Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGI Gas Installer not happy with him...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

gary71 wrote: »
    Your wrong.

Have a look at the contents of a GID/GIS, anybody who sits these papers are saying they are competent to work on gas in the same manor as me a gas service engineer.

show me where it says eng. if you want to call your self eng. i have same certs, but also the trade cert. so im now Dr. of gas installing.

im not doubting you and billy are good in the field you work. but your techs not plumbers/ gas fitters. you are tech, plumbers mates of old.

what irish certs can you provide? none i wouldn't have. im not an eng, but ye are. this is what leads the punlic astray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I came across an young electrican who joined up ALL of the connections and also bridged them ALL on a dual stat on oil boiler ( literly everything ) live.
    C to 1 to 2 to C on second stat to 1 to 2 to boiler.
    And no eirth because he said plastic didn't need it.
    His excuse was that nobody told him that its ment to work like a switch.!!!!

He was not the plumbers regular electrican. The house holder got him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

you obviously have a reason to defend not having a trade cert. you show me evidence of any qualification calling you an eng outside a degree in college. ill agree with you, don't think I will be. or should I say I know I wont

Not that i need prove myself to you but my Trade Cert is clearly printed that i'm a Gas Service Engineer, you clearly have never heard of them, in our day you would be my mate. ;)
    And i would apprieciate it if you didnt edit my quotes to misquote me.

Not that i need prove myself to you but my Trade Cert is clearly printed that i'm a Gas Service Engineer, you clearly have never heard of them, in our day you would be my mate. ;)
    And i would apprieciate it if you didnt edit my quotes to misquote me.

so would i say its right to say you have a trade cert and gary misguided me. also love to see the irish cert saying eng. my granddad had heating eng on his marriage cert.

• Advertisement

show me where it says eng. if you want to call your self eng. i have same certs, but also the trade cert. so im now Dr. of gas installing.

You don't know what a gas engineer is do you, that's fine your not the first.

As for my title I wanted to call myself a engineer in thermodynamics but they wouldn't let me:mad:

so would i say its right to say you have a trade cert and gary misguided me. also love to see the irish cert saying eng. my granddad had heating eng on his marriage cert.

More fool you for listening :pac:

But don't be blaming me, typical plumber passing the buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Can we please pick up all those handbags thrown on the floor? It is a health & safety issue now & fast becoming a slip & trip hazard.

You don't know what a gas engineer is do you, that's fine your not the first.

As for my title I wanted to call myself a engineer in thermodynamics but they wouldn't let me:mad:

gary the uk do use the word eng/ not here for plumbing and heating related industry without a degree in eng

Your wrong.

Have a look at the contents of a GID/GIS, anybody who sits these papers are saying they are competent to work on gas in the same manor as me a CITY & GUILDS QULIFIED gas service engineer.

This might make my previous post less confusing;)

• Advertisement

More fool you for listening :pac:

But don't be blaming me, typical plumber passing the buck.

apologies for blaming you. he still recons hes an eng. i know from reading your posts your originally from uk. in the uk, the term eng is used. but not for billy

gary the uk do use the word eng/ not here for plumbing and heating related industry without a degree in eng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sq_-JV4OZ8

Above is the exceptance speech of myself and Gary becoming ENGINEERS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sq_-JV4OZ8

Above is the exceptance speech of myself and Gary becoming ENGINEERS.

that's very good billy. them 2 lads are swimming engs. to finalise, show me a cert with eng on it.

my final words... no trade paper a good mate

Gas isn't treated as a stand alone trade here i know but it doesn't change the fact that there are professional gas engineers in the world, when anybody takes up the mantel of a RGI that are telling the world they have the same knowledge as a time served gas enginner.

The minimum course for gas in the UK is 1 year which is 6 months in collage and 6 months on the tools(this could be run here), this C&G gives a very basic gas qualification or they could come here and do 18 days to become qualified.

shane0007 wrote: »
    Can we please pick up all those handbags thrown on the floor? It is a health & safety issue now & fast becoming a slip & trip hazard.

Dito

I think Ill go listen to my cat's!!

Is it the heat or do ye all kick off after midnight, including my bleeding cats !

Gas isn't treated as a stand alone trade here i know but it doesn't change the fact that there are professional gas engineers in the world, when anybody takes up the mantel of a RGI that are telling the world they have the same knowledge as a time served gas enginner.

The minimum course for gas in the UK is 1 year which is 6 months in collage and 6 months on the tools(this could be run here), this C&G gives a very basic gas qualification or they could come here and do 18 days to become qualified.

gary im talking about Ireland not the world. i only work in cork. so the regs in Africa and asia don't have any meaning to me.

i don't care about the uk. my point is you serve your time then go on to achieve gid, oftec ect. no papers , you shouldn't be able to. you become a gas eng as you call it in the majority and proper way after serving your time

gary im talking about Ireland not the world. i only work in cork. so the regs in Africa and asia don't have any meaning to me.

i don't care about the uk. my point is you serve your time then go on to achieve gid, oftec ect. no papers , you shouldn't be able to.

Why didn't you say, I totally agree with you.

Male bonding I love it:D

i don't care about the uk..

Well perhaps you should. In the UK, a taxi driver could not become a gas "worker". Our beloved system in beloved & wonderful Ireland allows them to. We don't even have Building Control FFS!!! We could learn a hell of a lot from how things are done across the water. We copy their regs already cos the powers to be are cheap skates & won't pay people to write out own regs. I bit of tipex, a sharp pencil & whoops-a-daisy, does that reg says Irish on it. Oh look, it does.

Anyway, I'm off to bed & I know how ye Cork fellas like howlin at the moon so ill leave ye all to it! :-)

shane0007 wrote: »
    Well perhaps you should. In the UK, a taxi driver could not become a gas "worker". Our beloved system in beloved & wonderful Ireland allows them to. We don't even have Building Control FFS!!! We could learn a hell of a lot from how things are done across the water. We copy their regs already cos the powers to be are cheap skates & won't pay people to write out own regs. I bit of tipex, a sharp pencil & whoops-a-daisy, does that reg says Irish on it. Oh look, it does.

gary i don't give a fcuk about the uk. it took 800 years to be independent away from them. i work to irish rules and regs. look we still don't even have our own post box , we just painted the queens green. the system in the rep of Ireland is

apprenticeship and then gid and the rest. back door system lets techs in. use to be known as plumbers mates

• Advertisement

i don't care about the uk. my point is you serve your time then go on to achieve gid, oftec ect. no papers , you shouldn't be able to. you become a gas eng as you call it in the majority and proper way after serving your time

I didnt invent it that's the name of the trade qualification and if they wanted to start running it here then that's what that tradesman who qulified would be called.

City & Guilds - 662 Certificate for Service Engineers (Gas)

The minimum course for gas in the UK is 1 year which is 6 months in collage and 6 months on the tools(this could be run here), this C&G gives a very basic gas qualification or they could come here and do 18 days to become qualified.[/quote]

Even I have to agree with the minimum 1 year system.
    But this should also be applied to oil and solid fuel. And in IRELAND.

I didnt invent it that's the name of the trade qualification and if they wanted to start running it here then that's what that tradesman who qulified would be called.

City & Guilds - 662 Certificate for Service Engineers (Gas)

this is irland . the republic. not the uk, so when in rome don as the romans do. in this case serve your time, become a gas fitter ect. in the uk you do it your way and become an eng. here your a tech. however if you where from Ireland you would be a plumbers mate with a cert also known as a tech these days.

gary i don't give a fcuk about the uk. it took 800 years to be independent away from them. i work to irish rules and regs. look we still don't even have our own post box , we just painted the queens green. the system in the rep of Ireland is

apprenticeship and then gid and the rest. back door system lets techs in. use to be known as plumbers mates

I think I'll leave you to your republicism, night.

this is irland . the republic. not the uk, so when in rome don as the romans do..

Do as the Romans! I doubt very much that the Italians have Taxi drivers running around servicing gas appliances after 10 days training. :pac:

I think I'll leave you to your republicism, night.

that's nonsense.

that night has been cancelled. they are all attending the eng night for techs.

Do as the Romans! I doubt very much that the Italians have Taxi drivers running around servicing gas appliances after 10 days training. :pac:

billy either state you have a trade cert or not. state if your irish or not. so if the answer is yes to irish and no to trade cert. iv no more to say MY PLUMBERS MATE

As for gary he is classified in his country as an eng. not here. but i don't doubt his knowlge is good. different sydtem. your part of the paddy wackery system. i slept with a plumber so i am one now. no disrespect

Tiocfaidh ár lá !!!!

Tiocfaidh ár lá !!!!

Bhí mé i gcónaí a bheith ina pluiméir.

falsa is mise billy

• Advertisement

Tá a fhios agat go soiléir aon rud.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement