Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

FearDark wrote: »
    You may be right, that scene was awful to watch and I felt that there wasn't a point to it...Just came out of nowhere and wasn't mentioned again, It's just what I've come to expect from the writers of the show though so I just left it. I think there has been a few of those type of scenes in this show so far and they don't work, I believe it's a nod to the scene in the movie where Margie meets the Asian guy (Mike Yanagita) in a very strange scene that seems to have very little to do with the story itself... It sort of comes from nowhere but it does set off something in Margie's head about how everybody lies which makes her go back and interview Jerry again at the car dealership. It's just a bit awkward...]

I feel the complete opposite about scenes like that, Often you can learn more about a character or a setting in scenes that have no relevance to the storyline. There is a scene in the Godfather where Micheal is shown o how to make spag bol its got nothing to with the story line but its an amazing scene.

I think that refugee scene is stand alone and will have nothing to do with the ending come to think if it was that scene not a year later?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I feel the complete opposite about scenes like that, Often you can learn more about a character or a setting in scenes that have no relevance to the storyline. There is a scene in the Godfather where Micheal is shown o how to make spag bol its got nothing to with the story line but its an amazing scene.

I think that refugee scene is stand alone and will have nothing to do with the ending come to think if it was that scene not a year later?

Absolutely understand what you're saying and yes when it works it's great, I just felt that the refugee scene was a bit forced and awkward but we will see where it goes, it must have some relevance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im gone off it big time, i mean he kills 23 people in Fargo, which would be one of the biggest shotting in u.s history and yet no roadblocks no picture of his mugshot on t.v, when she rings up the FBI about info they tell her there busy:rolleyes:
    There taking the piss big time, im out.

Absolutely understand what you're saying and yes when it works it's great, I just felt that the refugee scene was a bit forced and awkward but we will see where it goes, it must have some relevance.

I think it does work. Why must it have some relevance?,,, I reckon it was just to show us that behind the moronic blinkers that the Chief wears is a really nice guy that scene sort of redeemed him in my eyes.

I think it does work. Why must it have some relevance?,,, I reckon it was just to show us that behind the moronic blinkers that the Chief wears is a really nice guy that scene sort of redeemed him in my eyes.

There was never a doubt in my mind that he wasn't a nice guy...

• Advertisement

There was never a doubt in my mind that he wasn't a nice guy...

And what drew you to such a confident conclusion?

Im gone off it big time, i mean he kills 23 people in Fargo, which would be one of the biggest shotting in u.s history and yet no roadblocks no picture of his mugshot on t.v, when she rings up the FBI about info they tell her there busy:rolleyes:

Its really riddled with holes... I'm only watching because there's nothing else on that night.

And what drew you to such a confident conclusion?

Watching the show.

Honestly what made you think he wasn't a nice guy??

How do you know there was no road blocks? The picture was not very clear, The FBI are embarrassed about the whole thing the last thing they want is some yokal cop coming in digging it up again. Add to this the fact the victims are known criminals its easy to see why the would jus brush the whole thing under the carpet.

Watching the show.

Honestly what made you think he wasn't a nice guy??

Nothing but this just showed that he's a really really sound man entirely.

• Advertisement

Its really riddled with holes... I'm only watching because there's nothing else on that night.

Care to give a few examples if these holes? just curious :-)

Care to give a few examples if these holes? just curious :-)

Watch the show.

Watch the show.

That's a cop out, But fair enough we obviously we have contrasting opinions on the show. I will agree that its not up there with the likes of the soprano's and bb but its very original and definitely one of the most entertaining show on at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That's a cop out, But fair enough we obviously we have contrasting opinions on the show. I will agree that its not up there with the likes of the soprano's and bb but its very original and definitely one of the most entertaining show on at the mo.

I'm a big fan of the show but one 'hole' I think exists is the 'death by suicide' of the fitness guy and how that was never linked to the other murders in the town. Once the smoke cleared and a forensic examination of the scene was done, it would have been obvious that he was tied to the machine and (something he couldn't have done himself). And this is a small town and probably doesn't have many murders or much violence but in a time when there is a sudden upsurge in violent activity, this isn't linked to the rest of it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I just thought it was to show the stupidity of the chief!

I'm a big fan of the show but one 'hole' I think exists is the 'death by suicide' of the fitness guy and how that was never linked to the other murders in the town. Once the smoke cleared and a forensic examination of the scene was done, it would have been obvious that he was tied to the machine and (something he couldn't have done himself). And this is a small town and probably doesn't have many murders or much violence but in a time when there is a sudden upsurge in violent activity, this isn't linked to the rest of it?

Was it ever said that the police came to the conclusion it was a suicide? It was strange that they wouldn't but them together but it was in Duluth which is prob allot bigger and not in Molly's district.

this is more of a "go with it" type of show than a bulletproof-plot type of show - if you worry too much about the plot you'll just ruin it for yourself. the entertainment is to be had in the craziness of it all...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 save_me_some

went to the bathroom last night and when i came back , molly was pregnant and appeared to be married - living with gus

did a ( five years later ) sign pop up on screen ?

went to the bathroom last night and when i came back , molly was pregnant and appeared to be married - living with gus

did a ( five years later ) sign pop up on screen ?

I was sort of looking forward to seeing how it all developed but suddenly...

"One year later"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 save_me_some

"One year later"

oh ok , a lot happened in a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Really enjoying this show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It wasn't a huge hole but it made me laugh (in a bad way) that Gus's daughter seemed barely familiar with the events of the previous year and then a minute later we see Molly's giant murder collage on her bedroom wall. Like the kid has never seen that and examined it in great, freaked out, detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

How many episodes are going to be in the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Grimebox wrote: »
    How many episodes are going to be in the season?
    ten

"One year later"

Ya its a real shame we didn't get to see Gus and Molly's awkward love making :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

That was a Walter White move at the end by Lester. The showdown for Malvo v molly next week is going to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Next week is going to be epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yup, Lester has become the lowest scumbag in the show. At least Malvo is straight down the road honestly evil. I loved the scene where Mollys father clocked him as bad news. I think Malvo knew he was dealing with an equal there. I assume he'll polish off Lester next week (probably gruesomely, he won't have respected the "sending in the girlfriend" routine).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Very good episode! Is next week the last week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Despise Lester, so well played Martin Freeman. Hope Malvo can finish him off next week!

Advertisement