Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 6 Megathread - All iOS 6 discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

This is the best ios since 4.4. Very smooth and fast.

I love the new app store layout too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dades wrote: »
    I find that podcast app a POS.

So slow and ponderous and fails constantly to remember what it was doing when I last left it.

its awful, was so much better when you could just bring up your downloaded podcasts in music, change it back Apple!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Another thing that annoys me about the podcasts app is that it automatically quits after a while like any ordinary app. I used to be able to pick up listening to a podcast after work by double clicking the home button on the lock screen. But that doesn't work anymore. Instead I have to relaunch the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Hi All,

I have an IPhone 4 and have installed the new IOS and was hoping that SIRI would be added as part of the IOS but no sign of it.

Is this correct.

Regards

Silverski

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

silverski wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have an IPhone 4 and have installed the new IOS and was hoping that SIRI would be added as part of the IOS but no sign of it.

Is this correct.

Regards

Silverski

Hiya, Siri won't work on an iPhone 4 even with the new iOS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

mitsybaby wrote: »
    Hiya, Siri won't work on an iPhone 4 even with the new iOS

I had a feeling that would be the answer.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

This might have been answered already..

Is it worth upgrading my wifi iPad 2 from iOS 5.1.1 (jail broken) to iOS 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

faceman wrote: »
    This might have been answered already..

Is it worth upgrading my wifi iPad 2 from iOS 5.1.1 (jail broken) to iOS 6?

There's no jailbreak confirmed for the iPad 2 on iOS 6 yet. I'm keeping mine on 5.1.1 until a jailbreak is released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm not too bothered about the jailbreak on the iPad 2 tho. Is it worth upgrading?

faceman wrote: »
    I'm not too bothered about the jailbreak on the iPad 2 tho. Is it worth upgrading?

Honestly, it's all the same as iOS 5. I haven't gone into much feature on my iPhone but you loose the YouTube app and Google haven't released one for the iPad yet.

You also loose Google Maps, get Apple Maps instead and they are pure bulls**t.

However both YouTube and Google Maps can be accessed from Safari for now.

It's personal opinion. Save your SHSH blobs and upgrade if you like, if you don't like it then you will be able to downgrade again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

lee3155 wrote: »
    Honestly, it's all the same as iOS 5. I haven't gone into much feature on my iPhone but you loose the YouTube app and Google haven't released one for the iPad yet.

You also loose Google Maps, get Apple Maps instead and they are pure bulls**t.

However both YouTube and Google Maps can be accessed from Safari for now.

It's personal opinion. Save your SHSH blobs and upgrade if you like, if you don't like it then you will be able to downgrade again.
    No you can't, since iOS 5 downgrade isn't possible with just SHSH blobs, you now also need an APTicket or the restore will fail

Also you can download jasmine for the ipad, it's a youtube client

guil wrote: »
    No you can't, since iOS 5 downgrade isn't possible with just SHSH blobs, you now also need an APTicket or the restore will fail

Also you can download jasmine for the ipad, it's a youtube client

Serious? :eek: Darn, there goes my iPhone...

lee3155 wrote: »
    Serious? :eek: Darn, there goes my iPhone...
    yep, scroll down to the bit about SHSH
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.ie/2011/10/ios-5-is-out-be-patient.html

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

This might work for shsh's. !?

NetNinja wrote: »
    This might work for shsh's. !?
    what?

NetNinja wrote: »
    Doesn't link to a story but I presume it was posted while apple were still signing 5.1.1
    I'm not sure if they still are or not but they won't sign it forever

I'm pretty sure redsn0w accepts the shsh blobs alongside the ipsw to restore (downgrade) to ios 5 etc...

Doesn't link to a story but I presume it was posted while apple were still signing 5.1.1
    I'm not sure if they still are or not but they won't sign it forever

Not sure why the link wont work. It mentions using Redsnow & stitching the file.

I haven't looked it up in months but it seems redsn0w and sn0wbreeze can save the SHSH and APTicket for the current firmware on the phone, I'm not sure if Tinyumbrella can do it but it won't work on anything newer than an iphone 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Anyone heard any word on if/when google maps would be released?
    I rely heavily on it and sat nav isn't making up for it when I want to find certain stores or golf clubs in an area.

I'm finding apple maps a total nightmare and even when it's right I can't rely on it

colly10 wrote: »
    Anyone heard any word on if/when google maps would be released?
    I rely heavily on it and sat nav isn't making up for it when I want to find certain stores or golf clubs in an area.

I'm finding apple maps a total nightmare and even when it's right I can't rely on it
    go to safari and maps.google.com tap the button with the arrow and then the add to home screen button

just saw this on twitter and had to laugh

apples new london tube map

A3854oBCIAACtpF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

go to safari and maps.google.com tap the button with the arrow and then the add to home screen button

Thanks, didn't think it was possible to get my current location through safari but just figured it out now. Got a good replacement till they develop the app :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I backed up and updated my phone last w/e, went to back up my wifes phones(as a new phone on my itunes) and it started to put my apps on her phone?!?

Is there mo way of having 2 iphone4s's backed up/syncd with one i tunes?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I backed up and updated my phone last w/e, went to back up my wifes phones(as a new phone on my itunes) and it started to put my apps on her phone?!?

yep there is, i have mine and the GF's on my laptop. Just use one as manually manage, well thats what i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Hold down shift when your opening iTunes. You can then set up desperate accounts with desperate libraries. Shift and open again let's you select your library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Hold down shift when your opening iTunes. You can then set up desperate accounts with desperate libraries. Shift and open again let's you select your library.

Best Auto Correct of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Sorted out my wifi disconnect issue on iPhone and iPad by doing a simple reset network settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

gebbel wrote: »
    Sorted out my wifi disconnect issue on iPhone and iPad by doing a simple reset network settings.

My Wifi seems to have improved a little too. But its still not as good as before. Usable though so I'm happy.

Advertisement