Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800 - 199.99€

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Trying to order this online, but cant seem to, keep getting an error! Any other stores, other than carphone warehouse, selling this for €200?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Tinie wrote: »
    Link to that thread?

Here ya go!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23 radve

Samdung doesn't have Nokia Drive (navigator) or Nokia Music and isnt't still available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Hey can anyone who bought this phone me tell if its worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

This phone is free with emobile on a 12 month contract- Select 300 plan is currently half price- €22.37 (300 mins, 300 txts, 2gb data). So you get a years service for an extra €68 over the price of the phone on O2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thats a good offer alright. I haven't seen an unlock for a 800 on emobile, is the only drawback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

kc66 wrote: »
    This phone is free with emobile on a 12 month contract- Select 300 plan is currently half price- €22.37 (300 mins, 300 txts, 2gb data). So you get a years service for an extra €68 over the price of the phone on O2.
    That offer seems to be SIM only?
    Scratch that. It seems you do have the option to select a phone if you pick the 12 month contract option as an eircom customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

DeepBlue wrote: »
    That offer seems to be SIM only?
    Scratch that. It seems you do have the option to select a phone if you pick the 12 month contract option as an eircom customer.

The 12 month contract option as an Eircom customer is €44.73/month?

manu2009 wrote: »
    The 12 month contract option as an Eircom customer is €44.73/month?

50% discount gets applied later...

226806.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I wonder would this also work with the Unlimited plan on 12 month contract?

• Advertisement

Oracle wrote: »
    I wonder would this also work with the Unlimited plan on 12 month contract?

Should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Bought it on o2 for €180 with the intention of switching to emobile or 3 after €150 credit but fúck my luck a better deal appears the next day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EhBenDisDonc

226806.JPG

I'm struggling to see how the 50% discount applies to the 12 month contract. As far as I can see this plan remains €44.73, whereas the SIM only plan is half-price at €22.37. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sonyboy

I'm struggling to see how the 50% discount applies to the 12 month contract. As far as I can see this plan remains €44.73, whereas the SIM only plan is half-price at €22.37. Am I missing something?

Same here, I went through as far as step 5 and it still showed up as 44euro /month (even while quoting an eircom account number)

I haven't gone through fully with a purchase yet as I have to give 30 days notice on my current plan. Perhaps it is not available on the 12 month plan.
    Edit: Just went through it in more detail. Seems it is only on Sim only. I think they have updated the website since last week to make this clearer (or maybe I just didn't read it right last week:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

I haven't gone through fully with a purchase yet as I have to give 30 days notice on my current plan. Perhaps it is not available on the 12 month plan.
    Edit: Just went through it in more detail. Seems it is only on Sim only. I think they have updated the website since last week to make this clearer (or maybe I just didn't read it right last week:o)

Maybe a stupid question but does Sim only mean no free phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

FWIW I've had this phone for several months and I think it's terrific.

The ONLY thing I wish it had is an 'orientation lock' feature for reading on the kindle app. Other than that it's got every app and feature I've wanted. No front facing camera but I've never wanted to use one.

SJ. wrote: »
    FWIW I've had this phone for several months and I think it's terrific.

The ONLY thing I wish it had is an 'orientation lock' feature for reading on the kindle app. Other than that it's got every app and feature I've wanted. No front facing camera but I've never wanted to use one.

The app store must be quite limited though?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

check it out:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/featured-apps

I suppose it depends on what you want. Nokia drive is great for offline GPS navigation, and it has the must-haves like Angry birds, skype, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone have reduced it for Christmas too. Down to €169.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Vodafone have reduced it for Christmas too. Down to €169.99

Where do you see that, Its still 409 on their website or is it just in stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Check back tomorrow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Pity it can't be unlocked easily.

Check back tomorrow ;)

Is it just me or did they start selling the cyan colour now?

This offer would be great, but Vodafone give so little data allowance on pre pay and bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

Where do you see that, Its still 409 on their website or is it just in stores?
    Check back tomorrow ;)

I'm seeing € 169.99 on their website now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's unlocked on Amazon for £159 with Free Delivery (about €198). Not as good as above, but i don't know what they are like to unlock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0065VOIB0/

Allyall wrote: »
    It's unlocked on Amazon for £159 with Free Delivery (about €198). Not as good as above, but i don't know what they are like to unlock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0065VOIB0/

This is a better option if your not planning to use it on Vodafone. Heard shops quoting around 60 euro to unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Is it just me or did they start selling the cyan colour now?

This offer would be great, but Vodafone give so little data allowance on pre pay and bill

Saw one for the first time in a Vodafone store on Saturday. It's a fantastic looking phone.

Damn, should have waited for that Amazon price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/lumia-800

Just a heads up, this is available for €150 on meteor.ie and its in stock apparently. They have it in black and white. A terrific phone for the money in fairness. At €150, thats quite a bit cheaper than amazon.co.uk who have it for £160

Advertisement