Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 6 Megathread - All iOS 6 discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Maps app will just get its own updates whenever they make progress. Auto brightness not working is a definite bug that needs fixing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

phill106 wrote: »
    hmmm i dont know, maybe apple maps? Granted you could say it was an app, but it came with ios6!

Maps isn't really a bug per se. Apple won't release a 6.0.1 update and they'll be fine all of a sudden. There's just a huge lack of data and a lot of data that's available is inaccurate. Bug fixes are things like the auto brightness and stability fixes. Maps will be improved over time. Months to years most likely.

I'm trying to actually think of bugs I've been experiencing. Better Wifi range like I had before and Auto Brighteness fixes are two things I'd like to see but other than that I can't think of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

phill106 wrote: »
    hmmm i dont know, maybe apple maps? Granted you could say it was an app, but it came with ios6!

You download the maps data as you need it, the data is what they'll be improving/fixing so no update of the app itself will be needed.

That said, they may make a song and dance about Apple Maps 2.0 when they can stand by the data properly, to increase awareness that it's been sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

they're fixing the data permanently, statue of liberty was fixed there a few days ago. Its constantly being updated but its still miles off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

alexlyons wrote: »
    they're fixing the data permanently, statue of liberty was fixed there a few days ago. Its constantly being updated but its still miles off

They have an awful lot of work to do, most of the searches I've tried don't work. I really miss the handiness of google maps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Long thread...Tried searching but to no avail...

What happened the claim that we would no longer have to log in to download free apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭brophs

The wifi problems with it are really annoying (iPhone 4). My wifi range is poor, I can't login to the app store without either entering the network name manually in wifi settings (which only lasts a while before appearing again) or turning off wifi altogether and using 3G and my network connection is extremely slow.

I've tried network settings resets, router and iPhone resets, iPhone restores to factory settings and restoring the software. Nothing works on my home network (Eircom). But then I go to my g/f's place and her UPC is absolutely fine and shows none of those problems.

The worst thing is that loads of us have had wifi problems since before iOS 6, where entering the network name manually was the only way to avoid constant wireless disconnects. But on other wifi networks there are no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What happened the claim that we would no longer have to log in to download free apps?

I haven't downloaded a free app since, so I'm not sure. I do know I don't have to log in to update my apps though. Go into Settings -> iTunes & App Stores and see are you logged in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

L'prof wrote: »
    I haven't downloaded a free app since, so I'm not sure. I do know I don't have to log in to update my apps though. Go into Settings -> iTunes & App Stores and see are you logged in.

Works for me no need to log in for free Apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

A lot of my games won't work now on my 4s.. They open but the app closes itself before the game starts, I also lost my contacts... Any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Working perfect for me. I don't have to log in. Check to make sure your actually signed in on the phone in the first place.
    dar926 wrote: »
    A lot of my games won't work now on my 4s.. They open but the app closes itself before the game starts, I also lost my contacts... Any ideas

Did you back up or sync before updating or simply just click update?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Yes I done a sync before i updated.. Im not to worried about the contacts as I have them elsewhere but the games are really annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I've had to log in to download free apps as well.

I think though that its you don't need to log in to download updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

moggser wrote: »
    howerya's any body having any hassles with the Gmail app not sending notification to new mail?? have to go get them manually on the iphone 5?

this is a bug ive noticed anyway..do any of you're good self's uase Gmail and have any issue's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

1ZRed wrote: »
    My phone still connects to the Australian store recently after iOS 6. I connected it to iTunes to sync the stores but it still doesn't work!

Any sort of fix for this? I can't even update my apps.

I was the same last week after upgrading in the USA. Go to settings, itunes and app store and log out. Switch off the phone and on again and log in then. It worked for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody looking to populate your Passbook App check out this site. Lets you add some historic passes like a ticket for the Titanic and Woodstock etc. Handy to try out a few passes.

www.flonsolutions.com/passes.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think I'm going to have to download a podcast app. The one on iOS6 is a bit annoying as it always makes me reload the podcast I was listening to and it won't play a few others :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

If you find a good one let me know, worst thing about iOS 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Dont know if it's iPhone5 iOS6 or both but if I use siri then I find a lot of the time the volume afterwards is extremely low

If I go into the settings even if it's all the way up, it's still low. If I go into music and change the volume it's fine again

Its really annoying, changing the volume of alarms, calls everything on me!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Mr Moon wrote: »
    If you find a good one let me know, worst thing about iOS 6

I downloaded RSSRadio as someone else mentioned on here. There's a free version that only lets you subscribe to 3 podcasts and has ad's and a full version. I'm trying the free version to see what it's like.

Others on this thread have recommended instacast but it's not free. I like that RSSRadio lets you delete the podcasts from the app. I don't know why iOS doesn't let you delete songs/podcasts without using iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I can delete podcasts from the Apple Podcast app just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Seen a mate of mine on twitter pimping DownCastApp for podcasts.
    Can't say anything on it myself as I've never used it.
    Might help some of you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

nicklauski wrote: »
    Seen a mate of mine on twitter pimping DownCastApp for podcasts.
    Can't say anything on it myself as I've never used it.
    Might help some of you out :)

Just seen its not free. 1.59 for the app DownCast

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Google maps web app updated today and can now access street view :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Google maps web app updated today and can now access street view :D
    it was accessible yesterday. Not sure about beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

nicklauski wrote: »
    Just seen its not free. 1.59 for the app DownCast

Small world Nick, that was me.

Yeah, I'd recommend downcast. It works like you expect and feels like a solid, robust app. Works the way podcaster (my previous app) should have worked all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Whats the Gmail for iOS app like? I heard issues at the start but is it good now?

Have all my mail re-directing to gmail so only have the one account so would gmail be the way to go or use the Apple Mail app with Gmail as a pop3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

well i have it an i cant get it to send push notifications for me using a iphone 5 piece o crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

G-Money wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to download a podcast app. The one on iOS6 is a bit annoying as it always makes me reload the podcast I was listening to and it won't play a few others :confused:

I would agree with those who have recommended Downcast. Great app to coordinate podcasts.

Advertisement