Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

First time I've ever needed to reply! I don't care about the infraction I need to know! Did the mouse actually make it back to his family and have cake or is that just a story the dad was telling!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

6653_221d.gif

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy f***ing sh*t...

That's one incredibly lucky woman to come off the bike that way... Hope the driver had the book thrown at them!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

First time I've ever needed to reply! I don't care about the infraction I need to know! Did the mouse actually make it back to his family and have cake or is that just a story the dad was telling!

Of course it did!! And the bird of prey got a slice of cake to bring home, too. Anyone who says anything different will be permanently banned from CVPL.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Star Lord wrote: »

Holy f***ing sh*t...

That's one incredibly lucky woman to come off the bike that way... Hope the driver had the book thrown at them!

I was thinking the same!! If that's a pedestrian crossing she should have gotten off the bike and crossed on foot, but that driver didn't even attempt to slow down!! If the cyclist were a cat, she'd have lost 8 of her 9 lives just there.

Victor wrote: »

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, and we all know what's monkeys' stance on bananas...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Star Lord wrote: »

Holy f***ing sh*t...

Is it real? It looks like the woman disappears as soon as she hits the car and then a random pedestrian appears out of nowhere?

I didn't see her disappear, and to me she looks exactly the same, but someone else might disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Is it real? It looks like the woman disappears as soon as she hits the car and then a random pedestrian appears out of nowhere?

It looks like she kind of reacts at the last minute and puts her foot down as the bike takes the impact. She definitely didn't disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you watch it closely, she put her left foot down right before the car hits the bike, it whips the bike sideways, she bounces off the side of the car and the bike is essentially whipped out from under her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

The random pedestrian is the woman. The bike gets knocked from under her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you slow the gif down you can see she manages to get her left foot planted before the impact. Her right foot is on the pedal at the 12 o'clock position, which probably makes it easier for the bike to pivot away from her without knocking her over. 10/10 dismount.

O9pFmwM.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

How do you slow down a gif?

There are sites that will do it for you ... https://ezgif.com/speed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Obviously the car should have stopped for the pedestrian crossing, but I wonder does the fact she was cycling and not walking have an issue when it comes to assigning blame from an insurance POV?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dulpit wrote: »
    Obviously the car should have stopped for the pedestrian crossing, but I wonder does the fact she was cycling and not walking have an issue when it comes to assigning blame from an insurance POV?

Yes, lets try blame the cyclist. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

If you slow the gif down you can see she manages to get her left foot planted before the impact. Her right foot is on the pedal at the 12 o'clock position, which probably makes it easier for the bike to pivot away from her without knocking her over. 10/10 dismount.

O9pFmwM.gif
    Thanks a bunch :D

I watched it loads of times and it was too quick to make sense of it. I thought the "random pedestrian" was a man in a suit who appeared out of nowhere lol. Slowed down it is so much clearer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Am not convinced there arent traffic lights.

Stop lines on the road, some kind of pole on the left.
    One direction with traffic standing still, she might have taken her chance with crossing while a red light was on.

If that is the case... then yeah, my sympathy for her will be going down quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why was she using a pedestrian crossing if she is a cyclist?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why was she using a pedestrian crossing if she is a cyclist?

To get to the other side of the road ..

You might not like the idea of cyclists using it but normally it is a safer place to cross than trying to do so within traffic. Doesnt say where the image is filmed but it may not be illegal to use the footpath on a bicycle where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on the crossing. Many crossings permit both pedestrians and bikes.
    If it was Ireland, it would make very little difference from an insurance POV since driver made no attempt to stop. Even if there had been no accident and no bike, a car blasting through a zebra crossing would usually be grounds for a dangerous driving charge. Which would basically make you instantly at fault for insurance costs.
    inforfun wrote: »
    Am not convinced there arent traffic lights.
    It's a zebra crossing, so there are no lights. This is virtually universal worldwide. Light-controlled crossings don't have the stripes, because that would create lots of confusion and death.

• Advertisement

You should visit my city of birth, zebra crossings with traffic lights all over he place.
    https://gyazo.com/43453d89c699c09a3567d5c4bdc3cdd7

I know you said "virtually all over the world" but i think that is no exactly true.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's crazy.

seamus wrote: »
    That's crazy.

What is even crazier is that we actually stop as soon as a pedestrian puts his or her foot on the zebra when there are no lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Anyone else think the long exposure pic of the firework looks like sperm trying to impregnate an egg?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Road markings would suggest that there's a cycle lane as well as pedestrian crossing - parallel lines cross the road the far side of the "zebra" markings, but before the stop line for cars.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »
    Of course it did!! And the bird of prey got a slice of cake to bring home, too. Anyone who says anything different will be permanently banned from CVPL.

_81366899_woodpeckerweasel.jpg

story
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31711446

Yep. 'cause that's not disturbing AT ALL!! At this rate we'll have to create a new thread called Funny WTF/Nope CVPL.... ;)

...and they say that sports are good for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

97d.gif

• Advertisement

Scott Tenorman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement