Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800 - 199.99€

Options
  • 06-10-2012 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Calling this a bargain alert. Followers of this pnone will know it was 400€ for Pay as you Go, now down to 199.99€ (and lower with online purchase and Fatcheese) in O2 shops

Only a year on the market if that.
    Picked up one myself today, well pleased.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

€199 online, 10% off with priority moments (thursday to sunday) and €10 cashback with fatcheese

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciag

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

Windows phone 8 is due out with the next month, hence the bargain I suspect. Will upgrade to WP7.8 though?

Good price. But you won't be getting Win Phone 8. You will get the new home screen, though.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/your-windows-phone-wont-get-wp8-will-get-new-home-screen-50008339/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tempted to get a new phone.. but most reviews site seem to indicate the battery is atrocious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Basq wrote: »
    Tempted to get a new phone.. but most reviews site seem to indicate the battery is atrocious!

AFAIK this applied to the original firmware but was fixed in a later update.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

long_b wrote: »
    Basq wrote: »

AFAIK this applied to the original firmware but was fixed in a later update.

Got mine in June. Battery was really bad at the start, then I updated and lasts me a day now with alot of usage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

It says €400 and I can't check out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

johndoc wrote: »
    Windows phone 8 is due out with the next month, hence the bargain I suspect. Will upgrade to WP7.8 though?

Yes, it does update to 7.8.

I have one and got herself one too. Battery is fine as long as you have it up to date with the latest firmware. If you leave it on wifi all day, it'll be short, but it's fine other than that.

I can get just short of 2 days after a full charge and using it for work emails / browsing, calling.

It's at a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Does anyone know how much would it cost to unlock one of those? I'm currently with 48 and don't want to switch to o2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

How does one avail to the 10% off with priority moments? I go through the order and until the confirmation page still shows €199.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

That's a really good bargain. I'm with O2 and have been watching the Lumia range, couldn't decide which one to get. I know a lot of people are waitng for the 820 and 920 to come out but at that price I'd defo buy that. Must check reviews on it. Cheers for that info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Does anyone know how much would it cost to unlock one of those? I'm currently with 48 and don't want to switch to o2.

I've only been able to find one crowd online to do it and they want €45.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Any ideas how to get the 10% off code?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

48 is o2, different branding; same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 radve

I have used Lumia 900 since June and my gf has Lumia 800. Both are great phones and it is a bargain on that prize. Both phones has free music and gps navigator and which you dont usually get when you buy a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    48 is o2, different branding; same company.

But the 48 sim card won't work in this phone because it will be locked to o2...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

manu2009 wrote: »
    But the 48 sim card won't work in this phone because it will be locked to o2...

48 are a virtual provider on the o2 network so it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Tinie wrote: »
    Any ideas how to get the 10% off code?

You have to register with O2 priority offers and you'll get a code for that. I'll fet on with them in the next few days as it seems the offer is running Thursday to Sunday, although I couldn't get the 10% off for the last 3 hours, my code didn't get recognized and the total was still €199.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Iron Hide wrote: »

Are you sure about this? I know 48 use the o2 network but i thought a 48 sim wouldn't work in an o2 locked phone, the same as the way tesco mobile sims wouldn't work even though there using the o2 network also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Pity the camera and SQ wasn't better or I'd jump on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Iron Hide wrote: »

48 are owned by o2 but their sims don't work in o2 phones, I checked. Tesco sim cards don't work in o2 phones either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 radve

BostonB wrote: »
    Pity the camera and SQ wasn't better or I'd jump on it.

Nokia will publish Lumia 920 next month. It will have the best camera in mobile phones. I think it will cost about 650 euros "unlocked"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

One thing to bear in mind if you are considering a Windows phone is that whilst there is a Skype app available it doesn't run in the background so is just about useless for receiving Skype calls. The last official comment that I am aware of from Skype 2 weeks ago still doesn't confirm if Skype will run in the background with either WP7.8 or WP8.

Whilst it is widely expected that Skype will be integrated into WP8 and should also run in the background with WP7.8 no one seems to know for sure.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

This post has been deleted.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Soo disappointed. On the O2 site on boards a rep told me that the €199 price was an error and that they are updating it...........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its that price in the O2 shop I asked in though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I was told in the o2 store the price was dropped due to overstocking.

Advertisement