Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Episode 8 was dreadful, not because it had plot holes or silly scenes, because it genuinely bored the crap out of me. There were so many awful, prolonged scenes.

That said, episode 9 was very good and leaves me hope that the finale will be good too.

I think it would've worked better if it was shorter though, 8, maybe even 6 episodes. There was a bit too much filler in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

I love this show so much- it's like really good Coens fan fiction. I love catching all the nods. When I saw Lester buy the ticket to Acapulco this week I was wondering if he might end in a similar place to Barton Fink... and then I saw that the last episode is called Morton's Fork. But who knows- I'll have to try and avoid spoilering myself before Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

So psyched for tonight, anyone gonna watch live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Raf32 wrote: »

Would like to but its a bit too late for me... Gonna stick it out till 2moro evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Raf32 wrote: »

Im thinking about it ;) Would be the first "watch live" finale Ive done since Breaking Bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

WHAT? This airs in the US way before it's on Channel 4? Christ, I never knew that and always waited on the Channel 4 episode. Bloody hell.

I'd imagine I'll watch it live. Vomiting bug means I'm going to be getting very little sleep, if any, tonight. 3am start GMT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Paully D wrote: »
    WHAT? This airs in the US way before it's on Channel 4?

Doesn't everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Doesn't everything

tumblr_n72pez8q0v1r9d3blo2_500.gif

Doesn't everything

Yeah, true. I don't know why I didn't think this would be any different. :)

tumblr_n72pez8q0v1r9d3blo2_500.gif

"Then later tonight Im gonna stick my whole thumb up your ass"

Who was the actress who played her? She was a cracker ;)

• Advertisement

Found her

Helena Mattsson

full-helena-mattsson-hot-285366092.jpg

Is it over at 3am or 4am our times lads?

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Is it over at 3am or 4am our times lads?

think it starts at 3 and finishes at 4 but not 100% on that

What an epic finale! Really loved this show,best new one in a really long time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Good ending with plenty of room for a second season. I'm beginning to think season 2 might be set in 1979 and centre around Molly's dad. It was hinted at all the way through this season.

Anyhows :
    I feared the show was jumping the shark when Malvo sprang back to life after taking three rounds. An "I am Satan and you are but a postman" ending was not what the show needed. Luckily enough, BBT upped and died. Malvo, you will be missed. Say hello to Gus half-a-head in hell for me.
    And Lester, you died as stupidly as you lived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Definitely the best episode of the season by far. It actually made sence.

Not a bad finale. I just wish
    Lester had been put in jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Was it mentioned at all how/why Gus became a postman?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Grimebox wrote: »

Wasn't it down to him shooting Molly that time in the fog, he got fired and then had to find a new job.

Wasn't it down to him shooting Molly that time in the fog, he got fired and then had to find a new job.

That;s what I assumed. Just wondering if it was spelled out that way

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what Lester was
    trying to get out of the dead wifes pocket when he went over to her as she lay dead on the floor?

Was annoyed when Gus decided to
    go into Malvo's cabin, I was thinking why don't you just go call the cops and let them deal with it and I thought he was a certainty to die, delighted I was wrong about that,
    it was great.

Overall the series was grand, a LOT of it annoyed me but I stuck with it so it must have been ok.

Solidly entertaining, would recommend

FearDark wrote: »
    trying to get out of the dead wifes pocket when he went over to her as she lay dead on the floor?

I'd like to know this too. It looked like he attached their keys together previously?

I'd like to know this too. It looked like he attached their keys together previously?

Also, can we now say that
    the whole black immigrant scene with the chief was a load of bollicks now? Went absolutely nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

FearDark wrote: »
    If I'm remembering correctly, he had a flashback and realised that he'd put the printouts of the plane tickets into his jacket pocket, the jacket he gave to her before she went into the office and got shot.

If I'm remembering correctly, he had a flashback and realised that he'd put the printouts of the plane tickets into his jacket pocket, the jacket he gave to her before she went into the office and got shot.

Ah very good, that must be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Good interview with the creator of the show here where wraps up a few questions. There are spoilers in it so make sure you've watched the last episode before clicking.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/18/fargo-creator-noah-hawley-season-finale/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ew%2Fhollywoodinsider+(Entertainment+Weekly%2FEW.com's%3A+Hollywood+Insider)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

He was telling Molly when they first met that he originally wanted to be a postmen, ended up a cop by accident. He was out of school/unemployed and his friend told them they were recruiting/interviewing for police force, ended up getting the job and never pursued they postmen dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly II

Lots of different bits that just went nowhere. The whole side show with the supermarket owner was plain poor, the rich wife, the Vegas detour, the fargo syndicate, the plane tickets meant nothing, nothing went anywhere. The whole thing played out completely reliant on coincidences, and while that's necessary to a certain degree in stories it's no substitute for actually having a plot.

Without such a strong cast, especially Thornton, I think it would have been a lot worse. It was more of a showcase than a show. I don't know that I'd watch a second season, tepid is a word I'd use having finished the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

This is the best TV I have seen since breaking bad that final episode really topped it off. I was surprised how much I was rooting for the good guys, Molly especially has a certain charm that you just can't dislike.

Advertisement