Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800 - 199.99€

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Oh the confusion! Lisa from O2 is now saying that the price will remain at 199 euro!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I assume they are selling these off to clear stock before Windows Mobile 8 comes in. Which this can't upgrade to. It will be replaced by the 820. The other 610, and 710 must surely fall shortly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Its a great phone but Microsoft announced already that none of these phones will be able upgrade to Windows 8 when launched in a few weeks. They will get some features of the "Windows 8 experience".

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6029/existing-windows-phone-7-devices-will-get-updated-to-windows-phone-78-no-windows-8

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

I have the phone the last 2 months and for 200euro its a steal. Everything just works on it plus most importantly its a brilliant phone.

Ensure it has Windows phone 7.5 software on it, add in a few apps and away you go...

It should be noted that in the last few months sales of the Lumia range in Europe have done well, so their is a lot around this will ensure its continued support from Nokia post the 820 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's £149 in the UK with o2, which is €186.

• Advertisement

Yeah but with postage you'd be paying 200 euro anyway. The 610 is a low budget mobile for 149 euro so to get the 800 for €199 is good I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Does anybody have a definitive answer as to whether this will work with a 48 sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Wineman wrote: »
    Does anybody have a definitive answer as to whether this will work with a 48 sim?

needs to be sim free to work with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

From what I can gather an unlock code from an online crowd won't work and any unlocking shop I've gone to say the phone needs to be sent away to be unlocked and they still can't guarantee it will unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Out of stock now.
    Typical, I didn't have funds until today.
    Hopefully this will become available again, possibly another retailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 jokeman

It's out of stock alright on the O2 website but I went to the O2 shop today and they have loads left as they're making way for the new Nokia 920.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone know of any stores or irish websites that allow you to trade in your old phone (mine is only a year old, but Im not mad on android) for a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Got two of them a couple of weeks back from Aldi in the uk , very good top quality phone, should improve more with the new windows 7.8 update shortly.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The Lumia 800 can be sim-unlocked for free, thanks to fine folks at xda-developers. It does require flashing a new ROM to the phone, but then it's a simple unlock with NSS, Nokia's care suite.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1778454&page=2.

(I haven't done this myself, so I'd suggest anyone interested read into it fully before committing)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

stevenmu wrote: »
    The Lumia 800 can be sim-unlocked for free, thanks to fine folks at xda-developers. It does require flashing a new ROM to the phone, but then it's a simple unlock with NSS, Nokia's care suite.

(I haven't done this myself, so I'd suggest anyone interested read into it fully before committing)

If you buy it from carphone warehouse it should be unlocked any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Why does everyone assume the phones from cpw will be unlocked. The 800 shouldn't be anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

From what I can work out you need to have Qualcomm OSBL and not Nokia DLOAD to use that unlock.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think one of the links in there also covered flashing the bootloader to the Qualcomm one. I think that's possible for all phones now, but not 100% sure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why does everyone assume the phones from cpw will be unlocked. The 800 shouldn't be anyway.

I've bought phones from them that were unlocked. Plus, it makes sense from their point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I've bought phones from them that were unlocked. Plus, it makes sense from their point of view.

depends on the suppliers pal, some are , some aren't its hit or miss to be honest, i wouldn't rely on it.

If im correct the is locked.

depends on the suppliers pal, some are , some aren't its hit or miss to be honest, i wouldn't rely on it.

If im correct the is locked.

It depends a lot. Some phones are generic which are sold on several networks. Some of them are specific like O2 and Vodafone usually are locked.

The only other reason they are ever unlocked if their a brand new phone and their pushing it out quick to meet the demands (like my HTC Titan, Vodafone branded but it was unlocked)

I'd never count on a phone being unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

My wife asked a manager in the CPW today if a 48 sim would work in the 800 and he told her a 48 sim would not work in any phone they sell, I assume he is telling porkies there?

Wineman wrote: »

My wife asked a manager in the CPW today if a 48 sim would work in the 800 and he told her a 48 sim would not work in any phone they sell, I assume he is telling porkies there?

If a phone is locked to one network it will only work with one network. O2 has an offer to attract new customers vis promotions like this. They obviously don't want you to buy their discounted phone and then go somewhere else.

If you are with 48 you will need a SIM free phone

• Registered Users Posts: 23 radve

Mine Lumia was unlocked when I bought it. (in Finland).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bto

I bought a Lumia 800 yesterday in CPW for 200 on the O2 deal. It is simfree!

bto wrote: »
    I bought a Lumia 800 yesterday in CPW for 200 on the O2 deal. It is simfree!
    Anyone else the same? Want it simfree to stay on meteor!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bto

I don't want the phone. You can have it for 200.

Sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Would rather get Windows 8S for 270 euro (mentioned in another thread here).

• Advertisement

soirish wrote: »
    Would rather get Windows 8S for 270 euro (mentioned in another thread here).

Link to that thread?

Advertisement