Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

camz09 wrote: »
    Oh, and Louie. Have a go :)
    I like Louie , but some of the episodes are really depressing stuff. Im onto season 3 now and it seems so far to of dropped the depressing stuff and is going for lighter humor which works better overall .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

One thing that I find strange or maybe will be cleared up later is the 'death by suicide' of the original blackmailer a couple of episodes back. Surely when the cops saw the body tied to the exercise machine the would have seen that he couldn't have tied his both his legs and arms to the machine and that someone else would have had to have done it?

Malvo placed a floodlight behind the original blackmailer to blind the cops to his predicament when they entered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Malvo placed a floodlight behind the original blackmailer to blind the cops to his predicament when they entered.

I was talking about after they killed him and would have been examining the scene. Surely then they would have seen at that point that it wasn't death by suicide. Maybe Molly will latch onto this in a letter episode as maybe she'll se another murder happening in a small town that suddenly has murders happening all over the place isn't a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It wouldn't be unheard of for the cops to cover up the fact that they murdered a defenceless man. No medals here, lads. Bin the duct tape and carry on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Malvo expects the cops to conclude that the personal trainer with the shot gun taped to his hands is a victim, in a setup designed purely to distract the police while Malvo collected the ransom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

This thread has gone very quiet. has everyone quit watching? :p

Anyway, decent episode on Sunday. Looking forward to the next one.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

el diablo wrote: »
    This thread has gone very quiet. has everyone quit watching? :p

Anyway, decent episode on Sunday. Looking forward to the next one.
    most are watching it on the wednesday before channel 4 shows it, so you should avoid the thread tomorrow i'd imagine. :)

bluefinger wrote: »
    most are watching it on the wednesday before channel 4 shows it, so you should avoid the thread tomorrow i'd imagine. :)

this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Great episode Sunday, especially loved the shootout scene with the camera just moving up the outside of the building.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

1 year later

Hmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Very poor episode I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

loved it tbh

those sort of time transitioning devices in series are never going to go down too well. bit too convenient for Lester. 2 episodes to go - I wonder how it will play out - I assume that BBT and Lester will not end happily. not the best episode so far imo.

can anyone tell me what they have "this is a true story" thing at the start. I think that it was in the movie but it just seems silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

glasso wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what they have "this is a true story" thing at the start. I think that it was in the movie but it just seems silly.
    Yeah it's at the start of the film, not sure why they're putting it at the start of every episode though - or maybe that's just the reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The Master wrote: »
    1 year later

Hmmm....

Loved it tbh, it really gave a somewhat pedestrian episode a kick. The latter third was great.

Are any of these characters returning next year or is it a completely fresh set every season alas True Detective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Great show, really moving in new directions now, it will be interesting to see what happens in the last 2 episodes.

AFAIK BBT and Martin Freeman won't be back if they make a new season...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Will Lester be brave enough to kill Malvo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

glasso wrote: »

There was an urban legend that a woman from Japan had died of hypothermia on the side of a road in Minnesota. Apparently she had made her way there looking for the suitcase full of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Will Lester be brave enough to kill Malvo?

Why would he ?

If it weren't for him he'd be in jail now ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

the_monkey wrote: »
    Why would he ?

Malvo has proof that Lester killed his wife, that's obviously going to come up at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm thinking Lester's new found ego will undo him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

the_monkey wrote: »
    Why would he ?

he's now a threat perhaps. Lester's got something to lose and Malvo is the only link to the house massacre/hess etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Lester ratted Malvo to the FARGO IIRC
    The deaf guy maybe working for Malvo now and knows that or maybe Malvo already knows that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

Was there flat screen tvs out in 96?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

You guys seem very unexcited about Key and Peele now featuring in this

thesultan wrote: »
    Was there flat screen tvs out in 96?

It's set in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Love at the end of the last episode there how Molly was a pregnant cop and her husband was a postman, big nod to their film where Marge was a pregnant cop and her husband was trying to paint a picture for a stamp. Also like many others looking forward to the Deaf Hitmans part to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

I think the awkwardly introduced refugee is the key to some new evidence. He stole daily from phoenix farms in Fargo where Malvo was working for/scamming Oliver Platt's character.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    I think the awkwardly introduced refugee is the key to some new evidence. He stole daily from phoenix farms in Fargo where Malvo was working for/scamming Oliver Platt's character.

You may be right, that scene was awful to watch and I felt that there wasn't a point to it...Just came out of nowhere and wasn't mentioned again, It's just what I've come to expect from the writers of the show though so I just left it. I think there has been a few of those type of scenes in this show so far and they don't work, I believe it's a nod to the scene in the movie where Margie meets the Asian guy (Mike Yanagita) in a very strange scene that seems to have very little to do with the story itself... It sort of comes from nowhere but it does set off something in Margie's head about how everybody lies which makes her go back and interview Jerry again at the car dealership. It's just a bit awkward...

Scene

Advertisement