Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J4/J5 Season 2012/13

Options
  • 20-09-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a new one up for the coming season. Sections were announced today, fixtures should hopefully follow tomorrow........
    J4 League – Make-up of Various Sections

The entries for the J4 League have been confirmed, other than one club we are waiting on. There are 33 or 34 teams participating and they have been divided in three Sections with eight teams in Sections “A” and “C” (seven in “C” if the team we are waiting on doesn’t take part) while the remaining 18 teams are in Section “B”. The Sections have been divided largely on finishing positions from last season. Fixtures should be issued tomorrow.

Section “A” and “C” will be played on a home and away basis between each of the teams in their respective Sections.

Section “B” will be played over two phases with the teams initially split into three 6-team Pools in Phase 1. The top two teams in each Pool will then qualify for Division 1 in Phase 2, the middle two teams in each Pool will go into Division 2 and the bottom two teams in each Pool will be placed in Division 3.

SECTION “A”

Section “A” will comprise eight teams that will play each other team home and away.

Terenure College “A”
    Wanderers
    St Marys College “A”
    NUIM Barnhall “A”
    Lansdowne
    Old Belvedere
    Clontarf
    Blackrock

SECTION “B”

Section “B” will be made up of the three 6-team Pools in the table below. The teams in each Pool will play each other once in Phase 1. In Phase 2 the top two teams from each Pool will play in Division 1, the next two finishers in each Pool will play in Division 3 and the bottom two teams from each Pool will play in Division 3. These Divisions will be played on a home and away basis.

POOL 1
    Coolmine
    UCD
    Guinness
    De La Salle Palmerston
    CYM
    Terenure College “B”

POOL 2
    Clondalkin
    Seapoint
    NUIM Barnhall “B”
    Dublin University
    Swords
    Greystones

POOL 3
    Stillorgan
    AIB
    Navan
    Newbridge
    Bective Rangers
    Parkmore

SECTION “C”

Section “C” will comprise eight teams (or seven) that will play each other team home and away.

Tallaght
    Millmount House
    Unidare
    Malahide
    St Mary’s College “B”
    Railway Union
    RCSI
    AN Other – if they confirm participation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Just realised I forgot the J5 section! Apologies......
    J5 League – Participating Teams

The entries for the J5 League have been confirmed. There are ten teams and the League will be played on a home and away basis. The ten participants are:

· Normans (from Kilkenny)
    · Bective Rangers
    · Clondalkin
    · Clontarf
    · De la Salle Palmerston
    · Stillorgan
    · Emerald Warriors
    · St Marys College
    · Terenure College (new team, the team that won the J5 League last season is now Terenure College “B” in the J4 League)
    · Monkstown

The fixtures will be issued tomorrow.

Please remember that the J5 League is primarily a development League. Scrummaging is not compulsory in the J5 League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

How are the Terenure B team in section B?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

How are the Terenure B team in section B?

Seems strange that they just leap frogged section C. Would have thought they'd be replacing Normans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

As far as I am aware Tallaght are playing j5 this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Pudsy33 wrote: »

I thought so too, Clontarf have a j5 friendly against them this weekend

• Advertisement

Theta wrote: »

I thought so too, Clontarf have a j5 friendly against them this weekend

My club don't know what division we're in, great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Big number of teams in the J5 this year. Should make things quite competitive - 18 matches over the season. Will really test the depth of squads. Can't wait to get started !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

36 teams in J4. Holy God!
    There was barely a third of that number in that division less than 10 years ago. Certainly shows that there's been a bit of a revival in the Junior ranks.
    I wonder how much longer it'll be before they just recategorise the various divisions as J6, J7 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cmdrpaddy

Heroditas wrote: »
    36 teams in J4. Holy God!
    There was barely a third of that number in that division less than 10 years ago. Certainly shows that there's been a bit of a revival in the Junior ranks.
    I wonder how much longer it'll be before they just recategorise the various divisions as J6, J7 etc.

J2 at the minute is being dominated by 3 or 4 massively overpowered clubs with most of the others barely getting close and with J3 games on Sundays I'd imagine a good few players have opted for Saturday matches at J4 where they have a chance of winning.

There's not much difference between some of the top end J4 teams and some of the J2 teams I saw playing last year.

I was wrong about the J5 setup. It's like this for the season:

The J5 League will be comprised of 12 teams and a “Super Six” structure will apply here. The teams in each Pool will play each other once in Phase 1. In Phase 2 the top three teams from each Pool will play in Section “A” and the bottom three teams from each Pool will play in Section “B”. These Divisions will be played on a home and away basis.

POOL 1

POOL 2

Normans

Bective Rangers

Clondalkin

Clontarf

Terenure College

Railway Union

Tallaght

Monkstown

St Marys College

Stillorgan

Emerald Warriors

De La Salle Palmerston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Surely that is not their first team? They were decent J4 team a couple of years ago have they moved to LL/J3?

Luckycharm wrote: »

Surely that is not their first team? They were decent J4 team a couple of years ago have they moved to LL/J3?

That's correct, it's a second team playing j5

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've just heard from someone in the club that the format has changed again for J4! Apparently we have 8 teams in our pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

Just realised I forgot the J5 section! Apologies......
    J5 League – Participating Teams

The entries for the J5 League have been confirmed. There are ten teams and the League will be played on a home and away basis. The ten participants are:

· Normans (from Kilkenny)
    · Bective Rangers
    · Clondalkin
    · Clontarf
    · De la Salle Palmerston
    · Stillorgan
    · Emerald Warriors
    · St Marys College
    · Terenure College (new team, the team that won the J5 League last season is now Terenure College “B” in the J4 League)
    · Monkstown

The fixtures will be issued tomorrow.

Please remember that the J5 League is primarily a development League. Scrummaging is not compulsory in the J5 League.

I'm looking at getting playing J5. Can anyone tell me is stillorgan or bective the better club to join. Both are close enough to me I live in ballsbridge. And also would it be to late to get involved in say 3-4 weeks time. I have an injury at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

keano007 wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting playing J5. Can anyone tell me is stillorgan or bective the better club to join. Both are close enough to me I live in ballsbridge. And also would it be to late to get involved in say 3-4 weeks time. I have an injury at the minute.
    either club will be good to join. Fairly sure there is a member or two here who are involved with stillorglin if you need further info. both will welcome you with open arms
    Season will have started and a few games will have been played but it wouldnt be too late at all. there will be plenty of games afterwards

I'm started with Stillorgan 2 years ago, and it's absolutely brilliant. Really sound, welcoming bunch of lads, no BS. Have played against bective on a number of occasions and they're good lads too.

Come down and give Stillorgan a try on Tuesday - training starts at 7.15pm at bird avenue.

J4 score today was Seapoint 10 - 26 Stillorgan (friendly)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

anyone have the fixture list....

AG2R wrote: »
    anyone have the fixture list....
    Don't think it's out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

keano007 wrote: »

Ballsbridge gives you a fair choice of clubs close by of which stillorgan is probably the furthest away. However for someone starting out, I have only ever heard good things about stillorgan and how friendly and welcoming it is as a club. Not saying the others aren't but my recommendation would be stillorgan if you drive!

Just got a call from someone in the club - it looks like there's no phase 1 and 2; it's a straightforward home and away league for the entire season. Fixtures should be up shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Fixtures have been released but not up on the Leinster site as of yet. Not going to post them here, there's far too many and I don't fancy holding the record for longest post ever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cmdrpaddy

The pools also seem to have been changed.

To be honest I can't see either Seapoint or UCD being happy with being in section C, even if it is just a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Quite a few local derbies in J4 Section D!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

J5 League - Super Six (Phase 1) - Pool 1

Clondalkin
    Emerald Warriors
    Normans
    St Marys College
    Tallaght
    Terenure College

Saturday 6th October 2012
    Clondalkin v St Marys College Gordon Park Kingswood 15:00
    Tallaght v Normans Tymon Park 15:00
    Terenure College v Emerald Warriors Lakelands Park 15:00

Saturday 20th October 2012
    Emerald Warriors v Clondalkin Suttonians RFC 15:00
    Normans v Terenure College Sprtsground Knocktopher Kilkenny 15:00
    St Marys College v Tallaght Templeville Rd 15:00

Saturday 3rd November 2012
    Clondalkin v Normans Gordon Park Kingswood 14:30
    St Marys College v Emerald Warriors Templeville Rd 14:30
    Tallaght v Terenure College Tymon Park 14:30

Saturday 10th November 2012
    Clondalkin v Tallaght Gordon Park Kingswood 13:30
    Emerald Warriors v Normans Suttonians RFC 13:30
    Terenure College v St Marys College Lakelands Park 13:30

Saturday 17th November 2012
    Normans v St Marys College Sprtsground Knocktopher Kilkenny 14:30
    Tallaght v Emerald Warriors Tymon Park 14:30
    Terenure College v Clondalkin Lakelands Park 14:30

J5 League - Super Six (Phase 1) - Pool 2

Bective Rangers
    Clontarf
    De La Salle Palmerston
    Monkstown
    Railway Union
    Stillorgan

Saturday 6th October 2012
    Bective Rangers v Clontarf Ballycorus Rd 15:00
    De La Salle Palmerston v Monkstown Kirwan Park 15:00
    Stillorgan v Railway Union CUS Sportsground Clonskeagh 15:00

Saturday 20th October 2012
    Clontarf v Stillorgan Castle Avenue 15:00
    Monkstown v Bective Rangers Sydney Parade 15:00
    Railway Union v De La Salle Palmerston Park Avenue 15:00

Saturday 3rd November 2012
    Bective Rangers v Railway Union Ballycorus Rd 14:30
    Clontarf v Monkstown Castle Avenue 14:30
    Stillorgan v De La Salle Palmerston CUS Sportsground Clonskeagh 14:30

Saturday 10th November 2012
    Bective Rangers v Stillorgan Ballycorus Rd 13:30
    De La Salle Palmerston v Clontarf Kirwan Park 13:30
    Monkstown v Railway Union Sydney Parade 13:30

Saturday 17th November 2012
    De La Salle Palmerston v Bective Rangers Kirwan Park 14:30
    Railway Union v Clontarf Park Avenue 14:30
    Stillorgan v Monkstown CUS Sportsground Clonskeagh 14:30

Normans to kick off the season so

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Presumably the games on the 6th will be brought forward to about 1 kick off? Leinster game is at half 5 isnt it?

EDIT 6:30. Not so bad .

Half 6 ko I think but yeah I say it'll be changed to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

cmdrpaddy wrote: »
    The pools also seem to have been changed.

To be honest I can't see either Seapoint or UCD being happy with being in section C, even if it is just a name.

I don't think the section name has too much of a bearing on the level of rugby.. Looking at Section C, it's the closest league I've seen in years.. There's no games you could look at and say "we'll win that one"...

• Advertisement

AG2R wrote: »
    Normans to kick off the season so

Tough aul group for Tallaght. Gonna need to beat one of the big teams to have a chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement