Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent Wrestling *Possible Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Nakamura vs Strong? Be still my beating heart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The line up for last year's CHIKARA King of Trios tournament last year was the biggest pile of ****e and cheap as chips. But this year:

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/596707111490420736

Fenix, Drago and Aerostar from AAA and Lucha Underground!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The two teams announced is better than the sum of the whole of last years tournament.

The two teams announced is better than the sum of the whole of last years tournament.

I might have said in the past on here but **** it it has been a year. CHIKARA had The Hardy Boyz & Lita booked for last year but things fell apart at the last moment. There's other similar stories like that apparently. The back up to their back ups fell apart too.

AIW booked a crazy inter-promotional match for their version of Wrestlemania.

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/608055200381870081
    https://twitter.com/GregoryIron/status/608094087250468864

• Advertisement

HYPED

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Great video, I imagine Lethal gets the win at BITW.

This is news devasted me during the PPV his career was just starting.

One half of the Monster Mafia, "The Walking Weapon", Josh Alexander, has unfortunately been forced to retire at 27 due to fusion neck surgery.

https://twitter.com/Walking_Weapon/status/610220152701894656

As a singles wrestler AAW in Chicago and AIW in Cleveland only recently made him their Champion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

That's an awful shame, I haven't seen a lot of him tbh but I remember his match with Elgin and Monster Mafia's with reDRagon being very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Anybody gonna watch Best in the World live? Im awake now so I figure I may as well watch it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is that on right now? I'm watching Bellator here. I only just remembered that it was on tonight.

The CHAOS/Bullet Club match on this weeks ROH TV is great fun. Styles and The Bucks are one of the best acts in wrestling.

PWG have announced the full field for this years Battle of Los Angeles and it's a doozie:

Will Ospreay
    Marty Scrull
    Timothy Thatcher
    Mike Bailey
    Chris Hero
    Biff Busick
    Mark Andrews
    Brian Cage
    Ricochet
    Tommy End
    Trevor Lee
    Pentagón Jr.
    Drew Gulak
    Angélico
    Trent?
    Andrew Everett
    Fénix
    Rich Swann
    Jack Evans
    Drago
    Matt Sydal
    Aero Star
    Zack Sabre, Jr.
    Drew Galloway

Last year's line up was insane and baffling budget wise but they beat it this year. Just wow.

Literally any and every combination of those guys would be a match worth watching. It's insane.

Literally any and every combination of those guys would be a match worth watching. It's insane.

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Pentagon Jr. is a must.

Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

It's gonna be hard to avoid spoilers about what exactly went down at pwg until I get the DVD but I'm gonna try my best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »

Where he belongs.

He phoned it in in the last while with TNA and he still kicked ass.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He phoned it in in the last while with TNA and he still kicked ass.

Do you think so? I was honestly surprised with just how hard he was working despite knowing he was on his way out the door. Impact over the last few months would've been a much worse place without him.

Do you think so? I was honestly surprised with just how hard he was working despite knowing he was on his way out the door. Impact over the last few months would've been a much worse place without him.

Poor choice of words on my part when saying he phones it in, I just mean't that even though he's been one of the brightest aspects of TNA in recent times, I feel he will care more being back in ROH (which has been great in recent months) and as a result his work will be on another level.

Holy ****

CJTzlYCWoAAgxJX.jpg

Might be just a photoshop.

Is that going to be televised or recorded? Surely they have had high profile matches in the past.

Back with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Nothing about that match mentioned on either the ROH website or their Twitter. Seems dubious

robvondoom wrote: »
    Nothing about that match mentioned on either the ROH website or their Twitter. Seems dubious

90% sure it is fake. Alas.

:(

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

That was the quickest I have ever gone from pure excitment to heartbreak

Advertisement