Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Seriously, dude, if you don't know, don't answer!

It's NOT Chris Eubank.
    It IS Mike Tyson.

Who DOES have a lisp.
    Or at least a speech impediment that is somewhat lisp-like!!

He had already corrected himself on this part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Wilberto wrote: »
    He had already corrected himself on this part though.

Agreed, but in correcting himself on one error, he made another!

So, in short, he didn’t know, and would have been better not to have commented at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

And a Merry Christmas to you too!

(Seriously, the internet would be a better place if a simple error wasn't pounced upon like an utter See You Next Tuesday... Try it some time)

cdeb wrote: »
    And a Merry Christmas to you too!

(Seriously, the internet would be a better place if a simple error wasn't pounced upon like an utter See You Next Tuesday... Try it some time)

And it would be even better again if people who don't know stuff would stop acting like they're some kind of expert!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

And it would be even better again if people who don't know stuff would stop acting like they're some kind of expert!

It’s a comment about a joke that was posted. Hardly worth the attitude

• Advertisement

wally79 wrote: »
    It’s a comment about a joke that was posted. Hardly worth the attitude

My first post on the matter was just giving the guy some advice.

I don't think I had much of a bad attitude up to the point where I was called a C*U*N*T.

But I don't think it's unreasonable for my attitude to have changed afterwards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Your first post on the matter actually pointed out stuff which was already in my post.

It - and your subsequent posts - were overly aggressive to the extent of justifying my criticism of them, as others have agreed.

Anyways, on that note, I'm ou. Until locum makes a mistake on the internet, which I'm sure never happens. Well, except the bit in your post where you suggest I'm putting myself across as an expert, which I never did. Just, you know, giving you advice there. You seem to be putting yourself across as an expert in knowing when people are experts...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bootup is scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Bootup is scum.

The Granny knitting a noose 'joke'? Absolutely dreadful. And before any tries to label me a snowflake over this, if that joke was her knitting a noose for her black neighbour, it would be deemed unbelievably racist and rightfully so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

The Granny knitting a noose 'joke'? Absolutely dreadful. And before any tries to label me a snowflake over this, if that joke was her knitting a noose for her black neighbour, it would be deemed unbelievably racist and rightfully so.
    No. The butt of the joke is the old person and her outdated views, it doesn't advocate doing what's in the joke. If you really need to read some sort of -ism into it ageism is probably as close as you could get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Evade wrote: »
    No. The butt of the joke is the old person and her outdated views, it doesn't advocate doing what's in the joke. If you really need to read some sort of -ism into it ageism is probably as close as you could get.

If it's from Bootup, given his post history, the butt of the joke for him is the trans brother not the old woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

If it's from Bootup, given his post history, the butt of the joke for him is the trans brother not the old woman.
    That may be Bootup's intention, I don't know, but it isn't the joke's.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Eh?
    He's started telling dad jokes..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

He's started telling dad jokes..

Wouldn't have got that in a month of Sundays.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I still don't get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

She suspected she was pregnant when he told a dad joke, because, you know, dad's tell those bad jokes! So she took a pregnancy test.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm actually delighted with myself that I didn't get that now. :) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's not a vegan post. Just go with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm actually delighted with myself that I didn't get that now. :) :pac:
    Are you not a Dad? :P

astrofluff wrote: »
    She suspected she was pregnant when he told a dad joke, because, you know, dad's tell those bad jokes! So she took a pregnancy test.

Nope, still don't get it. Don't worry trying to explain it to me, we'll all survive to 2019 if I never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Nope, still don't get it. Don't worry trying to explain it to me, we'll all survive to 2019 if I never know.

I think its ,
    It was such a dad joke that he knocked her up without even touching her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I still don't get it??

No need for dad jokes for you then :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Has this this thread gone dyslexic.............should it be bad jokes.............

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

stock> wrote: »
    Has this this thread gone dyslexic.............should it be bad jokes.............

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dad%20Jokes

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Clareman wrote: »
    Maybe it's all the wine I've had but I found them funny!

Maybe it's all the wine I've had but I found them funny!

It can't be the wine cos I'm indulging as well and I couldn't work them out at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It can't be the wine cos I'm indulging as well and I couldn't work them out at all.

Pleased to meet you indulging as well, I'm Suckit.
    :):pac:

I'm gone...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement