Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGI Gas Installer not happy with him...

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

ar smaoinigh tú riamh de bheith ina billy dochtúir. d'fhéadfaí tú glaoch a féin a speisialtóireachta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Ah! conas ba mhaith linn dul i ngleic gan google.

chao!

Ah! conas ba mhaith linn dul i ngleic gan google.

chao!

scoil north mon corcaigh. Jack Lynch gceist freisin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hombres aki habla Espanole?

Those are really nice muscles you all have but it's really getting ridiculous now!

Next ye will be doing a "virtual" march around yer living rooms playing a "virtual" bugle.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

shane0007 wrote: »
    Hombres aki habla Espanole?

Those are really nice muscles you all have but it's really getting ridiculous now!

Next ye will be doing a "virtual" march around yer living rooms playing a "virtual" bugle.....

All ill say is jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

bet some of them were sitting there with google translator!

why not meet in the pub this weekend, so when ye get to the jax you can do a

DGOBS wrote: »
    bet some of them were sitting there with google translator!

why not meet in the pub this weekend, so when ye get to the jax you can do a
    My excuse is that I lived in Spain for 5 years but I can't answer for the two boys marching round their living rooms at 2 in the morning with the handle of the brush over their shoulders.....
    I haven't laughed as much in a long time, especially Billy's & Gary's acceptance speeches!!

shane0007 wrote: »
    My excuse is that I lived in Spain for 5 years

did you come back with the Spanish armada

any way getting back to my point . I suppose its like an irish passport they can be got via the back door system. but are you really irish? without having the trade cert , you get in the back door. are you really a plumber? and heating is part of been a plumber.

any way getting back to my point . I suppose its like an irish passport they can be got via the back door system. but are you really irish? without having the trade cert , you get in the back door. are you really a plumber? and heating is part of been a plumber.

I don't know what your on about but I'm very happy not to have met to many plumbers like you.

My phone is always on and I take calls from fellow tradesmen all day everyday and am happy to do so, if I followed your strange snobby logic I should spend the first ten minutes just clarifying my gas qualifications(which are recognised here) make me better than a plumber who's own gas training cannot match mine.

Really who gives a monkeys, I'm only as good as my last job and its the work I do and the service i give that identifies me as a tradesman and not a cert.

I'll leave you to your odd pointless musings, if you want to have a chit chat about improving the gas industry or need help with installation problems I'll still give you a dig out as it doesn't matter to me that your just a plumber.

• Advertisement

gary71 wrote: »
    I don't know what your on about but I'm very happy not to have met to many plumbers like you.

My phone is always on and I take calls from fellow tradesmen all day everyday and am happy to do so, if I followed your strange snobby logic I should spend the first ten minutes just clarifying my gas qualifications(which are recognised here) make me better than a plumber who's own gas training cannot match mine.

Really who gives a monkeys, I'm only as good as my last job and its the work I do and the service i give that identifies me as a tradesman and not a cert.

I'll leave you to your odd pointless musings, if you want to have a chit chat about improving the gas industry or need help with installation problems I'll still give you a dig out as it doesn't matter to me that your just a plumber.

in fairness gary. that's all fine.

if I was to enter the uk tomorrow I think the only qualification they would entertain is the oftec certs and trade cert. which limits my work.

I don't make the rules or apprenticeship guidelines. but just to let you know the system here (which id say you do)

Apprenticeship = 4 years
    gid can be obtained with trade cert.
    gid is the requirement to be as you call it a gas eng.

you can get in the back door. by doing the gis. however that is part of the apprenticeship now. so why is this course not done away with.

so the basics of what I am saying is. without the gis. you can not become as you call it (heating eng). so its a plumbers job.

is there any part of that statement incorrect for the irish market at present?

problems I'll still give you a dig out as it doesn't matter to me that your just a plumber.

well I have a call now at 3.30. so been a plumber (not worthy) im off to fix a GAS combi boiler. ill check later to see have you agreed that I am correct with the irish system.

in fairness gary. that's all fine.

if I was to enter the uk tomorrow I think the only qualification they would entertain is the oftec certs and trade cert. which limits my work.

I don't make the rules or apprenticeship guidelines. but just to let you know the system here (which id say you do)

Apprenticeship = 4 years
    gid can be obtained with trade cert.
    gid is the requirement to be as you call it a gas eng.

you can get in the back door. by doing the gis. however that is part of the apprenticeship now. so why is this course not done away with.

so the basics of what I am saying is. without the gis. you can not become as you call it (heating eng). so its a plumbers job.

is there any part of that statement incorrect for the irish market at present?

You're saying nothing any of us don't know (iv worked here 10 years)and having a pop at fellas who earned their stripes I find a bit strange.

The plumbing training programme you've mentioned doesn't come near to the qualifications myself and Billy hold as gas/heating engineers, I don't say that to try to be clever as it is what it is, we all suffer from the way the system runs here but the customer more so(look at the first post), I think a tradesman should do what it says on the tin, I can't change the system i don't blame the player i blame the game so I try and educate those I come across to keep them and their customers safe.

well I have a call now at 3.30. so been a plumber (not worthy) im off to fix a GAS combi boiler. ill check later to see have you agreed that I am correct with the irish system.

Err... It's your good self that is judge, jury and executioner personally I'm more interested in are you safe, the rest can come later.

The plumbing training programme you've mentioned doesn't come near to the qualifications myself and Billy hold as gas/heating engineers, I don't say that to try to be clever .

I apologise didn't understand the brits where that good. see we have a different system that allows you to get a (BE) (BSc) or (ME).

we call them real engs. we call lads that fix, install and commision boilers, heating systems ect. plumbers with the relevant qualifications (gid ect).

I apologise didn't understand the brits where that good. see we have a different system that allows you to get a (BE) (BSc) or (ME).

we call them real engs. we call lads that fix, install and commision boilers, heating systems ect. plumbers with the relevant qualifications (gid ect).

You're at it again, who cares really? You just can't help yourself. I'v often wondered what it is someone like you gets out of these pointless conversations? It's like some funky torrets with swear words replaced with your thoughts on the industry, and don't be saying "we" because i can assure you, you don't represent many plumbers i'v had the pleasure of working with and learning from.

You can't really believe Cork have a monopoly on producing good tradesman like a magic feather that gets you places that others can't, that's just silly.

your lack of understanding or appreciation for my job title is more to do with your own ignorance of other trades and you're insistence on no Brit/Irish cross over is very petty, the regs I work to here are a watered down version of my British regs, RGI's would be safer with a understanding of British regs, what kind of a Person puts borders on knowledge, logic can work in different languages let alone a couple of hours on the ferry .

I don't get what your issues are and I'm not interested to find out as its a total waste of time, its just a shame your so narrow minded as it reduces the ability to learn from each other, what ever it is we bring to the table, were only as good as are last job the rest is meaningless.

I'll leave you to find someone else to play with as I find these conversation brain numbing and would rather spend the evening chit chatting with my bullmastiff(a Brit :mad:) about the source of this intermittent pong in the house, at least I have a chance of getting to the bottom of that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Can everybody please stop this stupid debate that I think has been over the top a bit.
    Personaly I've good respect for anyone who has proper training, and will carry on learning throuout there working life.

Yes the 18 day RGII cource is a joke.
    1 year UK (min.) system is better.
    Apprenstiship before cource is best no matter what country.

I've good respect for all of you and find it great knowing that ye all care enough to care about standards.

And that yer all out there to advise each other and me.

Please stop this stupid debate as I think we are the good guys in our profession.
    Cheers

@gary . if you what a feather in your cap. ill leave you off.
    ye foreigners are all the same.

give your self titles , make your selfs important. we took back the keys in 1949, plumber boy stop calling urself an eng. ur in Ireland , our system. u obviously didn't like your own, so when in rome, you know the rest. you make your self out to be plumber of the year in the BRITS awards. son shine , this is irerland. with all your knowledge, you even work for an irish man.

tell your boss, all about it.

give your self titles , make your selfs important. we took back the keys in 1949, plumber boy stop calling urself an eng. ur in Ireland , our system. u obviously didn't like your own, so when in rome, you know the rest. you make your self out to be plumber of the year in the BRITS awards. son shine , this is irerland. with all your knowledge, you even work for an irish man.

CorkPlumber, you used to have my respect but you have just lost every iota of it with those comments. They are just racist & small minded & I want nothing to do with your comments nor you.

You are a disgrace to your fellow Irishman. You will not receive any assistance or friendliness from me again but then again you are probably above me to want it in the first instance.

To Gary71, I apologise for CorkPlumber's racism as I feel, as a proud Irish person, comments like these do not portray the mind of 99.9% of us. You are most welcome in this country, living beside me at any time & I completely respect & accept your qualifications & experiences, not that they are my business or anybody else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You just couldn't keep it bottled could ya, :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

can someone please close this thread.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Closed.
    Time for a holiday for Corkplumber.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement