Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is he forgetting to open the tag or duplicating the closing tag? I'm starting to think he's a bot. It's every single post. It's also been drawn to attention a few times and he still hasn't replied

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'd imagine that he's cutting and pasting the images from one of those hosting sites that generate the vB code for you, and also include a URL, for example

[noparse]picXYZ.jpg[/noparse]

...he's remembering to trim the url from the beginning, but missing the closing /url at the end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Synode wrote: »
    I'm starting to think he's a bot. It's every single post. It's also been drawn to attention a few times and he still hasn't replied

A funnybot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Why is it wrecking everone's head?!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Why is it wrecking everone's head?!!:confused:

Sets off my ocd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Its the single most horrific thing to ever happen to boards.
    /URL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Bootup is a bot - am 99% certain if it. Every single post for 2+ years is a drop in / cut and paste of a joke or funny gag.

Yeh it has to be a bot. Is it against the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

That area would be Netherlands/Belgium and they are the most densely populated countries in Europe actually.

As mentioned earlier, I actually live here in the Netherlands and our motorways are not lit up like that. There's a noticable difference when you cross the border at night. If you'd carefully read my post I also linked to an article referencing the extremely wasteful and unnecessary amount of motorway lighting in Belgium (NOT the Netherlands) and I could add hundreds more if necessary.

• Advertisement

Maybe his name is Earl and is signing off, but trying to encrypt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

fr336 wrote: »
    B2F1GjmIEAE4xVQ.jpg:large

Hello my name is Buzz Killington.

I'm 99% sure that it's copies of Windows being sold for using with Bootcamp on Mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

It just happened. It has become aware.

It posted with no /url

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

smash wrote: »
    Photoshop competitions are dragging out these days...

They are done fortnightly or when one of us is free.

I will try get it done tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

No matter how hilarious, I point blank refuse to thank any of Bootups posts until that URL bollox is sorted!
    Not an issue for me.

There. I said it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

LEIN wrote: »

Jeeez sort yourself out man!!! :P

To be fair there haven't been a huge amount of suggestions recently either.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

LEIN wrote: »

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Jeeez sort yourself out man!!! :P

To be fair there haven't been a huge amount of suggestions recently either.

Done.

Serious lack of suitable suggestions though...

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Not an issue for me.

There. I said it.

The one with the granny on the winch was gas..

Ugh, this is so retarded. The only person who loses is the intern at the postal service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Excuse my ignorance, but what would the purpose of a bot posting funny (or not) things be?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ugh, this is so retarded. The only person who loses is the intern at the postal service.

I remember seeing before (probably on reddit) that there is a limit to the free postage on those things. If it's over a certain weight then it just gets discarded. This would just get thrown in the skip. Better to shove a page with the words "Fúck off" in it.

fr336 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but what would the purpose of a bot posting funny (or not) things be?

Could be used to get the image view numbers up for the sites the images are being pulled from

4TeB6K.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mods are just the same as any other poster outside of the forum they moderate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Synode wrote: »
    Could be used to get the image view numbers up for the sites the images are being pulled from

Ah righto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I always thought of the jack being the son of the King and Queen for some reason. So that YLYL pic was slightly disturbing...

Mods are just the same as any other poster outside of the forum they moderate :)

yeah, but you'd expect them, and regular posters of their vintage to be above that crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What's the deal with the "she said damn in front of Santa" pic? How is it in any way funny?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

smash wrote: »
    What's the deal with the "she said damn in front of Santa" pic? How is it in any way funny?
    I'm assuming that if santy's around then there are children nearby and so she swore in front of children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement