Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] So i started EVE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so lets put some life in this forum! :D

just came back after work and got BF3 3.8gb patch EVE online 1.5GB patch downloading :D.

cant wait to log in and get myself that new shiny caldari destroyer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

so lets put some life in this forum! :D

just came back after work and got BF3 3.8gb patch EVE online 1.5GB patch downloading :D.

cant wait to log in and get myself that new shiny caldari destroyer :D

They'll mostly likely be ridiculously expensive for the first few weeks till players start building them just like the Tier 3 BC's... gawd I wasted so much money getting them as soon as they were released! >_<

azezil wrote: »
    They'll mostly likely be ridiculously expensive for the first few weeks till players start building them just like the Tier 3 BC's... gawd I wasted so much money getting them as soon as they were released! >_<

aye, was sitting in jita and first one corax went for 1bil lol. then 100mil, not they are around 45mil. so few pop up for around 27mil here and there. i wait for it to go to 20mil and snatch one for ****s and giggles :)
    will be awile untill i will start recycling them for pvp though.

i am in a bit **** position now as my drake is quite useless junk now. range droped from 63km to 47km and dps droped even lower. its quite annoying as i spent quite a bit SP on to missiles. 500k SP out of 2.2mil total. :( i wonder is it worth it for me to train for raven as pve boat and corax as pvp boat. bouth would share missile training. or do i spit on it all and go for rokh like i always wanted for missions 4 fun.

any ideas for a mission 4 ship lads? i dont really mind retraining if needed.

Is it just the drake they nerfed or missiles as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Is it just the drake they nerfed or missiles as well?

Heavy missiles were brought in line with other weapons.

• Advertisement

Heavy missiles were brought in line with other weapons.

just found the blog entry:
    Missiles are getting sizable rebalance in Retribution, bringing Heavy Missiles in line with other weapons through reductions to their range and damage, while also removing the ship penalties from all T2 missile ammo, buffing Torpedoes, Heavy Assault Missiles, Rockets and Light Missiles, and increasing Heavy Missile velocity so that more of your missiles hit.

All missile skills, rigs and implants will now affect all subcapital missiles across the board.

Well, I spent a little fortune on a small destroyer, which should be sold for 3-4 mil lol.

Got it for 24mil and started slapping stuff on it. I am still very low skills so I used what I could. Looks like I can do 2 fits for pvp.
    One is light missiles with afterburner extended shields and scrambler. I get 104dps and 47km range ( which is madness as my drake has 47km range after nerf! )
    Other fit is rockets and MWD same extended shields, scrambler. It gets 119dps and 11km range. MWD not a stable setup though :(.

I am pure noob so I will wait until someone will make proper setup, as I just slap stuff on :). I do really love it so far though! I hope it will drop in price soon so I can go and learn pvp in it. I presume it should rape frigates? Rocket setup should be better? As almost all frigates go in to close combat.

MWD setups aren't meant to be cap stable, you activate them for short durations just to get in range ;)

MWD setups aren't meant to be cap stable, you activate them for short durations just to get in range ;)

aye, tried rocket setup in level 2 missions, just to see it in action and almost lost my ship :D. i know pve is not pvp, but still. i dunno if it is very good. need to get in to 10km range to do some damage. might be good against frigates.

i will need to get buddy to buy some frigate and ill test it on him :)

aye, tried rocket setup in level 2 missions, just to see it in action and almost lost my ship :D. i know pve is not pvp, but still. i dunno if it is very good. need to get in to 10km range to do some damage. might be good against frigates.

i will need to get buddy to buy some frigate and ill test it on him :)

A couple of my corp mates have thrown out a few fits and it looks like that although the Talwar will do slightly less DPS than a Thrasher on paper, because tracking and falloff don't affect missiles it looks like it might do more than the Thrasher in practice.

Given what some members in my corp have done before with Destroyers, they could be a great thing for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsrq0PxiU-8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Steam sale at the moment, 75% off, only 5 euros for new players. Doesn't affect existing subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Started a few weeks ago, still feel a complete noob as im only just over 1m SP at the minute but I joined a PVP training corp fairly fast and have been having great fun with them so far
    Lost a Moa doing some missioning earlier, was a very sad moment lol

Started a few weeks ago, still feel a complete noob as im only just over 1m SP at the minute but I joined a PVP training corp fairly fast and have been having great fun with them so far
    Lost a Moa doing some missioning earlier, was a very sad moment lol

You made a right choice by going to pvp corp right at the start. A lot of people after tutorial get lost when they given a huge world to play with. They cannot get a concept of freedom and no hand holding.

I am training on alt a more basic skills and missile skills, then I join back to mercenary corp or find another gang pvp corp myself. I really love corax and its prices start to stabilise sooner then I though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Thinking of going back to eve...has it changed much in the last year?

Though last thing i did before I quit was to sell my nyx :(

Thinking of going back to eve...has it changed much in the last year?

Though last thing i did before I quit was to sell my nyx :(

There have been two major expansions, Inferno (I think) and Retribution. Basically many ships have been rebalanced and made useful, along with a load of new features and a few new ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Steam sale at the moment, 75% off, only 5 euros for new players. Doesn't affect existing subscribers.

Nice I just got it

just lost my macky...

just sow 7 trashers warp in and they just smashed the living **** out of me in seconds... :( 200mil loss in a few seconds...

do they do this for profit? salvege it?

just lost my macky...

just sow 7 trashers warp in and they just smashed the living **** out of me in seconds... :( 200mil loss in a few seconds...

do they do this for profit? salvege it?
    shíts n giggles mostly :D

I had 2 catalysts try it on me recently, they had me down to structure before (with aid of my T1 hobs) concord finished them off. I wasn't even watching the screen at the time. lol.
    http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=17947362

shíts n giggles mostly :D

I had 2 catalysts try it on me recently, they had me down to structure before (with aid of my T1 hobs) concord finished them off. I wasn't even watching the screen at the time. lol.
    http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=17947362

aye, thats what i figured out too. i came back to my corpse and there were like **** loads of concord ships :) looked scary :D

well i am in the middle of rebuying everything again. 200mil loss. i have to say i did not expected that.

rebuying everything puts me down to 2bil, but i got 170mil contract up for grabs, so not too bad. ill survive.

on the bright side, me and a few lads went to low sec for some fun. we did killed corax. he was a newby, but it was still satisfying to have a killmail after losing 200mill macky :)

I used to do the whole low sec pocket piracy thing, you'd be surprised at what people will carry in ships and go afk and on autopilot.... best haul ever, was 350bil worth of bpo's in a shuttle....

Now i know most pirates are asshats, we stuck to a rule, ransom first, fail to pay, you explode. Pay the ransom, and you got to finish your business in the system, and leave in one piece. Though to be perfectly honest, anti pirates are far bigger scumbags than most pirates. Have had 115 ships(mixed bship, bcruisers) come after 12(8 bships 2 cruisers, 2 bcruisers) of us... then called us cowards when we obviously ran, although that ended badly for the 15 that remained behind when the bulk of em got bored and left after 2 hours of station camping.

• Advertisement

I used to do the whole low sec pocket piracy thing, you'd be surprised at what people will carry in ships and go afk and on autopilot.... best haul ever, was 350bil worth of bpo's in a shuttle....

Now i know most pirates are asshats, we stuck to a rule, ransom first, fail to pay, you explode. Pay the ransom, and you got to finish your business in the system, and leave in one piece. Though to be perfectly honest, anti pirates are far bigger scumbags than most pirates. Have had 115 ships(mixed bship, bcruisers) come after 12(8 bships 2 cruisers, 2 bcruisers) of us... then called us cowards when we obviously ran, although that ended badly for the 15 that remained behind when the bulk of em got bored and left after 2 hours of station camping.

where would you pin them down? at the gates? there are still centries all over the place in low sec.

usually at the gates, otherwise in missions, we had spotters on the other sides of them 90% of the time... tended to catch carriers at the station however.

usually at the gates, otherwise in missions, we had spotters on the other sides of them 90% of the time... tended to catch carriers at the station however.

dont you get raped by sentry guns? or you use beefy ships for it and run off?

Have had 115 ships(mixed bship, bcruisers) come after 12(8 bships 2 cruisers, 2 bcruisers) of us... then called us cowards when we obviously ran

Lowsec in a nutshell :p

dont you get raped by sentry guns? or you use beefy ships for it and run off?

built to withstand the 150 dps they pump out, on top of every thing else. To be honest thats how you can tell the difference between real pirates and wannabe's :P... On a side note, the funniest kill I've ever seen at a gate was a drake with fof missles being killed by the anti missile spam from a billboard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

My silliest loss was coming up the pipe from feyth after about a year in 0.0. I'm in a hugguin and catch a vagabond next to me about 70 from the gate, lock and open fire completely forgetting about sentry guns. Too long spent in 0.0 felt like such an idiot.

Or when I came up to hi-sec to help my buddy who was just starting out in level 4s, bought myelf a mael to help him, then opened fire on him, next thought was "Oh yeah, forgot about concord".

try forgetting that your not on an alt and jumping into a high sec system while -10, I've lost more than one hyperion that way :( damn concord!

well i am training for some drones on alt as it is only at 4 atm lol. no support skills for frones too. i will get drones up and then i will just go for rokh. i dont care its bad, i just want it. :D
    i will be making up my losses on macky now, could not get much mined today as belts are dry as **** :(. i will be cross training my main for salveging too, when mining is not great ill do salveging after my alts misisons.

Well I start to love eve more and more :D

Got some minor mining done today. So only 35mil, so I will have to do some more in the next few days.

Now the fun part. Me and 2 other lads gone for some low sec fun. And when I mean fun - die horribly :D. So we went in to low sec and roamed around. Me in corax, other fella in ferox and another lad in black bird.
    We all went in to one of belts, killed rats and navi caracal jumped in after us. We webbed and s roles him. Ferox fella was still not there so we tried our best to pin him down. When all 3 of us were there drake jumped in too. We killed caracal and went for drake. Almost killed drake, bug second drake jumped in too. Ferox ran out of cap boosters and went in to flames. Then me. Black bird bastard ran away :D.
    I know we lost, but 3 of us are complete noobs or complete pvp noobs. So we had fun. And killing 70mil navi caracal was lol. :D

I am training for ferox now too. We will balance out our setup now. I am really starting to have more and more fun in eve :D

• Advertisement

I can't believe this, but we killed a brutix and Loki today. And that was 5 seconds after going in to low sec. :D

Had tenge and navi issue staber ran away from us. :(

From our fleet we lost one ferox :(. That brutix came back and we almost got him, but dominix was helping him, then when our ferox died that dominix killed brutix. Bastard. At least I did not lost any ships today :). There is always tomorrow though!

Advertisement