visits-at-limerick-hospital-1-5519466

tippfm say "The Health Service Executive is asking people across Tipperary to avoid going to the Accident and Emergency department at University Hospital Limerick."

The HSE is asking everyone not to go there http://clare.fm/news/outbrerak-winter-vomiting-bug-limerick-hospital

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/winter-vomiting-bug-curbs-visits-at-limerick-hospital-1-5519466

Is Alison the news reader gone from there as well?

30 Sep, 2013 - .
    Tipp FM's Managing Director Liam O'Shea has been honoured by his peers today.
    The Tipperary Native is one of three well known and highly respected figures within the broadcasting industry that have just been inducted into the PPI Radio Awards Hall of Fame .
    This prestigious honour aims to award those who have made an exceptional contribution to radio in Ireland with the accolade also being presented to RTE broadcaster Joe Duffy and well known voice over artist and actor Bill Golding.
    Over the past 12 months - Liam O'Shea who is also managing director at Clare FM, forged a strategic working alliance between the stations and says he's humbled to recieve today's award

I am sure the people who were left go of late are humbled as well........

Is Alison the news reader gone from there as well?

Alison is well gone at this stage. Working outside of radio now I understand.

Lots of changes so.I am amazed that the current affairs presenter didn't get moved on.Is there anything he doesn't know,or have a story about...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

Newsreader reading about Noel Davern sentence is " former junior agriculture minister" . She says" former junior ag minister"

She said something similar last week, cannot recall what the word was then. Pathetic

• Advertisement

I heard a man from Nenagh being interviewed.He said he was going to go into the new studios in Nenagh.Seamus said something like "OH and we will have production studios and every thing".So a new studio in the north of the county.It has been said to me many times,that they have more listeners in the north of the county than the south:D

Does anyone know what the Tipp Fm JNLR was like.

They have had the greatest loss of any Radio Station haemorrhaging 12% market share year on year .

They have had the greatest loss of any Radio Station haemorrhaging 12% market share year on year .
    the say they are number one in tipp

TippFM are still No1 in Tipperary . It's just a concerning slide .

A slide that coincided with some of the old guard being left go. A coincidence? I think not.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

blastit wrote: »
    the say they are number one in tipp

Yup, they still are apparently. Though I'd imagine only just
    Local radio continues to be a strong performer in the individual radio markets across the country – in many areas reaching more than 40% of the local adult population daily. In Mayo, Kerry, the Shannonside area and Donegal Nth, more than half of the adult population tune in daily. In particular, on the criterion of share of minutes listened during prime 7am to 7pm, Highland Radio, Tipp FM and Radio Kerry hold the majority share position in their franchise areas.

http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/JNLR-Results-October-2012.pdf

I hate the slogan "on your wavelength". But it could be worse I guess

Mr. G wrote: »
    Yup, they still are apparently. Though I'd imagine only just

http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/JNLR-Results-October-2012.pdf

I hate the slogan "on your wavelength". But it could be worse I guess
    But is it true...

The podcast for today with today's date is from last Monday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Looks like they're changing their logo according to pictures on their Facebook page.

I've been listening to the breakfast bowl over the last few weeks, actually quite good. I think Antoinette Gleeson is from Spin SW?

Advertisement