Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Not really sure on this one. Maybe because Fall looks like the word Fail which is an American pop phrase relating to something that is funny. Not sure what the 'Fail' is in this case though

Yeah I wondered if it was the 'fail' thing too but thought it was clutching at straws?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah I wondered if it was the 'fail' thing too but thought it was clutching at straws?

I think the "Fail" is that it says "Fail"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Tbh I didn't get any of the 3 pics :|

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92953505&postcount=5514

Now, what must I do before landing..........

Oh yes, open the parachute.

Almost too late :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

wexie wrote: »
    article-2541162-1ABCFF4200000578-11_634x838.jpg
    The poor spelling and grammar ruins the essay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Synode wrote: »

It appears in the photos that shook the world thread now, maybe it's been moved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

^^^
    Some might not be aware of what that is about. It's the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall. Lights have been placed along the path where the wall stood.

Related pic below shows Berlin with the different coloured street lights clearly showing old boundaries.
    kMyWdHc.jpg

I did a walking tour of Berlin a few years ago, the guide explained that East German houses used different light fittings (and bulb types) to that of West Germany and that (in addition to different street lamps) there was also a different ambient light in East Berlin than that of West Berlin from the houses, probably contributing to the different glow above. As newer houses / apartment complexes get built, they tend to use the western fittings, so probably over the next century or so, Berlin's glow might become more homogenous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Synode wrote: »
    just report if you think they are in the wrong thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What gives with the IMDB of the movie discussed above!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Armelodie wrote: »
    What gives with the IMDB of the movie discussed above!

I think it's to do with the fact that the movie was released 11 years ago, hence the pokemon creature, Slowpoke, so it was more just a comment on how old the initial picture was. At least I think that's who the pokemon is anyway. I know that there is a Slowpoke but have no idea what it looks like.

TBH, I'm almost embarrassed for knowing even that much (as little as it is) about pokemon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

nerd-homero-universitario.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Alzheimer's joke

There was an excellent film a few years ago in which John Simm played the part of the son of a man who suffered from Alzheimer's. His father got out of the house in the middle of winter wearing very little, and while John Simm was trying to coax him back inside, they came across a bunch of youths who started taking the piss out of the old man. So he said to them: 'Oh yes, very funny. Alzheimer's is a joke. Wait till you get it!'. Best line (and delivery) ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

New Home wrote: »
    There was an excellent film a few years ago in which John Simm played the part of the son of a man who suffered from Alzheimer's.

I remember that. It was a great drama. Crackin' line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Suffer from Vertigo?.....Stay clear of Machu Picchu then.

9n79.jpg

Shyte... Machu Picchu is on my bucket list but I've a crippling fear of heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Chucken wrote: »
    They sound great! Oh, they're not gluten free? I'll have to pass :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

GerB40 wrote: »
    Shyte... Machu Picchu is on my bucket list but I've a crippling fear of heights.

Don't worry about it. I've seen that photo before, and also another one beside it taken from a slightly different angle.

It's actually nowhere near as steep as that photo makes it look.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

327746.jpg
    :confused:

some kind of Audi drives are all dicks type message or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

(The north of Italy is also well lit up as are certain areas of England, but those are densely populated areas. All of Belgium is lit up, and it has significantlly less population density.)

That area would be Netherlands/Belgium and they are the most densely populated countries in Europe actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Don't worry about it. I've seen that photo before, and also another one beside it taken from a slightly different angle.

It's actually nowhere near as steep as that photo makes it look.

I've been and it's nothing like that in terms of steepness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Photoshop competitions are dragging out these days...

?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,243 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Luke "Ming" Flanagan is a former TD, now an EU minister. He is having a dig at RTE saying that they should thank the "suckers" who fund them, so RTE respond saying "same with you" as he is also paid by the tax payer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

It'sh a shpelling mistake I SHAY

Sean CONNERY wouldn't say say, he'd say shay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

No matter how hilarious, I point blank refuse to thank any of Bootups posts until that URL bollox is sorted!

I know, I know.. Cool story etc.. Well told etc..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

stock> wrote: »
    DEHYDRATED WATER

That post reminded me of a time in my old job when someone rang asking us could we fax them a blank page 'cause they had ran out of paper.... :pac:

We told them we would, but we also suggested they photocopied it to make sure they wouldn't run out again... We were a funny crowd... :D

No matter how hilarious, I point blank refuse to thank any of Bootups posts until that bollox is sorted!

I know, I know.. Cool story etc.. Well told etc..

At least they could change the font colour to white, so it'd be invisible to most...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

But is it Bootup making mistake or boards being stupid?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement