Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Shane St. wrote: »
    Very good episode! Is next week the last week?
    Yup over next Tuesday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Apparently the soundtrack will be available on amazon from July 1st. The score stands out above all else, which is really saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The deaf guy will have a big role to play I'd imagine, and anyway you look at it Lester is not getting away alive/free after this. I reckon they'll have to stumble on to the recordings Malvo has and then they'll have their proof. Can't wait for next week!

When Lester was sitting in the car at the end - having sent yer one into the office with his sh1tty old coat on with the hood up- the sound of the freight train clumping over the old tracks - must be a deliberate throwback to the sound of the clapped-out washing machine in the first episode.
    Lester and Malvo have to go in the last episode I suppose. Postman Pat to can Malvo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That's two shows now that Martin Freeman has appeared in where that 'man with fox etc....' puzzle has been in although it was fox/chicken/grain in the Office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

cprPQ8D.jpg

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Good spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Was annoyed when Malvo just killed the three in the elevator, I mean for such a patient hitman he takes crazy risks sometimes, also that story was very interesting going undercover as a dentist for 6 months just to find a guy in the witness protection programme, would have liked to see that go a bit further. Over all enjoyed the episode with the high point being the FBI guys backing up Molly's evidence and then her feeling embarrassed for the chief after they leave, that was done brilliantly.

Something tells me lester will slime his way out of the terrible scenario hes got himself in, but may get his commepence in another way.

Gutted its nearly over.

cprPQ8D.jpg

:eek:

Great spot but silly Lester! How much more dodgy does it look now ha, told not to leave town, wife murdered and now a transaction for just one ticket! Lester is either getting murdered or going to jail, I reckon its the latter.
    My guess will be the deaf guy and Post Man Hanks will help stop Malvo, he will die and they will find his recordings so Lester will be arrested.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Great spot but silly Lester! How much more dodgy does it look now ha, told not to leave town, wife murdered and now a transaction for just one ticket! Lester is either getting murdered or going to jail, I reckon its the latter.
    My guess will be the deaf guy and Post Man Hanks will help stop Malvo, he will die and they will find his recordings so Lester will be arrested.

Logically Lester should have been killed or but behind bars a long time ago, This show doesn't really do logic tho.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

So Malvo shoots three people in an elevator because Lester says he recognizes him, I'm sure he could have played it off a little better... he had been working for 6 months on the guy to get to his brother and he just decides then and there it's over... jesus christ that's some very poor writing.

FearDark wrote: »
    So Malvo shoots three people in an elevator because Lester says he recognizes him, I'm sure he could have played it off a little better... he had been working for 6 months on the guy to get to his brother and he just decides then and there it's over... jesus christ that's some very poor writing.

I dunno, I wouldn't really call it poor writing tbh, we have already been shown Malvo is a very reckless character that takes unnecessary risks and seems to thrive off them, he killed Sam Hess for no reason other than Lester didn't tell him not to, even though it put his current job and his life in danger. From what we've seen of Malvo killing those three people seems well within his character. He seems to enjoy the carnage of it all. Plus I reckon he could tell Lester was changed and could pose a bit of a problem with him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Yup, Lester has become the lowest scumbag in the show. At least Malvo is straight down the road honestly evil. I loved the scene where Mollys father clocked him as bad news. I think Malvo knew he was dealing with an equal there. I assume he'll polish off Lester next week (probably gruesomely, he won't have respected the "sending in the girlfriend" routine).

Great scene!!!!

Great episode, great show.

Can't wait till next week.

Btw, did Malvo get that money that the Greek lad left back in the snow ??

And I'm still hoping for a cameo by William H Macy next week - as some homeless dude just out of Prison :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

To the people saying Malvo isn't entirely realistic - he did say he hadn't had a pie that good since the Garden of Eden. There is something a little diabolic about him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Felt so sorry for lesters wife:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Superb stuff. Lester is truly gone Heisenberg and Im actually rooting for Malvo now.

This has been the best new show of 2014. Yes, even better than True Detective

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Adamocovic wrote: »

Yeah but he printed 2 tickets, that was part one and the second ticket was on the next page, you can only print out 1 ticket at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Superb stuff. Lester is truly gone Heisenberg and Im actually rooting for Malvo now.

This has been the best new show of 2014. Yes, even better than True Detective

Its good, but there are far too many holes in Fargo that I happily dismiss for it be a top notch show.

I've stuck with it even though it infuriates me with its many holes and relying on coincidence to mostly tell its story instead of being clever...but as much as I dislike it I dislike Lester more so it's doing something right!...
    The scene where he sent his wife into his shop to get the passports and moneym telling her to put the hood up on the coat was truly despicable!! Best scene of the whole series. Now Lester is every bit as despicable as Malvo, I hope the two of em get a bullet in the last episode!

FearDark wrote: »
    I've stuck with it even though it infuriates me with its many holes and relying on coincidence to mostly tell its story instead of being clever...but as much as I dislike it I dislike Lester more so it's doing something right!...
    The scene where he sent his wife into his shop to get the passports and moneym telling her to put the hood up on the coat was truly despicable!! Best scene of the whole series. Now Lester is every bit as despicable as Malvo, I hope the two of em get a bullet in the last episode!

Get a bullet? I suppose they could stand back to back :-)

I assume you download or stream it which is bizarre considering its a show that infuriates you. Just admit it you secretly love it.

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Great scene!!!!

Great episode, great show.

Can't wait till next week.

Btw, did Malvo get that money that the Greek lad left back in the snow ??

And I'm still hoping for a cameo by William H Macy next week - as some homeless dude just out of Prison :D

Nope its still in the snow waiting.

Get a bullet? I suppose they could stand back to back :-)

I assume you download or stream it which is bizarre considering its a show that infuriates you. Just admit it you secretly love it.

A bullet each!

Maybe you're right, I do download it every week... God damnit.

To the people saying Malvo isn't entirely realistic - he did say he hadn't had a pie that good since the Garden of Eden. There is something a little diabolic about him.

No that was harmless banter there is a similar cafe down the street called the Garden of Eden, Mollys dad doesn't care much for their pie:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

No that was harmless banter there is a similar cafe down the street called the Garden of Eden, Mollys dad doesn't care much for their pie:-)

I prefer the idea that Malvo is the devil incarnate. Although lets face it....Old Nick would find a more amusing plaything than Lester. And She'd:rolleyes: do better weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The tension between Malvo and Molly's Dad (Lou) in his cafe was truly remarkable. Among the best Ive seen on TV.

Ive been trying to place from which show I know Lou (Keith Carradine) from. He played Frank Lundy in Dexter.

A very good actor

dexter22.jpg

The tension between Malvo and Molly's Dad (Lou) in his cafe was truly remarkable. Among the best Ive seen on TV.

Ive been trying to place from which show I know Lou (Keith Carradine) from. He played Frank Lundy in Dexter.

A very good actor

dexter22.jpg

Oh come on, how didn't you recognize Lundy straight away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

The two FBI guys where sitting outside looking right in their car the whole time LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

I can't believe the complaints about realism. This is not The Wire. It's a very dry comedy, not a straight drama, and everything is just slightly off from reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I thought this show had slacked off a bit in episodes #7 and #8, but this weeks episode brought it back up a lot for me.

I really hope Malvo gets Lester!

Advertisement