Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Well, I have an appointment at 4pm on Thursday, not sure if they'll actually induce me then or if it'll be later on. I'm guessing they'll try the gels first and then the drip/ARM if that doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Yeah that's what they're doing with me I think. I have to go in tomorrow between 2 and 4, I assume they're just checking me then, see what the problem is, and she wants to induce me Wednesday morning, so hopefully it all works straight away. Hope they'll induce u if nothing happens, these babies really made us wait, we need cuddles too desperately now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Just bring ear plugs and an eye mask and you might be able to get some sleep! Bringing your laptop for movies sounds like a good idea :)

Thanks Murdy :) Yeah I'll get some earplugs definitely, I've heard too many complaints about the noise, but I bet most of the noise will be me snoring, if I get to sleep haha

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Good luck guys, hope ye get babies soon! But enjoy the alone time!

• Advertisement

Thanks Aknitter :D I'll try! I'm going to completely pig out tonight!! :D

I actually use a cochlear implant so I don't think I'll be worrying too much about the snoring. :D The eye mask is a good idea though. It's weird having a day planned to have a baby...oh yeah, it's coming on Friday, mark your calendars!

Ah I'm so excited for u paperclip!! :) Eye mask!! I'm going to write these things down now :)

Funny how the cochlear implant will end up coming in handy! I hardly slept in the hospital but did manage a few hours the second night because of ear plugs and eye mask thing. I was shocked at the snoring coming out of some of the women! Thank god I didn't have to stay any longer.

Can't wait to see the final three June (now July!) babies :)

Oh gosh, I don't wanna annoy everyone, I'm snoring and gassy as hell now (sorry girls) Is there anything I can do about it, apart from staying up all night? :/
    Ah I can't wait to show her off, so damn exciting. Himself is running around the house packing his bag! bless haha

• Advertisement

Who's the other July baby? Myself, Jenni and..?

Who's the other July baby? Myself, Jenni and..?

Couchkitten :)

That's it! Sorry, couchy, hope you're on your way too! Are you being induced?

Haven't heard from couchkitten in ages. Maybe somethings happened :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Jennii. wrote: »
    Haven't heard from couchkitten in ages. Maybe somethings happened :)

I must get the lowdown from you about how got on giving birth in Letterkenny GH (when it happens :). I'm due to give birth there. My baby is due in 3 weeks :D. How is everything with you? x

I will post everything ! :) Being induced though, so hope u won't need to wait that long! Everything's good, just absolutely no budging from this little one, she's very stubborn haha. Going in now in about 20 minutes, so nervous... I don't know what to expect at all :/ how are you feeling? :)
    x

I will post everything ! :) Being induced though, so hope u won't need to wait that long! Everything's good, just absolutely no budging from this little one, she's very stubborn haha. Going in now in about 20 minutes, so nervous... I don't know what to expect at all :/ how are you feeling? :)
    x

Aww good luck. You'll be absolutely fine, the midwives there are so good, you'll get amazing care. I'm good, just trying to get lots of rest at the minute. Don't have another appointment in Letterkenny until next week. Will be thinking of you and keep in touch if you need a distraction xxx

You'll be grand! Let us know how it goes if you can. Best of luck! xx

I must get the lowdown from you about how got on giving birth in Letterkenny GH (when it happens :). I'm due to give birth there. My baby is due in 3 weeks :D. How is everything with you? x

The men are allowed stay for active labour and birth, otherwise they make the fella's follow visiting hours (2:30-4, 6-8) which was my only major problem, he missed out on bits and he himself was very upset too. It's a shame they don't teach the men too, as my man wants to do everything and now I have to teach him, I know he wanted to feel more involved.

However nurses and doctors were very nice and I must say very helpful. I had no problems and as soon as you need them, they're there :)

The men are allowed stay for active labour and birth, otherwise they make the fella's follow visiting hours (2:30-4, 6-8) which was my only major problem, he missed out on bits and he himself was very upset too. It's a shame they don't teach the men too, as my man wants to do everything and now I have to teach him, I know he wanted to feel more involved.

However nurses and doctors were very nice and I must say very helpful. I had no problems and as soon as you need them, they're there :)

It's great to hear from you ;). How are you and baba? What did you end up having?

• Advertisement

It's great to hear from you ;). How are you and baba? What did you end up having?

Thank you :) We are very good, she's doing so well. Slept loads yesterday and last night, so I caught up a little on the 3 nights sleep I lost in hospital. We were allowed go home yesterday morning, which was early, but because she's feeding so well already they saw no reason to keep us :) Delighted! I had a baby girl, named her Isabelle Rose Scott :) She's just perfect.

Do u know what you're having? Not long left :) What date you due?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Thank you :) We are very good, she's doing so well. Slept loads yesterday and last night, so I caught up a little on the 3 nights sleep I lost in hospital. We were allowed go home yesterday morning, which was early, but because she's feeding so well already they saw no reason to keep us :) Delighted! I had a baby girl, named her Isabelle Rose Scott :) She's just perfect. Thanks

Do u know what you're having? Not long left :) What date you due?

Great name :) congratulations xx

June babies are all here. Yay!

Here's the final update :)

Blueskye: Twin boys born 14th May
    Krankykitty: baby girl born 22nd May
    Sunshiner: baby girl born 28th May
    Proulx:baby boy born 2nd June
    Lainycool: baby boy born 9th June
    MommaFitz: baby girl born 16th June
    MurdyWurdy: baby boy born 17th June
    aknitter: baby boy born 20th June
    DoubleB: baby girl born 21st June
    Lynda18: baby girl born 21st June
    Highly111: baby girl born 27th June
    Jennii: baby girl born 4th July
    Couchkitten: baby girl born 6th July
    Paperclipgrad:baby girl born 6th July

Couchkitten/Paperclipgrad - hope that is right. I wasn't sure if your little ones were born on the 5th or 6th July.

So final tally is 6 boys and 9 girls! (I think that's right :))

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

whahoooooooooo congrats everybody. Sooooooooo glad we all have our babies here safe and sound. Fantastic. Go us!!! Thanks Murdy for that. xxxx

Wouldn't it have been great if we'd been able to travel forward in time and see that list 2 months ago? It would have saved us all a lot of uncertainty if we'd known what day we would all give birth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Its mad to think looking back now what we've all been through over the past 10 months or so...

Its mad to think looking back now what we've all been through over the past 10 months or so...

I know, it's mad. Sometimes I look at my little man and can't believe we made him!

I feel the same about Isabelle, she's just perfect <3 PHN came today. She was so nice and very professional, but her suggestions have left me a little upset that I don't know as much as I think I do. I felt like I was doing a good job and now I feel a little worried about everything...

Isabelle seems happy with everything and doesn't cry much..

I was told not to use the cot, to use a moses basket, but we simply can't afford it and no one around has one... and also to use ventilated blankets? I've never even heard of them... I feel like I've been doing everything wrong, but it felt right, now I'm all upset and confused.

Also, does anyone else feel sort of off with their partner? I feel like he's ready to jump down my throat about everything and anything, and it's really upsetting me. I've cried twice during a feed cause of things he's said.. :(

I feel the same about Isabelle, she's just perfect <3 PHN came today. She was so nice and very professional, but her suggestions have left me a little upset that I don't know as much as I think I do. I felt like I was doing a good job and now I feel a little worried about everything...

Isabelle seems happy with everything and doesn't cry much..

I was told not to use the cot, to use a moses basket, but we simply can't afford it and no one around has one... and also to use ventilated blankets? I've never even heard of them... I feel like I've been doing everything wrong, but it felt right, now I'm all upset and confused.

Also, does anyone else feel sort of off with their partner? I feel like he's ready to jump down my throat about everything and anything, and it's really upsetting me. I've cried twice during a feed cause of things he's said.. :(

Aww congrats on your little girl. Don't worry I'm sure you're doing a fantastic job but it must be so overwhelming initially when there's so much to remember and learn and you just want to do your best for your little angel. Everyone has a different way of doing things, nothing is right or wrong and you just have to go with your own instincts. I'm sure you're very tired too which exasperates everything. Chin up I'm sure you're a great mother x

• Advertisement

Thank You, it's just tough, and I didn't realise till now. Her cord fell off today too, she's only 4 days old, but nurse said it was okay! just to keep it clean.. hope she'll stay okay!

Advertisement