Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

186 / 187 Skilled Select (Permanent Nominated)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,071 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Princess_N wrote: »
    Our immigration lawyer has just lodged our 186 application today. Such a relief to have it all over and done with. I never want to apply for another visa as long as I live!! Just a waiting game now I guess. Anyone know what the average waiting time is these days?

The time is labeled as 6 months on the immi website. However if your agent lodged it as decision ready it may be faster.

That's three of us who lodged today. It'll be interesting to see how our time frames go verses each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Well done everyone for getting it in before 1st July, just the waiting game now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Mellor wrote: »
    The time is labeled as 6 months on the immi website. However if your agent lodged it as decision ready it may be faster.

That's three of us who lodged today. It'll be interesting to see how our time frames go verses each other.

For sure, I assume that Princess_N should be quickest.

Have you guys got your medicals booked yet?
    Its committing more money at this stage when not even sure if the nomination will be approved!!

No Medicals yet, but I've done the police clearances. AFP check took only 3 days, still waiting on UK and Irish ones.

Strange one

I've just lodged my 186 ENS last week.

I applied for another job in April and I have now received a call saying that they are very interested.

Has anyone every heard of a situation like this?

I presume that it I leave my current position my ENS is automatically cancelled? Could the potential new employed assume responsibility for the nomination?

There would also be further complications as I would change from TRT stream to Direct Entry.

****ing hell, I wish it wasn't such good position but it is hardly worth the hassle is it?

• Advertisement

It'll be a need a new ENS at least and new visa application at the current one won't be compatible with the new ENS, including partner fees. No refund for fees already paid. Plus you'll have to get a skills assessment.

So there's the extra $6-7k+ it'll cost you. Plus the additional wait time will you are getting the skills assessment, plus longer processing.
    Also will this new company sponsor you for ENS?

There's also the chance that the current company get wind of these goings on and let you go. No more 457. But that might be a benefit is it allows you to work for the new company on a bridging visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Strange one

I've just lodged my 186 ENS last week.

I applied for another job in April and I have now received a call saying that they are very interested.

Has anyone every heard of a situation like this?

I presume that it I leave my current position my ENS is automatically cancelled? Could the potential new employed assume responsibility for the nomination?

There would also be further complications as I would change from TRT stream to Direct Entry.

****ing hell, I wish it wasn't such good position but it is hardly worth the hassle is it?

If I were you I'd wait out the six months or so for the ENS visa to be granted as you'd be starting all over again if you switched jobs now, having lost whatever you've spent so far and having no guarantee that the other company would even put you forward for residency.

I'd just put this one down to bad timing, get residency, and then in six months time get in contact with the other company again and see if they've any work. You'll be a hell of a lot freer with pr in the long run than changing jobs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Same thing happened with me when waiting for approval. Wouldnt recommend switching, its too risky. I handed in my notice 6 weeks after getting my PR without any issues and will hopefully be able to get a job with the new crowd.

Cheers Guys, I figured as much.

I spoke with the HR department at prospective employers and they seem keen for an update once residency is approved so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

For sure, I assume that Princess_N should be quickest.

Have you guys got your medicals booked yet?
    Its committing more money at this stage when not even sure if the nomination will be approved!!

Well mine hasn't been lodged decision ready so maybe not. I am just waiting for my medical and then I think thats it all done. I don't really care how long it takes to be honest, I'm just glad all the form filling and hassle is finished with.

• Advertisement

Had medicals yesterday.
    Anybody that has been through the process, how long did take before your application was acknowledged?

Had medicals yesterday.
    Anybody that has been through the process, how long did take before your application was acknowledged?
    My application was acknowledged within a few minutes of lodging.
    Does that mean I can get medicare now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

My application was acknowledged within a few minutes of lodging.
    Does that mean I can get medicare now?

I think you can get a blue card upon proof of lodgment, then replaced with a green card when proof of the visa is granted.

You're right Mellor, I got the acknowledgement letter as an attachment with an email just after I had lodged.

In relation to the process from here.

Will we each be assigned a case officer? and does this take place before or after the nomination has been approved?

I have a feeling that my boss is going to have to provide further information for the nomination application, I really hope the process doesn't get dragged out because of this.

Progress check guys.

When you log on to check the progress of the nomination application. Via the immi website and the TRN number.
    What does it say in the top left corner under Status:

Application received or In Progress?

In Progress, what about you?

What about your nomination application?

I cant get access to that as my boss is sensitive about the information contained within it:confused:.

I have a bad feeling that he has messed up the application for nomination by not submitting enough information.

In Progress, what about you?

What about your nomination application?
    Both are in progress.
    When I asked I had just read online that when it changes to "in progress" it means a case officer has been assigned. Turns out that this doesn't apply for e-visa. They proceed straight to in-progress and into the queue in the right visa centre.
    I have a bad feeling that he has messed up the application for nomination by not submitting enough information.

If he hasn't lodged enough info, he'll just be asked to give more info where required. Won't be a do-over or anything.

Nomination and Visa approved today. 186 TRT stream

Applied 27/6 , 50 days exactly

Hopefully others come soon!

Nomination and Visa approved today. 186 TRT stream

Applied 27/6 , 50 days exactly

Hopefully others come soon!

Decision ready?

Non DR as I lodged it myself, it has to be signed off by an Migration Agent for it to be considered DR.

But it was pretty much DR. I submitted everything that was outlined on the check-list apart from our medicals which we did July 5th.

Our Irish Police check we actually out of date (May 2012) but obviously that didn't seem to matter.

As I said we did the Medicals 5 July but it hadn't shown up on the e visa system that the results had been submitted to immi. I emailed medibank on Friday asking if they had been submitted yet or how long it would take. Two hours later my boss informed me that the nomination was approved then I got the visa approval an hour later. Maybe a coincidence but it is a little strange.

Anyway I'm absolutely delighted its a load off my mind. The whole process cost about $3,700 which is a snip compared to what people will have to pay now only a few months later

• Advertisement

Non DR as I lodged it myself, it has to be signed off by an Migration Agent for it to be considered DR.

But it was pretty much DR. I submitted everything that was outlined on the check-list apart from our medicals which we did July 5th.

Our Irish Police check we actually out of date (May 2012) but obviously that didn't seem to matter.

As I said we did the Medicals 5 July but it hadn't shown up on the e visa system that the results had been submitted to immi. I emailed medibank on Friday asking if they had been submitted yet or how long it would take. Two hours later my boss informed me that the nomination was approved then I got the visa approval an hour later. Maybe a coincidence but it is a little strange.

Anyway I'm absolutely delighted its a load off my mind. The whole process cost about $3,700 which is a snip compared to what people will have to pay now only a few months later

I lodged mine the day after you. Did it myself also.
    Haven't lodged the police checks yet, or the medicals but that's the visa not the nomination.
    Checked online there and there's no change with the nomination yet. Might give the processing centre a ring and see if there's a case officer yet

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Lodged on the 11th of June Decision Ready through Lipman James in Melbourne. They are hoorrendously slow at getting back to you but got it granted last Wednesday 21st of August.

11 Weeks all in which was decent. Although, as they are so slow at responding, we got an email to say the employer nomination was accept but not the ENS. Although checking online says it was granted last Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭coldpaw

Hi,

Work has finally agreed to give me PR <wuhoooo>. Have been doing my research over the weekend but have a few questions that I would greatly appreciate some answers on, mainly on skills assessment:

I need to get a skills assessment as I'm only 16mts on 457- has anyone gone through this process?

From reading the Vetassass website it seems you need to provide a full summary of your jobs, plus payslips, plus a full reference. Are they really strict on this cause I know this will take time?

In one of my jobs I was paid by the govt but worked for an individual- who should I seek a reference off?

I took 5 months unpaid leave, should I include this in my application?

If one job was an internship (highly relevant though) with a stipend does this count for work experience and should I include it?

Do you need to get English translations of youR degrees if they are in Latin?

On the PR- ive heard this means you have to give up your right to cash in your Super if you ever decide to leave. Is this correct? I imagine you can still have it and draw it down when im retired even if I'm in Ireland?

You can apply for Medicare once you have applied for your PR?

Do people think its worth Using an agent- I'm leaning towards this as work have agreed to part contribute?

Thanks for any and all help.

Barry

PR approved last week.

Got our application lodged 30/06/13 but didn't have all documents, just wanted to get the application in before the fees increased. Lodged final documents (medicals) less than 2 weeks ago and it was approved last Thursday. Within 3 days of being assigned to a case officer.

Congrats Princess.
    I applied late 28th June, Still waiting for a case officer to be assigned for both the nomination and application.

Emailed the Parramatta centre today, auto-reply said they were allocating June right now.

Fingers crossed it won't be much longer.

I can't believe how quick mine was processed once I actually lodged all the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Does anyone know where can I find a list of the email addresses to see how far along the allocation is? I think I've heard that you can send a blank email and it'll auto-reply with an update of what month they're allocating from. My 186 going through WA.

Did you get an email to say the application was acknowledged, reply to that email with a blank message and you'll get an auto reply.

I'd guess it was wa.pse@immi.gov.au, but double check

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Did you get an email to say the application was acknowledged, reply to that email with a blank message and you'll get an auto reply.

I'd guess it was wa.pse@immi.gov.au, but double check

Thanks, yeah that's the correct one. The auto response says that they no longer issue timeframes, just the priority list. I'm currently Priority 4 (out of 4 :rolleyes:). Could be waiting a while...

• Advertisement

Thanks, yeah that's the correct one. The auto response says that they no longer issue timeframes, ...
    That's unfortuante, the Paramatta office (NSW) gave me a timeframe yesterday.
    FWIW;
    "We are currently allocating applications lodged in June 2013"

Advertisement