Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Right hand side is that homeless guy that died last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

endacl wrote: »
    Multiple exposures of a day's takeoffs from a runway at Hanover airport. A flock of aircraft!

multiple-exposure-airplane-take-off-hannover-airport-ho-yeol-ryu.jpg

Fake pic I reckon. AirNZ do not fly regional planes to Hanover...

edit: confirmed http://twistedsifter.com/2012/02/picture-of-the-day-striking-multiple-exposure-shot-of-takeoffs-at-hannover-aiport/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

"Multiple exposure airport pic"
    Fake pic I reckon. AirNZ do not fly regional planes to hanover

I thought that too but based on the fact that not all the planes are aligned / parallel with the runway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

^^ NEEEEEEEERD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

watch?v=AopdLhCimPE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93392323&postcount=4888

Never piss off a crane driver before you've unclipped it! :pac:

Unclipped WHAT???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The container

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Unclipped WHAT???

Truck is still attached to the container, which is being lifted by the crane.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fake pic I reckon. AirNZ do not fly regional planes to Hanover...

edit: confirmed http://twistedsifter.com/2012/02/picture-of-the-day-striking-multiple-exposure-shot-of-takeoffs-at-hannover-aiport/
    The ATAT in New York one was faked too. I'm not sure, but the 'Jupiter in place of the moon' one might be fake as well. 'Cool' pics. Not 'real' pics!
    ^^ NEEEEEEEERD

Yeah. NEEEEEEEERD.

:pac:

• Advertisement

When you know it's fake, it's not really cool anymore

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'm not sure, but the 'Jupiter in place of the moon' one might be fake as well. 'Cool' pics. Not 'real' pics!
    Yes it's faked , look at the bands as that's the orbital plane.

If you were looking at Jupiter from the equator it would be a full circle.

To get Jupiter that high above the horizon you'd have to be up near the Arctic circle and the vegetation is wrong.

Also the picture is too bright there'd only be 4% of the sunlight we're used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Also, givin the mass of Jupiter compared to the moon, to maintain an orbit the two bodies would be whizzing around at such a speed that steady, unblurred photography would be a virtual impossibility.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

glynf wrote: »
    starwars.gif

ytQveL6.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just to be pedantic, that's NOT a hamster - a cute critter/rodent, but not a hamster. Also, I never realised that dashboards were equipped with hamster wheels and tunnels.

Also, givin the mass of Jupiter compared to the moon, to maintain an orbit the two bodies would be whizzing around at such a speed that steady, unblurred photography would be a virtual impossibility.
    Not so because Io's orbital period is1.7 days so plenty of time.

Also I've realised that a simple overexposure would solve the problem of less light at Jupiter's orbit. :o

And the shadows of the plants match the way Jupiter is lit up.

I'm beginning to have doubts now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Is there a flag fluttering?

ytQveL6.png

I literally thought that meant "No Tie-Fighters x5" until I was around 14. I thought it was graffiti. The "x5" made no sense to me though. It wasn't until I looked up and saw them everywhere until the penny dropped.

What the hell is it for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Synode wrote: »
    What the hell is it for?

HGVs and other large vehicles with 5 axles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

New Home wrote: »
    Just to be pedantic, that's NOT a hamster - a cute critter/rodent, but not a hamster. Also, I never realised that dashboards were equipped with hamster wheels and tunnels.

'Tis.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Allyall wrote: »

I stand corrected, if we're not talking about Syrian hamster. It's probably a Chinese hamster, so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Lt9lb3j.jpg

Is Filligree Siberian Hamster.

milltown wrote: »
    Lt9lb3j.jpg

Is Filligree Siberian Hamster.

OOOOH, I knnnnnooooowwwww... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am calling fake on the crashed tie fighter too. Notice the storm troopers rather than tie fighter pilots?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

10806204_10205067594906947_6030407333394076799_n.jpg?oh=3bbb9d209f00beb16a0229f0f264722c&oe=550C879A

What is the funny?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Formula 1 motor sport.

Red Bull racing HQ was broken into and recent trophies were stolen. They were found in a lake.

The picture is the Mclaren F1 teams HQ who have a large body of water built in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Still looks good though! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

LEIN wrote: »
    Formula 1 motor sport.

Red Bull racing HQ was broken into and recent trophies were stolen. They were found in a lake.

The picture is the Mclaren F1 teams HQ who have a large body of water built in.
    Wow.

Thats... erm... niche.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement