Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother Nature at her best! ;)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I usually just call it my bleed or say 'I'm bleeding'. Love Shark Week tho- especially as we live near the sea and I often go swimming while I'm bleeding and wonder...

When we were given 'the talk' in primary school the nurse told us that it was 'the tears of a disappointed womb'. I couldn't figure out if it was a thinly veiled 'your body is conspiring to get you pregnant' talk or what but faintly inappropriate to say to a bunch of eleven year olds nonetheless.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    When we were given 'the talk' in primary school the nurse told us that it was 'the tears of a disappointed womb'. I couldn't figure out if it was a thinly veiled 'your body is conspiring to get you pregnant' talk or what but faintly inappropriate to say to a bunch of eleven year olds nonetheless.
    I just choked on my yoghurt reading that :D Definitely the funniest thing I’ve seen on boards today!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redappple

I call it my period. Sometimes if I need stronger painkillers for the cramps the chemist asks me what am I using it for, I always say "period pain" but I have noticed that some men (mainly younger and some older too) get very uncomfortable asking and keep apologising.

My Mam always referred to it (and still does even though me and my sis and well into our mid-late 20's!!) as 'Your Friend'. She said her mother called it that too.

A friend's boyfriend says "The pitch is flooded. No match tonight, it was called off" when she has her period!! He has a thick Kerry accent so it is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redappple

Sorry about double post, I forgot to mention:

My OH always knows when I'm about to have "shark week". I usually get very horny coming up to it. So last night I decided to leave on some underwear and snuggled up to himself wearing said underwear. He wasn't too interested (:confused:) which bothered me a little and then he said "You are obviously about to get your period".

I knew he was right when I got so offended by his rejection and the comment that I stormed out of bed, and very huffily and with a lot of tutting removed the underwear, threw it across the room, put on big fleecy head to toe pj's, jumped into bed and then the icing on the cake: slammed the light off. PMS is a b***h!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

My OH and I just call it the thing, I am only realising how funny that is now. Its like its a monster.
    I usually just called it tom, or period. my friends and I used to call it yokes when we were young :)
    It was the OH that christened it thing he was uncomfortable with the word period or bleeding (sometimes I say period to be mean I dont think it should be considered gross or anything)
    Ive never made love during it, but I would like to try I hear it is great, the OH just isnt into it though and that is fair enough :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement