Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent Wrestling *Possible Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

10 year Generation Next nostalgia makes me feel really old:

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/562295390972567553

generationNext.jpg

Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Alex Shelley and Roderick Strong.

CHIKARA is going to run an 18 rounds/90 matches CHALLENGE OF THE IMMORTALS tournament. Even at my peak level of interest in the promotion I could never handle that investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I watch it occasionally so what I pick up, it'll be Ant vs Ant for a lot of the brackets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Just got done watching Black Cole Sun. What a show, every match was good.
    Did O'Reilly submit at the end though or did the ref stop it? It looked to me that he was out from the chair spot and Hero called it on commentary that he gave up. He definitely didn't tap as you can see both hands sort of under his body, so unless he verbally submitted Hero got the call wrong which is what I'm thinking. Did they ever clear it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

ROH are running their 13th anniversary PPV tomorrow night http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2015/mar/1/030115-13th-anniversary-las-vegas-nevada and it looks like a hell of a show on paper except the main which could be either a bit of a cluster or really good.
    ROH World Title Four Corner Survival Match
    Jay Briscoe (c) vs. Hanson vs. Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
    reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

ROH World Television Title Match
    Jay Lethal (w/Truth Martini) (c) vs. Alberto El Patron

Three Way Tag Team Match
    BULLET CLUB (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) vs. The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett) (w/Maria Kanellis)

Grudge Match
    BJ Whitmer (w/Adam Page & Jimmy Jacobs) vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match
    ACH vs. AJ Styles

Singles Match
    Cedric Alexander vs. Matt Sydal

Singles Match
    Maria Kanellis (w/Michael Bennett) vs. ODB (w/Mark Briscoe)

Singles Match
    Mark Briscoe vs. Moose (w/Stokely Hathaway & Veda Scott)

They've been on a roll the last few weeks the six man from the 14th February tv with The Bucks/AJ Styles vs ACH/Cedric Alexander/Matt Sydel was a crazy spotfest.

And i can't recommend this Atlanta VOD show they did last week enough everything on it was good to great especially Roddy Strong vs Kyle O'Reilly and The Briscoes vs The Kingdom http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2015/feb/22/022115-winter-warriors-tour-atlanta-georgia-vod well worth the 13 Euro i spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have no idea what people like so much about Hanson. Any time I've seen him, at best he got a meh from me. A future Joe vs Briscoe match could be great but that is about the extent of my interest in the main event.

Have a hard time seeing the tag title match being anything other than great. They've faced each other a few times and it's always delivered so I'm expecting more of the same here.

Not a huge fan of ACH, but Styles pretty much always delivers so hopefully he can keep it going. Kind of a waste having Styles so far down though. Likewise with Sydal.

Does anyone know if the UK Highspots store gets new release PWG dvds the same time as the PWG store? Was thinking of ordering From Outta Nowhere from it but not if there's a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Considering it was the 13th anniversary, it was an incredibly dull show. If they didn't have Joe, it would have hardly even felt like a PPV, let alone a big one. None of the matches were anything special. The tag title match could have been great, but it felt like they got two thirds of the way through the match and called it a day. It was perfectly set up for the Bucks to win then one big move and reDRagon retain. The boos for reDRagon I don't think were due to heel heat either.

The main event was pretty awful. Ciampa looked good for the most part but that's about it. Hanson has no business being that high up the card. The finish made the previously strong champion look like crap. Kinda the opposite of what you want if he is to face Joe any time soon. Nothing else really stood out. The Styles and Sydal matches were more about putting the younger guys over in defeat than putting on great matches.

I assume the only reason they didn't go Briscoe vs Styles as the main event is ROH don't want a title change, while NJPW don't want Styles losing. Not sure why they don't use Hero more often either. They need a couple of big names in the title scene with Cole out injured. Joe kinda just fell into their lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Yeah it's odd how they constantly bring up how he hasn't been pinned in two years and then do that.

The new PWG trailer is out. What's notable about this show there's a lot of fresh faces on the card:

Trevor Lee and "Speed Ball" Mike Bailey are two names worth making note of. Also this was Meltzer's first ever PWG show:

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/576596681501908992

Go to the 4min 20sec mark to see The Young Bucks hit the Meltzer Driver in front of Dave Meltzer himself.

• Advertisement

What's the story behind the Meltzer driver? Is it a tongue in cheek f u to Meltzer? Is he generally a fan of the flippy unnecessary stuff?

I'm sure I heard them talk about it in a podcast but it hasn't stuck in my head.

Jay Lethal vs. Jushin Liger for the World TV Title at Supercard of Honor. I remember Liger's match against Adam Cole was pretty good so hoping for the same here.

A graphic for all the live iPPVs Wrestlemania weekend presented by the WWN Live umbrella of companies:
    B_w0_iqUIAAWf_e.jpg

ROH is presenting a card on Friday however it won't be broadcast live but will be available the next day on Video On Demand:
    032715_SCOH9.jpg

Personally planning check the ROH show and everything from WWN except the King of Indies show (glorified local indie production) and the Kaiju Big Battle (don't even ask men fighting in cardboard box costumes).

They are 7 hours behind us. Man.

Another show calender with GMT times this time:

CAbPIW7UgAEStYX.png

An updated and even more exhausting schedule:
    CAyqnj3UsAEAU3B.jpg

There's also Wrestlemania Today live from WWE Axxess Thursday and Friday at 22:00 our time.

Dalton Castle is sensational

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/579686870268932097

Whooper sized gif but let it load:
    UnluckyFirstCatbird.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

His entrance alone is magnificent. Haven't laughed so hard since Bo was turfed out of the NXT arena. Then he hit a dead lift suplex. Best in the World!

The KRD stuff so far has been pretty lame.

Griever931 wrote: »
    The KRD stuff so far has been pretty lame.

Oh it is the worst as it has gone on too long now and it is ruining matches. Also ROH does this invading group storyline nearly every six months.

ROH Supercard of Honor is on (not live) tonight. It is Jimmy Jacob's last match and Lacey is actually in the State. She was at EVOLVE last night. Nope she is involved in the match it would be a story book ending.

The EVOLVE show this morning (!) was a bit of a disappointment. Just on the cusp of being good. Thought it was just me being cranky due to the show being so late. But even the Yanks are divided on it. There were a lot of matches that simply wouldn't end. The Rich Swann, Ricochet & Uhaa Nation vs Caleb Konley, Brian Cage & TJ Perkins was what I was looking forward too and it didn't come together. Gabe took a gamble with the main even of the former Drew McIntyre vs the former Justin Gabriel and they had a below Superstars level main event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Perfect. I'm a huge mark for Jimmy, (I was stupidly nervous interviewing him for the podcast!) he is one of my favourite guys to ever enter the ring. Really wish this was live as I'm dying to see everything that went down

Strange that they are waiting so long to put it up. Why have they had such a bad record with their ippvs in the past? Do other companies have problems or are ROH just cheap with who they get to do them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

rovert wrote: »

Mercury Rising for me can't wait for Thatcher/Hero and the Gen Next reunion pretty pissed off that last nights Evolve 40 show VOD isn't going up till tomorrow.

Tale of two shows. One effectively showcasing new talent and the other a bunch crap poorly executed distraction/roll up finishes. Enjoyable though.

Nicole Savoy was a complete and utter revelation. Never seen her before:
    https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/581899779766153216

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/581916397791547392

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/581914873724084224

Full DDT4 lineup:

Team Tremendous (Dan Barry and Bill Carr)
    Fourth Gunn (Drew Gulak and Biff Busick)
    Beaver Boys (John Silver and Alex Reynolds)
    World's Cutest Tag Team (Candice LeRae and Joey Ryan)
    Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet and Rich Swann)
    Monster Mafia (Josh Alexander and Ethan Page)
    Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett
    Love Gun (Matt Sydal and Chris Sabin)

Also
    Speedball vs Gargano
    Cage vs Hero vs Roddy

I assume Monster Mafia wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Excited about the War of the Worlds cards and the first Global Wars match made me say 'holy ****' out loud.

CDMmRJzWMAANAaA.jpg:large

Full line up for the SICK ROH/NJPW tour:

War of the Worlds 2015 Night 1 - May 12, 2015

Gedo vs. Delirious

Jay Lethal vs. Takaaki Watanabe

Kushida vs. Roderick Strong

The Addiction vs. Young Bucks vs. Matt Taven & Michael Bennett

Michael Elgin vs. Tetsuya Naito

reDRagon vs. Jushin Liger & Hiroshi Tanahashi

Adam Cole vs. AJ Styles

Briscoe Bros. vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazuchika Okada

War of the Worlds 2015 Night 2 - May 13, 2015

Appearance by Moose

Adam Page vs. Takaaki Watanabe

Kushida vs. Michael Elgin

The Addiction vs. Gedo & Kazuchika Okada

Tetsuya Naito vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Roderick Strong

Jay Lethal vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Jushin Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

ROH Title Match
    Jay Briscoe vs. Bobby Fish

Young Bucks & AJ Styles vs. Matt Taven, Adam Cole, & Michael Bennett

Global Wars 2015 Night 1 - May 15, 2015 - iPPV

Gedo & Moose vs. Silas Young & Takaaki Watanabe

Chris Sabin vs. Kushida

Matt Taven & Michael Bennett vs. Matt Sydal & Jushin Liger

The Addiction vs. reDRagon vs. Roppongi Vice vs. Adam Page & BJ Whitmer

Cedric Alexander vs. Kazuchika Okada

Michael Elgin vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

ACH vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

TV Title Match
    Jay Lethal vs. Tetsuya Naito

Briscoe Bros., War Machine, & Roderick Strong vs. Young Bucks, AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, & Karl Anderson

Global Wars 2015 Night 2 - May 16, 2015 - TV Taping

Kushida vs. WIll Ferrera

Gedo vs. Michael Elgin

Jushin Liger vs. Dalton Castle

Matt Taven & Michael Bennett vs. Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson

ACH & Matt Sydal vs. Tetsuya Naito & Hiroshi Tanahashi

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong

Young Bucks & AJ Styles vs. Roppongi Vice & Kazuchika Okada

Also signed:
    Briscoe Bros.
    The Addiction
    Jay Lethal
    reDRagon
    Moose
    War Machine
    Takaaki Watanabe
    Silas Young
    Cedric Alexander
    Adam Page
    BJ Whitmer
    Donovan Dijak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Liger vs Dalton is one of those matches that i never knew i wanted to see till someone booked it. Incredible.

Advertisement