Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Was at dr today- I'm 40+2 now it seems! They asked me if I wanted to be induced and I said I'd rather avoid it. They gave me a sweep and an appointment to get induced next Thursday if baba hasn't come by then. They said if I'm having a lot of trouble/pain with the BH etc then I could ask for an earlier induction. My thinking is I'll wait a couple of days to see if the sweep has any effect and if it doesn't I'll ask for an induction.....

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

fingers crossed it works for you paperclip :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Hope it all works out for you Paperclip :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Really hope the sweep works! At least the end is in sight, even if it means induction. You never know what might happen anyway. .

Woke up far too early this morning as my stomach was really hurting! I took some paracetamol and it seemed to help a bit so I'm off back to bed now before husband notices my side of the bed is cold...

Hope this doesn't last much longer!! At least everyone says the baby is worth it in the end. :)

I want to see MOAR baby pics!! Come on, people!

• Advertisement

We've only 3 more days (inc. today) to have June babies... I thought I'd definitely have her by now..

Jennii. wrote: »
    We've only 3 more days (inc. today) to have June babies... I thought I'd definitely have her by now..

Can't believe June went so quickly! I had a feeling we might have a baby it two in July but I fully thought my little man would be one of them :) hope you're all not too uncomfortable anyway. You're almost there!

Lost my whole mucus plug this morning! There was way more than I'd expected and it was all odd and jellylike, nothing like what I've had before! My mother's labours always began with the show and then a baby the next day...so hopefully we're having our babs today or tomorrow!

We're having a Hobbit party this afternoon with 6 people over so that should make time pass a bit more quickly! I've been having period-type cramping contractions all morning and sore back so at least things are moving along. They're not regular though and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much....

Will keep ye posted! Kisses to everyone and their babies, hoping I'll join your ranks before too long. :)

Lost my whole mucus plug this morning! There was way more than I'd expected and it was all odd and jellylike, nothing like what I've had before! My mother's labours always began with the show and then a baby the next day...so hopefully we're having our babs today or tomorrow!

We're having a Hobbit party this afternoon with 6 people over so that should make time pass a bit more quickly! I've been having period-type cramping contractions all morning and sore back so at least things are moving along. They're not regular though and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much....

Will keep ye posted! Kisses to everyone and their babies, hoping I'll join your ranks before too long. :)

Ooh, best of luck and fingers crossed! The mucous plug is gross, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Goodluck paperclip I have everything crossed for you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Good Luck paperclip!

Best of Luck paperclip :) I hope this will all be done soon for you :)!!

Thanks Murdy! Hopefully mine will pop along soon, I really don't want to be induced :(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Good luck paperclip :-)

Don't worry jenni it won't be much longer hopefully B-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Wonder what's happening with Paperclip and Jennii!! Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Thinking of Jenni and Paperclip hope we have more good news soon. I just realised I never lost my mucus plug??? Weird huh!!! I posted a ques in FB page re feeds if anyone has time to answer. How much and often are yee feeding and what weight is ur babs?? Hope everyone enjoying their Sunday. We are now managing 3 hrs a night a little over an hr between each feed, wind, pump rigmarole! We always leave her for an hour in half in evenings with mine or hubbies sister to get done rest too. How many hours sleep are yee surviving on? X

Wonder what's happening with Paperclip and Jennii!! Good luck :)

Still absolutely nothing with me :( Doubting that she'll arrive without being induced... so she'll be here wednesday anyway. I'm scared though, which is ridiculous, because I have nothing to be scared of, I just wish it could have happened naturally, feel like I failed.. Cried for ages over it yesterday, damn hormones, it's not like I'll care about having been induced when she's here.

Anyway hope we're all doing well! I hope Paperclip had her baby.!

Also, am I the last one, or is there anyone else here waiting on a now July baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

I felt the same about being induced Jennii, I was 12 days over and feeling totally miserable. You won't even think about once the bubs arrives safely.
    You could still go before Wednesday but even if you don't at least the end is in sight.
    Best of luck, whatever way it starts.

Being induced doesn't mean you failed! Sure, if we were living years ago with less medical care there would be no induction - all babies come naturally in the end :) I'm sure it must be stressful for you though. You never know what will happen as well!

True, thanks guys. Ah I know I'm being silly, just stressful times I guess! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

I was induced on 3 of mine it will be fine as long as baby comes out safely in the end that is the main thing

That's very true. As long as she's happy and healthy, how can I complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

And you happy and healthy too Jennii! :)

Sadly nothing happening here! We went around a castle yesterday, I hoped the walking and the spiral staircase climbing might have spurred things on, but nothing...

I've been having braxton hicks (some quite painful) almost constantly the last few days, but none of them feel like proper labour contractions or anything, more's the pity!

We're having a chilled out day at home here, kinda nice. I'm just not thinking about baby at all anymore- it'll come when it's good and ready! I had a lovely warm bath this morning, making the most of my last few child free days!

Hope everything's going ok for you, Jenni and Proulx!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

My little man came out few weeks early at start of June. Cannot believe he will be a month tomorrow. Veil oped pre eclampsia, which lead to severe eclampsia into a fit/seizure so was induced, after a debate about c section. Very scary situation.had written a post about it then deleted as thought prob not right to share scare stories

Thanks paperclip :) I'm going in tomorrow at two, and have to stay the night, being induced at 7 am wednesday. Scary haha, tonight's my last night at home without a baby :) Can't believe the end is in sight. I'm still hoping she'll come tonight, avoid this induction, but what can you do :)

I hope things get a kick start soon paperclip, but at least you know it's almost the end :)

proulx wrote: »
    My little man came out few weeks early at start of June. Cannot believe he will be a month tomorrow. Veil oped pre eclampsia, which lead to severe eclampsia into a fit/seizure so was induced, after a debate about c section. Very scary situation.had written a post about it then deleted as thought prob not right to share scare stories

Sounds really scary! I'm glad to hear you and baby are ok. That's the main thing :)

Can't believe baby is still making you wait paperclipgrad! My mucous plug went 4 days before going into labour, maybe you'll be the same?!

Jennii - enjoy your last baby free evening at home. Sleep as much as you can! I'm like a zombie today. My little one is feeding constantly, was up a lot lady night and been feeding him all day as well!

Thanks Murdy, I'll try pamper myself loads tonight! :) I definitely won't sleep tomorrow. I was thinking of taking my laptop in tomorrow with me, so I can watch stuff tomorrow night, what do yous think?

That sounds good, Jennii, I was going to do the same thing actually...I'll bring a few fun dvds, should be good for all the waiting if the induction doesn't take hold right away. Monty Python!

• Advertisement

Yeah cause if I have to be all alone tomorrow night before induction, I don't want to be bored.. I'll probably bring a book too. Would bring my ipod, but I put it in the washing machine last week, conveniently hahaha. A few fun dvd's sounds great, nothing too serious. I'm way too excited now! Do u know if you're going to be induced soon Paper, or are you still waiting?

Advertisement