Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

New Home wrote: »
    It's in cool pictures, isn't it?
    That particular Elvis picture looks like it was one of the last pictures of him alive, he doesn't look well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

So? Even if it was taken the day before he died I don't see it as cool.

True, not a cool picture, sad perhaps.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But... Elvis is the epitome of coolness!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭wally79

That’s allowed. Cool, like humour, is subjective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

wally79 wrote: »
    Glo o o o o o o o o o ria

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

But... Elvis is the epitome of coolness!!!

Is it his daughter in the pic with him?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was thinking that, but I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

“Take me to your stove”the alien landing pic??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Is it his daughter in the pic with him?

Seems to be, but a reverse image search brings up more sinister results. :eek :

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »

Reverse image search?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Reverse image search?
    Using an image to find the origins of that image or ones visually similar. It helps determine where the image first showed up online, higher quality versions of the image, and pages that use that image.

You can use Google Images to do a reverse image search, or other sites like TinEye.com, depending on how much detail you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Anyone got a link to the Elvis post or the reverse search of the picture.....................
    looked for it but didn't find it...............................................

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

stock> wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the Elvis post or the reverse search of the picture.....................
    looked for it but didn't find it...............................................

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108935860&postcount=2511

f9cf7868e341e52c1fd7cd8d3abc4a38.jpg

Some context:

"One night, a litte girl came up to the stage, and Elvis asked her if she wanted a scarf or a kiss. She said no. Elvis than asked, “What do you want?” The girl said: “James Burton.” Elvis started to laugh, and then walked her over to James, who gave her a kiss. After that, she asked Elvis for a scarf and a kiss.

Some context:

"One night, a litte girl came up to the stage, and Elvis asked her if she wanted a scarf or a kiss. She said no. Elvis than asked, “What do you want?” The girl said: “James Burton.” Elvis started to laugh, and then walked her over to James, who gave her a kiss. After that, she asked Elvis for a scarf and a kiss.

Ewwwwww

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ewwwwww

??? Huh?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

??? Huh?

Sarcasm, I think. In relation to this:

Suckit wrote: »

Where is the sinister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Where is the sinister?
    Aplogies, it wasn't directly in the reverse image search and was just something I glanced at the night before I posted. It was then in my head. I hadn't seen the comments here, so didn't reply.

A bit of an explanation as to why that was in my head/why I thought it was the reverse image search. I was using avira VPN, so not sure what country I was in (I think Germany).
    A reverse image search brought up a lot of pinterest results that started with
    "One night, a litte girl came up to the stage, and Elvis asked her if she.."
    So I searched that phrase at the time. Not the Image search.
    Which led to a few results that started like this

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-or-false-that-Elvis-Presley-had-inappropriate-relationships-with-underage-girls
    https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/3k8z39/elvis-was-the-king-of-treating-women-like-****-and-luring-14-year-olds-into-bed
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1261082/The-Kings-troubling-obsession-Elvis-woman-So-able-form-relationships-virginal-girls.html
    https://www.grunge.com/11639/dark-truth-behind-elvis/

Mod note: Apologies Suckit, my mistake entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭thesandeman

WTF has been going on since I went for a pint?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

a little help
    FB-IMG-1545846821442.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

a little help

The way they’ve loaded the planks on to the van/trailer, they won’t be able to turn any corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The convict one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Chrith Eubank with hith lithp

(Also, it's really worth saying which thread you're referring to! There's a few different ones)

Edit - actually, it's Mike Tyson. Who doesn't have a lisp.

Or dolanbaker may be right in referring to a completely different post.

The convict one?
    Monopoly, "get out of jail" card.

?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The way they’ve loaded the planks on to the van/trailer, they won’t be able to turn any corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

cdeb wrote: »
    Chrith Eubank with hith lithp

(Also, it's really worth saying which thread you're referring to! There's a few different ones)

Edit - actually, it's Mike Tyson. Who doesn't have a lisp.

Or dolanbaker may be right in referring to a completely different post.

Seriously, dude, if you don't know, don't answer!

It's NOT Chris Eubank.
    It IS Mike Tyson.
    Who DOES have a lisp.
    Or at least a speech impediment that is somewhat lisp-like!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement