Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Aww you poor thing. :( so lovely you're having a wee girl though :) I'm going Letterkenny, they're very laid back up there. At every appointment you almost feel rushed out ha.. :/ least she's looking well though :) is Holles st in dublin?

I really hope you girls get everything going soon, it's so frustrating and head wrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

yep - holles st is in Dubin - but I've found that they are very by-the-book and don't like intervening unless absolutely necessary - which I can understand - but it's still frustrating ;-) !!! All these male doctors - no idea what it's like!!! ;-)

Yeah sure women would sympathise a lot more, I'd be inducing at 39 weeks :P haha, and we're trying everything, raspberry leaf, dates, pineapple, walking, bouncing, sex, pumping, curries... haha. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

One of my friends said she had only pains before giving birth, never lost the plug, or had a show or anything, so fingers crossed, we might just be rarities haha

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hey hope everyone well. Ella is going great she is really good and very alert.
    WAs a very stressful labour and was so scared loosing her
    Healing well after c section but sore enough and dying get home. Can't mind sf enough in here need go home for spoiling.'my partner is so. Besotted

Papergillard really hope happens soon

I was in labour while night before induction and all of it was in my back and so sore but expected contractions to go to front but they didnt really

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    Healing well after c section but sore enough and dying get home. Can't mind sf enough in here need go home for spoiling.'my partner is so. Besotted

I was in labour while night before induction and all of it was in my back and so sore but expected contractions to go to front but they didnt really

Oh you had c section in the end? Your labour sounds like mine!

Just make sure to take your painkillers even when you feel fine as I didn't and then pain came back with a vengeance!

Did you end up on the oxytocin drip?
    Is Ella feeding well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

lynda18 wrote: »

Interesting that your contractions were all in the back. Mine started in the front and I'd think it was done and then the back would start up. The back was more painful so that must have been hard on you being overnight on the ward in pain.

Sounds like you had a hard time but at least Ella is here safe and well - that's the main thing. Hope you're recovery is swift! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

sounds tough Lynda - I know it's a cliché but at least she's here now. I really hope that you're starting to feel a lot better.

I was back in hospital this morning - they told me they'd sweep next Monday if no movement before then. I'll be 10 days over by then. however, the doc was quite optimistic that things were starting to move as I was up - again - with diarrhoea last night and again this morning. Doc said it's a great sign as it's the same hormone which starts labour which triggers diarrhoea (lovely!) I said that I've been having diarrhoea for weeks now so I wasn't that confident - but they said that there's far more chance of it not being coincidence now as I've got to be closer to delivering. She reckoned I'd have the baby in 2-3 days. Anyway, I think they're always optimistic - they face the possibility of a punch if they told women that they were still a few weeks off at 40+3 so I think they tell us what we want to hear to a certain extent too!!

fingers crossed they're right this time. About to put my little man down for a nap and i'm going back to bed for an hour too now. so tiring being up in the middle of the night and then trying to get through the day with the other smallies.....!

highly1111 wrote: »
    sounds tough Lynda - I know it's a cliché but at least she's here now. I really hope that you're starting to feel a lot better.

I was back in hospital this morning - they told me they'd sweep next Monday if no movement before then. I'll be 10 days over by then. however, the doc was quite optimistic that things were starting to move as I was up - again - with diarrhoea last night and again this morning. Doc said it's a great sign as it's the same hormone which starts labour which triggers diarrhoea (lovely!) I said that I've been having diarrhoea for weeks now so I wasn't that confident - but they said that there's far more chance of it not being coincidence now as I've got to be closer to delivering. She reckoned I'd have the baby in 2-3 days. Anyway, I think they're always optimistic - they face the possibility of a punch if they told women that they were still a few weeks off at 40+3 so I think they tell us what we want to hear to a certain extent too!!

fingers crossed they're right this time. About to put my little man down for a nap and i'm going back to bed for an hour too now. so tiring being up in the middle of the night and then trying to get through the day with the other smallies.....!

Hope the nap helped! Fingers crossed the diarrhoea is a sign - I did have it but about 5 days before I went into labour, so not sure if it was related or not. Really hope your little one does arrive in 2 - 3 days - 6 days overdue wouldn't be too bad. Hopefully we will have some more baby news soon. MOAR BABIES!!

PHN came out to see my little man today, he's doing well - he's almost his birth weight so had hardly lost anything (she said they can lose up to 10% of their body weight in the first few days). He was well behaved enough except when she weighed him he weed all over her - it went on for ever. How embarassing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Lol at baby peeing, mine pooed but last laugh was on phn as she had put my good cot sheet on her scales!

Lol at baby peeing, mine pooed but last laugh was on phn as she had put my good cot sheet on her scales!

Lol! Luckily we just had a muslin cloth on it so it was ok to catch the pee in. Poo would have been so much worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

My phn asks for kitchen towels before she weighs herself.
    I bet they're used to accidents happening

Paperclipgrad and Jennii have gone quiet. - could we have some news soon?!!

Sorry Murdy, no news from me yet :( few aches last few days, but nothing set :( I have another appointment today, 40+2 so maybe an internal today? Might have something positive to tell yous later.. not holding my breath for labour any time soon, the disappointment sucks. need things to fill out my day. Will maybe visit my boyfriends brother while in letterkenny and we're also thinking bout going to the cinema. :) Today will at least be busy, tomorrow's going to be a pain ha.

How's the wee man? The babies are all so beautiful, yous must be completely in love!!

Paperclip? Any news? Hope things are going well.
    x

Jennii. wrote: »
    Sorry Murdy, no news from me yet :( few aches last few days, but nothing set :( I have another appointment today, 40+2 so maybe an internal today? Might have something positive to tell yous later.. not holding my breath for labour any time soon, the disappointment sucks. need things to fill out my day. Will maybe visit my boyfriends brother while in letterkenny and we're also thinking bout going to the cinema. :) Today will at least be busy, tomorrow's going to be a pain ha.

How's the wee man? The babies are all so beautiful, yous must be completely in love!!

Paperclip? Any news? Hope things are going well.
    x

The cinema sounds like a great idea - do it while you still can! My little man is doing really well, he's just so lovely :) had me a lot during the night to feed/ change but that's par for the course. Sure, something could happen anytime and you might get a big surprise! Fingers crossed they tell you you're favourable at your appointment :)

Definitely fingers crossed :P
    Good to hear your little man is doing well, that's always the best you can ask for. do you lose a lot of sleep? or is it not as bad as people say? I suppose mostly depends on the baby aye?

Jennii. wrote: »
    Definitely fingers crossed :P
    Good to hear your little man is doing well, that's always the best you can ask for. do you lose a lot of sleep? or is it not as bad as people say? I suppose mostly depends on the baby aye?

I think it depends on the baby - for us it's not nearly as bad as people say as our man goes back asleep after feeds pretty quickly. That might change as he gets older and when hubby goes back to work though. We'll see - hubby is terrible at waking up during the night, he just can't rouse himself but I'm able to get up ok :)

Awww cute :D Haha. I hope mine works out like that! I'm sure he'll remain an angel for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Hey guys, no big changes here, had some painful/uncomfortable contractions last night but they went away.....ahhhhh..

Yesterday was my revised due date, tomorrow is my original due date so only one day to go before I'm officially overdue! Just as well really as we're still madly looking for a boy name that we both like!!

Maybe tomorrow so Paperclipgrad :) boys names are so difficult!! Mind you so are girls ha, we took forever to pick one and now we're pretty settled on Isabelle. I've been told though that you just know when you see them what to call them :D so I'll need to wait and see her haha, could even be a boy :O

If I had a boy I wanted to call him Jack, or Daniel, or maybe David? :P

My little man came on his original due date so maybe you'll be the same paperclipgrad! Fingers crossed. :)

Boys names are hard, we had a girls one picked out and then we found out it was a boy. It took us ages to agree on a short list of three names for him. Now, I can't imagine him being called anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

jenii love the name daniel :D

Daniel is one of the names we have shortlisted too! It's nice and classic but not overused. We also like John and Ruairí...

Daniel is one of the names we have shortlisted too! It's nice and classic but not overused. We also like John and Ruairí...

I like Daniel too - husband vetoed it though! (he was so fussy about names!). I also really liked Matthew.

The other two names we had on our shortlist that we didn't go with in the end were Jamie (but this caused a big would he officially be James debate) and Conor. Hubby also liked Cian.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dimpey

Does anybody know any dressmaker in the Dublin Area who would make up a lining/removable cover for a large Moses Basket. No frills or flounces just nice trimmings on the edges and perhaps a few pleats. Got one in the Blind Craft Centre Rathmines 35 years ago. They have since gone. Have the basket and in great condition. Seen lovely material in Hickeys that would suit the purpose.:)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I like Daniel too - husband vetoed it though! (he was so fussy about names!). I also really liked Matthew.

The other two names we had on our shortlist that we didn't go with in the end were Jamie (but this caused a big would he officially be James debate) and Conor. Hubby also liked Cian.

I liked Matthew and Conor too. We have 3 James in my family already so we wouldn't use that name! The problem with Matthew is the nickname (Matt) which is just like...mat.

Conor is too similar to his name (Conal), so that's out too!

I liked Matthew and Conor too. We have 3 James in my family already so we wouldn't use that name! The problem with Matthew is the nickname (Matt) which is just like...mat.

Conor is too similar to his name (Conal), so that's out too!

Yeah, Conor/Conal would be a weird combo! I think Matt is nice but it does sound a bit like a piece of furniture, yes :)

I like Marcus too but we have a close friend called that so I thought it would be weird. Trying to think of other ones I was coming up with. Hmm..... I think Cillian was on my list too

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Girls hope u all get movement soon. I no people say enjoy end of peace but its hard at end and fed up and hav to say its such a relief when get baby in arms so best is to come. No matter how sore and tired section Left me i am just so happy to hav Ella home and in arms.

Ella hasn't screamed house down for whole night except one in hospital either but all sleep is very broken but if just stay relaxed and share it a bit it's all ok. Mammies defo get stuck blunt night duty though.

TMI? But this is kinda weird...

Last night around 6am I went to the bathroom and thought I felt something slip out, so I had a look and there was this sort of black diamond-shaped thing there. It looked sort of flat (but I was really tired and it was still a bit dark) so I couldn't say for sure how thick it was. I can't think of what else it could be....but I've never heard of a mucus plug looking like that?

??????

I have an hosp appointment this morning so I can ask them there...

Very weird - did it look black as in dried out tissue (like a baby's cord) goes?

• Advertisement

That's strange Paperclip.. :/ I've never heard of that either but then, what do I know eh..

When you know, let us know... Hope things are getting on now, good luck at doc :)

Advertisement