Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't suppose anyone checked what it is?
    gufc21 wrote: »
    I did last year I think... at least I remember thinking about it. Not a clue now though!!

I didn't check, but someone posted this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93338519&postcount=4869

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Fair enough, but that's extremely cryptic.

It's not meant to be easy. One of the answers is prognostication!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Fair enough, but that's extremely cryptic.

Almost like a Cryptic Crossword.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I think the emphasis was on the word extremely, as opposed to cryptic.

What's ERA? Much debated political inits.

Is it just Era?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Bootup wrote: »
    u4NhB7hd.jpg

Where's the funny in this?

Edit: Never mind. I checked out lizclimo.tumblr.com and the whole site is just full of the worst jokes I've ever come across. Like, Xmas cracker jokes are comedy gold compared to them. Terrible. Just... inconceivably terrible. Reading through it actually caused me to feel physical pain as if my brain was trying to escape from my skull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The bear is a sexual deviant and gets off on putting presents in his bum.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's funny-cute, not funny-hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The bear is a sexual deviant and gets off on putting presents in his bum.

I think he is a sexual predator who's preferred vice is gift wrapped items. He also likes the missionary position.

?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The magic hat turns the snowman into a real person which sounds exciting for the couple of young fellows. However, as the snowman has no clothes, neither does the man he has turned into, hence traumatising the two boys instead.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    The magic hat turns the snowman into a real person which sounds exciting for the couple of young fellows. However, as the snowman has no clothes, neither does the man he has turned into, hence traumatising the two boys instead.

I cannot explain how I didn't understand that at first. I think my brain refused to process the first panel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I cannot explain how I didn't understand that at first. I think my brain refused to process the first panel.

It's Monday evening. Your brain was just resting after a hard day back at work after the weekend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Bootup is a bot - am 99% certain if it. Every single post for 2+ years is a drop in / cut and paste of a joke or funny gag.
    mike_ie wrote: »
    I'd imagine that he's cutting and pasting the images from one of those hosting sites that generate the vB code for you, and also include a URL, for example

[noparse]picXYZ.jpg[/noparse]

...he's remembering to trim the url from the beginning, but missing the closing /url at the end....

Seems like whoever is running Bootup has sorted out the coding issues - all the images now include a hyperlink if you click the image.
    Click on it and it brings to a site with some fairly hardcore images on the same page as the "funny"

racso1975 wrote: »
    daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-362.jpg?w=600&h=326

You mean 'One doesn't', don't you? :D

2RvVrif.jpg

My Buddha she's f***ing hot! :D:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Wilberto wrote: »

Also pay attention to the carrot...

331029.png

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93392323&postcount=4888

Never piss off a crane driver before you've unclipped it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

OK, the 3 year old birthday card one. Is the cut out on the back of the card supposed to resemble a dick or is there some actual funny going on that I've missed?

milltown wrote: »
    OK, the 3 year old birthday card one. Is the cut out on the back of the card supposed to resemble a dick or is there some actual funny going on that I've missed?

There's a disclaimer at the bottom of the card that says 'Not suitable for children under 5 due to small parts' - this, on a card for a 3 year old... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Small parts, heh!
    There's always a dick joke, even when there isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Good guess though. I was looking for a dick too as that is usually what the funny is when I don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

hefferboi wrote: »
    RhQFi0d
    Thats gas man.

Small parts, heh!
    There's always a dick joke, even when there isn't.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Good guess though. I was looking for a dick too as that is usually what the funny is when I don't get it

Freud and Rorschach would have a field day with you two... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭blackwhite

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93388149&postcount=4880

Whilst it's a great story (and POTD), it's a pity it just ain't true. Been doing the rounds for a few years now.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/photos/harrods.asp

Buzz_Killington.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

What's the funny with the bear and the promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

What's the funny with the bear and the promotion?

It's winter so he went into hibernation, and didn't wake up until Spring.

allym wrote: »
    It's winter so he went into hibernation, and didn't wake up until Spring.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Saw this
    10846009_810774935650622_212941255663665675_n.png?oh=710683d66ea5db991fb4ed02083b0756&oe=550AE51A&__gda__=1426097747_9db3f861d187d7f93b6eb05d68cce37a

Now can't get this song out of my head

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    If Jupiter was where the moon is...

if-jupiter-was-as-close-to-earth-as-the-moon.jpg

so we'd be orbiting Jupiter closer than Io ?
    The vertical differences in Io's tidal bulge, between the times Io is at periapsis and apoapsis in its orbit, could be as much as 100 m (330 ft). The friction or tidal dissipation produced in Io's interior due to this varying tidal pull, which, without the resonant orbit, would have gone into circularizing Io's orbit instead, creates significant tidal heating within Io's interior, melting a significant amount of Io's mantle and core. The amount of energy produced is up to 200 times greater than that produced solely from radioactive decay.[7] This heat is released in the form of volcanic activity, generating its observed high heat flow (global total: 0.6 to 1.6×1014 W)
    this 100m is how much the crust goes up and down. Our oceans would be a bit more fluid then bedrock.

scaling to earths gravity the sulphur volcanoes there would have plumes up to 60Km high and then there's the plasma and radiation and Jupiter's magnetic field.

Put it this way if earth was that close to Jupiter there wouldn't be peaceful blue skies.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement