Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J4/J5 Season 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Tough aul group for Tallaght. Gonna need to beat one of the big teams to have a chance.

Sure we thrive under the pressure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

AG2R wrote: »
    Sure we thrive under the pressure :D

Good game on Saturday, apart from the heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

St Marys preseason results....

J4 - Won v Tallaght 38-7 and lost v Terenure 19-15 (both games away)
    J5 - Won v Tallaght 35-14 and lost v Terenure 29-0 (both games away)

Any other pre-season results?

Clontarf J5 V Tallaght J5 Won 30 - 0
    Clontarf J4 V Tallaght J4 Lost (Not sure of the score)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Theta wrote: »
    Clontarf J5 V Tallaght J5 Won 30 - 0
    Clontarf J4 V Tallaght J4 Lost (Not sure of the score)

It was 5 tries to 3 in the j4 game, but have no idea of the actual score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    It was 5 tries to 3 in the j4 game, but have no idea of the actual score.

31-12 according to our website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

J4: Stillorgan 25 - 10 Seapoint

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Well drilled Tallaght j4 team there was against Clontarf. Their j5 weren't great though. Clontarf j5 have Stillorgan this weekend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Unidare J4
    Unidare V Parkmore 17-10
    Clondalkin V Unidare 25-3
    AIB V Unidare 10-10

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Juat to clarify, there are two Tallaght teams. One playing j5 and one playing j3 leinster league. We have no j4 team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

chris85 wrote: »
    Well drilled Tallaght j4 team there was against Clontarf. Their j5 weren't great though. Clontarf j5 have Stillorgan this weekend.

Anyone know where and when this one is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stek1980

Millmount has a warm up charity game on Fri, 1st of the season and then RCSI on Sat 6th, looking forward to it!

keano007 wrote: »

Castle Avenue, 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cmdrpaddy

ColmH81 wrote: »
    I don't think the section name has too much of a bearing on the level of rugby.. Looking at Section C, it's the closest league I've seen in years.. There's no games you could look at and say "we'll win that one"...

The name mightn't indicate quality but it's a bit annoying that UCD and Seapoint, two teams who dominated section B last year, are now in section C.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bort Ort

cmdrpaddy wrote: »
    The name mightn't indicate quality but it's a bit annoying that UCD and Seapoint, two teams who dominated section B last year, are now in section C.

Just looking at finishing positions from last year and would make sense to just swap the names of divisions B & C. Has anyone asked the branch about this as maybe it's a genuine mistake?

Whats happens if you win Section C this year? Are you relegated again to section D!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

keano007 wrote: »
    chris85 wrote: »

J5: Clontarf v Stillorgan called off

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Terenure J4 vs Parkmore today at 12.30p.m.

MATCH CANCELLED. Parkmore couldn't field a team

Peter

Millem wrote: »
    J5: Clontarf v Stillorgan called off

Really? Do you know the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

J4: Stillorgan edged out Guinness yesterday in a fiercely competitive encounter at Bird Avenue. The Stillorgan 10 knocked over a penalty (last kick of the game) to claim victory for the home side. Final score was 23-21 (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

Bort Ort wrote: »
    Just looking at finishing positions from last year and would make sense to just swap the names of divisions B & C. Has anyone asked the branch about this as maybe it's a genuine mistake?

Whats happens if you win Section C this year? Are you relegated again to section D!!

I know as an ex Seapoint player, from speaking to some of the more senior players, there's a lot of confusion as to how these leagues were put together...

• Advertisement

ColmH81 wrote: »
    I know as an ex Seapoint player, from speaking to some of the more senior players, there's a lot of confusion as to how these leagues were put together...

However they may have been put together they could look even more ridiculous in a few weeks time if the J2 league hasn't been sorted out.

There's 4 teams in section C with J2 teams who mightn't have any competitive games for a while or who will have a curtailed league season.

I foresee some particularly 'interesting' scorelines.

However they may have been put together they could look even more ridiculous in a few weeks time if the J2 league hasn't been sorted out.

There's 4 teams in section C with J2 teams who mightn't have any competitive games for a while or who will have a curtailed league season.

I foresee some particularly 'interesting' scorelines.

What's going on with the J2 league?

What's going on with the J2 league?

Three teams have withdrawn (Greystones, DLSP and Wesley I think).

I think Greystones were told to field a J2 or J3 team this year after destroying section A of the J4 league last season. They had a team in the league but then last weekends matches were postponed/cancelled after the withdrawal and there's a meeting tonight to try and sort out what's going to happen.

Like I said earlier in this thread J2 is dominated by 3 or 4 teams who are much, much better than everyone else so I can understand some of the teams not wanting anything to do with it. The issue now though is that if the J2 league is disbanded (pretty unlikely I'd imagine) or restructured it will almost certainly have fewer games giving clubs the opportunity to drop guys down and if you're already playing Saturday matches at J2 it's far easier to simply play Saturday matches at J4 than switch to Friday or Sunday matches at J3 or J1.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see clubs that have a weak J2 team or none at all getting some serious scores put on them this season.

Three teams have withdrawn (Greystones, DLSP and Wesley I think).

I think Greystones were told to field a J2 or J3 team this year after destroying section A of the J4 league last season. They had a team in the league but then last weekends matches were postponed/cancelled after the withdrawal and there's a meeting tonight to try and sort out what's going to happen.

Like I said earlier in this thread J2 is dominated by 3 or 4 teams who are much, much better than everyone else so I can understand some of the teams not wanting anything to do with it. The issue now though is that if the J2 league is disbanded (pretty unlikely I'd imagine) or restructured it will almost certainly have fewer games giving clubs the opportunity to drop guys down and if you're already playing Saturday matches at J2 it's far easier to simply play Saturday matches at J4 than switch to Friday or Sunday matches at J3 or J1.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see clubs that have a weak J2 team or none at all getting some serious scores put on them this season.

Yeah, that's a bit worrying, not only from the viewpoint of potentially making the J4 league sections very unfair but from a danger aspect as well. A J2 player on the verge of the J1's could do serious damage to a J4 beginner.

Hopefully the branch will sort it out, I know last year (or possibly the year before) the J2 league turned into a farce with only 4 teams in it.

I'd say Greystones will be put on watch after the total p1sstake they pulled in the J4 last season. Ruined the section for the other 5 teams.

Yeah, that's a bit worrying, not only from the viewpoint of potentially making the J4 league sections very unfair but from a danger aspect as well. A J2 player on the verge of the J1's could do serious damage to a J4 beginner.

Hopefully the branch will sort it out, I know last year (or possibly the year before) the J2 league turned into a farce with only 4 teams in it.

I'd say Greystones will be put on watch after the total p1sstake they pulled in the J4 last season. Ruined the section for the other 5 teams.

AFAIK there was a guy on the Greystones J4 team last year who was one try shy of the AIL all time try scoring record, I think he had taken two seasons off and come back.

Theta wrote: »
    AFAIK there was a guy on the Greystones J4 team last year who was one try shy of the AIL all time try scoring record, I think he had taken two seasons off and come back.

Wouldn't be at all surprised, they had a few guys who were clearly J1 or first team standard. One of them actually boasted to a relation of mine that they were gonna tear up the league and had loaded to win the thing. Poor form but it unfortunately happens.

I've just read that the Branch seem to have done something with the J2 league.
    The J2 and J3 teams (there are 16 J3 teams, split into two groups of 8, sec A & sec B) will now be combined and split into two leagues of 12 - top J3 teams will make up the numbers for the upper 12 along with the current J2 teams.

Within this group of 12, two groups of 6 will play each other once, with the top 3 in each group going into sec A, and the bottom 3 into sec B.

So it looks like all J2 teams will have games and two J3 teams have dropped out.

It seems to be a fairly decent solution.

Branch meeting last night and the J2 league is scraped, apparently they are splitting the J3 league and the J2 teams will drop into this league. Not sure how that effects clubs with J2 and J3 teams, can see it getting very messy.

Branch meeting last night and the J2 league is scraped, apparently they are splitting the J3 league and the J2 teams will drop into this league. Not sure how that effects clubs with J2 and J3 teams, can see it getting very messy.

I imagine it'll be the same as St. Mary's or Barnhall A and B. They won't be in the same division and won't be able to be promoted.

I wonder who the two J3 teams who dropped out are.

• Advertisement

I imagine it'll be the same as St. Mary's or Barnhall A and B. They won't be in the same division and won't be able to be promoted.

I wonder who the two J3 teams who dropped out are.

Hopefully not anyone with teams in the J4 league!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement