Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

This post has been deleted.

If it's going to be done with the same style and pace as season 1 I wouldn't really be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Thought Lesters second wife was gas. Sorry she didnt get more screen time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

the_monkey wrote: »
    I was thinking the same, I don't know if he should have been jailed, but he shot an unarmed man lying on a couch with a broken leg ?

There's no way he would have been awarded for bravery !! - unless they planted a gun on Malvo ...

Also , Lester should have gone to Jail, and maybe a quick cameo by William H Macy :D

They didn't need to plant a gun on Malvo, he had plenty. One beside him.

A broken leg isn't going to stop someone shooting you. Gus could easily claim self defence. The idea that any jury would convict, or an prosecutor prosecute the killing of a man with tens of murders to his name,who was armed to the teeth is just silly talk.

As for the coincidence of a mail man who drives around a lot discovering a hideout...

Some people just like to complain.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thought this series as a whole was excellent, easily for me among the very best new shows of the year (and yes, I've seen "True Detective"). Excellent production values, some very good acting and a nice streak of dark humour.

I can understand about people not needing a second season though as it stands pretty complete on its own. Unlike other shows employing a "single-story-per-seasons" format like "American Horror Story" or "True Detective", this show is much more limited in how it can re-invent itself so I'd be wary

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I just caught up on the final episode over the weekend, and loved pretty-much the whole series. Very Twin Peaksy feel to it, with it's own unique look and the surreal environment and strange characters.

You might be able to help me on one plot point - what was the office that Malvo went into with the automatic rifle and massacred a number of staff, with the FBI guys waiting outside drinking coffee. I missed the point of that incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,961 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

RainyDay wrote: »
    I just caught up on the final episode over the weekend, and loved pretty-much the whole series. Very Twin Peaksy feel to it, with it's own unique look and the surreal environment and strange characters.

You might be able to help me on one plot point - what was the office that Malvo went into with the automatic rifle and massacred a number of staff, with the FBI guys waiting outside drinking coffee. I missed the point of that incident.

from what i remember, this was the offices of the 'Fargo' gang who had sent the deaf guy and his friend after Malvo. He got the info while sticking the knife into the deaf guys friend.

the FBI were watching the crime gang , whom h killed, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

2smiggy wrote: »
    from what i remember, this was the offices of the 'Fargo' gang who had sent the deaf guy and his friend after Malvo. He got the info while sticking the knife into the deaf guys friend.

the FBI were watching the crime gang , whom h killed, I believe.

The Fargo syndicate sent the two hitmen to investigate who killed hess (haulage bully guy), and when they found out, they were going to kill him. It's been a while, but i think it was lester who mentioned malvo's name to the hitmen out on the frozen lake?
    In any case, the two hitmen then went after malvo. Malvo found out that it was the Fargo syndicate who sent the two hitmen (he found this out from his own handler), and then he went to Fargo to kill them all.
    The two dumb feds missed it all, and were demoted to the filing department.

Thanks guys - seems mad that the crime syndicate has their own office building, but there ya go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Thanks guys - seems mad that the crime syndicate has their own office building, but there ya go!
    LBSC.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

but i think it was lester who mentioned malvo's name to the hitmen out on the frozen lake?

They got it out of Lester when he was in the prison cell, his hand was infected and they squeezed it until he told them.
    They got put in the cell after faking a fight in a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Organized crime often operates a mix of businesses, some of which are mostly legitimate, as cover for their illicit activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Very interesting. Has any other drama show replaced the entire cast for its second season? I remember Skins doing something similar but that was for the third season and a couple of the cast were retained.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Came across this tribute to my favourite tv character of 2014 :D

Raf32 wrote: »
    Came across this tribute to my favourite tv character of 2014 :D

Lovely, but the captioners need to learn the difference between hole and whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ElNino wrote:
    Very interesting. Has any other drama show replaced the entire cast for its second season? I remember Skins doing something similar but that was for the third season and a couple of the cast were retained.

true detective

Kristen Dunst and Jesse Plemons join for Season 2 Source

Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson and Jean Smart will star in the second series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Some interesting names there Liz.. Should be good.. Here's hoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nick Offerman is also going to be in season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Good show, for me not as good as TD, but the 10 or less episode miniseries of TD, Fargo, BBC Sherlock and Band of Brothers has become my favorite type of media.

I know a lot of people are complaining about story-line, and I think that was probably the weakest part of the show. The advantage of a miniseries is it allows you to tell something with "novel" levels of story detail, and perhaps this relied a little too much on coincidence. But I think that was part of the idea, I think the characters are meant to be a little "slow", in that negative Minesota stereotype, so unless you have enough coincidence the case never get's resolved. Anyway, while some of the coincidence seem unlikely, BBT's character had done this 100s of times in different towns, this show is about his death and how it eventually happens.

The strongest part of the show was individual scenes, particular the acting from BBT. Moments like the moment in the lift or in Lou's were just masterful, really enjoyed it. In some ways I was annoyed because in that exchange between Lou and BBT, you could tell he had actually met his equal. Everyone else he had duped or exploited at some point. That face to face conversation was the only time we saw him actually lose.

I think it ads weight to the notion that Series 2 will be about Lou in 1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nzinga

Loved Fargo and even though I am a Woody H fan, I could'nt get into TD. Looking forward to Fargo's second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Any news on when season 2 is starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Fall 2015.

Bruce Campbell in to play a
    pre POTUS Ronald Reagan

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

It's been a long wait.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Is season 2 going to be on some of the Netflix regions week to week? I think i saw it somewhere but could've also been dreaming.

Advertisement