Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J4/J5 Season 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 centrevet

ColmH81 wrote: »
    You'd think the 13 lads who show up would want a game.. They should have gone along and played a friendly against you.. Would make more sense..

This option was offered but they couldn't be arsed even with us giving them players to make it 15 v 15

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ManoNumber14

Guess What - RCSI game off. I'm sure glad I didn't hold my breath for that one !!! Suppose I can just sit back and watch Wales V France and Itialy V Scotland instead. I'd have preferred a game of rugby though !

Guess What - RCSI game off. I'm sure glad I didn't hold my breath for that one !!! Suppose I can just sit back and watch Wales V France and Itialy V Scotland instead. I'd have preferred a game of rugby though !

They are a joke....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stek1980

Disaster! No rugby games for a long time now. Bloody rain!!!

Anyone know j4 teams looking for new players? What's d rules to transfer from 1 club to another?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

stek1980 wrote: »
    Disaster! No rugby games for a long time now. Bloody rain!!!

Anyone know j4 teams looking for new players? What's d rules to transfer from 1 club to another?

Plenty of forms to be filled out & the online transfer request to be completed, and you're tied to a club for the remainder of the season in the league and cups once you've played a competitive game for them.
    It's very rare for the Branch to allow a transfer during the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

I see RCSI and Swords have been effectively removed from the J4 section D league. All their results against the other teams are scrapped.

Looks like a help to Malahide who drew with Swords earlier in the season.

If anyone can engineer another defeat to Gorey it would be very much appreciated...

centrevet wrote: »
    If anyone can engineer another defeat to Gorey it would be very much appreciated...

It's tight at the top alright, have to say I'd hate to see Gorey win. I've nothing against them but from what I've seen of them their average (despite the league ranking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

Swords have not been removed, Alssa is closed so game is off

That's such a pity that they have pulled out, be interesting to see how the league will look then after this round of games at the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

That's such a pity that they have pulled out, be interesting to see how the league will look then after this round of games at the weekend!

They haven't pulled out there results against the other teams will no longer count and theirs and RCSI fixtures will be a lower priority to be completed . Basically the league is now meant to finish in the middle of March , originally it was the end of Feb or the start of March. Their is also a cup to be played. If the branch where to complete these fixtures the league would be still going in the middle of May

It'd be a bummer if fixtures just don't get completed. Swords would be different to RCSI in my view. And being very selfish about it, my only try of the season was against RCSI in the last match they played ! Will that get erased too !!

Anyway, does anyone know what the story is on the cup this year, when does that all get announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

Can anyone provide the sourse of this information?

Blair wrote: »
    Can anyone provide the sourse of this information?

It came from an email to the clubs, Leinsterdubs post sums it up

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭City boy turned country

Heroditas wrote: »
    Plenty of forms to be filled out & the online transfer request to be completed, and you're tied to a club for the remainder of the season in the league and cups once you've played a competitive game for them.
    It's very rare for the Branch to allow a transfer during the season.

Only one form to be completed. Has to be signed by Director of rugby of new and old club and then sent to the Leinster Branch.

Can be done anytime. However; if its being done at this time of the season and either team involved are competing for the league in their relevant section, the new team have to justify the reason for transfer.

I had to do one for my team last week.

I never heard about any email, the Leinster.ie table still has them in it. Swords actually played a good few matches more than RCSI, I would say you will see the effect of it when the leagues are being drawn up for NEXT season

I never heard about any email, the Leinster.ie table still has them in it. Swords actually played a good few matches more than RCSI, I would say you will see the effect of it when the leagues are being drawn up for NEXT season

Yeah I seen that on the league table and I know both teams still have matches to play so not sure how it's going to work. The email came out during the week about the rescheduled matches from last week and there was a note in it about RCSI & Swords.

Only one form to be completed. Has to be signed by Director of rugby of new and old club and then sent to the Leinster Branch.

Can be done anytime. However; if its being done at this time of the season and either team involved are competing for the league in their relevant section, the new team have to justify the reason for transfer.

I had to do one for my team last week.

And Dermot approved it?! He must be mellowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭City boy turned country

Heroditas wrote: »
    And Dermot approved it?! He must be mellowing!

It was a for a hooker and I reminded him that i only needed it because of their requirement to have a hooker on the bench.

After a few phone calls to Dermot, it got the go ahead

Malahide beat unidare by only 2 points, looks like it was a close game. And a huge shock in RCSI concede to gorey!

Weather looking good so far this week we may actually have a full round of games.

• Advertisement

Malahide beat unidare by only 2 points, looks like it was a close game. And a huge shock in RCSI concede to gorey!

Weather looking good so far this week we may actually have a full round of games.

Last minute DG from Malahide to win it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

And a wonderful drop goal at that, sailed over beautifully.

Was an entertaining game, lead changed hands 4 times.

Any word if the RSCI and Swords results are going to be expunged or not?

Either way, we require Gorey to drop points.

Winters wrote: »
    And a wonderful drop goal at that, sailed over beautifully.

Was an entertaining game, lead changed hands 4 times.

Any word if the RSCI and Swords results are going to be expunged or not?

Either way, we require Gorey to drop points.

Well we know who you play for! Lol. Any chance ya kicked it as well???

Gorey will drop points, they hav lost all there footballers so not as strong as b4 Xmas. We have unidare this wknd, another tight game forecasted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Gorey will drop points, they hav lost all there footballers so not as strong as b4 Xmas. We have unidare this wknd, another tight game forecasted

Gorey almost beat Cill Dara at the weekend, lots of young guys coming through

And in Skerries of all places?..

Nope it wasnt me, our 10 Artie Ziff was the master of that one.

Winters wrote: »

And in Skerries of all places?..

Nope it wasnt me, our 10 Artie Ziff was the master of that one.

Yea skerries! Only place willing to rent out there pitch with the weather the way it is. Will just b happy to get a game again, only game since before Xmas was against gorey so fingers crossed it stays dry.

Full round of fixtures for a change, good to see. Wins for millmount and malahide but gorey were beating by swords, looked like some game with the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Congrats to DLSP for sealing the J4 Section C league with a win over Greystones. Seapoint can finish on level points, but the head-to-head results are in DLSP's favour.

Seapoint's match vs Bective was abandoned at half time on Saturday as the ref couldn't see the pitch markings. We didn't think it was that bad, but what can you do...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The J4 A League comes down to the final match between Landsdowne and Terenure.

• Advertisement

Full round of fixtures for a change, good to see. Wins for millmount and malahide but gorey were beating by swords, looked like some game with the score.

And RCSI turned up!!

So, any word on RCSI and Swords? Do all their results stand?

Malahide v Millmount in two weeks time will be a big match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement