Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

186 / 187 Skilled Select (Permanent Nominated)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SyntonFenix

rightyabe wrote: »
    Sadly my employer has decided that there isn't enough time for the 187 and is putting me on a 457 instead, they have said that they will put me on the 187 "sometime in the future" im pretty sure it'll be after 2 years to be honest even thou they said the 457 is just a quick fix for me. Ah well, could be worse I guess, as long as I don't have to go home i'm happy.

Isn't enough time for the 187 visa?

Are you talking about the application process? You get a bridging visa when you apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Are you talking about the application process? You get a bridging visa when you apply.

Yes you get a bridging visa but only once you make a valid application, but in order to do that you need to get all your ducks in row in relation to Skills assessment, all relevant paperwork and $3060 payment.

Penal and medical certificates are ok until requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Yeah my whv expires mid August so by the time the RCB is lodged and then waiting 7 odd weeks maybe for it to be approved plus 2 weeks advertising the position. I couldn't lodge a visa app until the RCB was approved. So my employer didn't want to go thru all that hassle only to fu*k something up and me having to leave the country. So they deemed the 457 quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jocombo

Fantastic thread guys, I'm trying take it all in. I'm hoping i might get some clarification/advice here.

I've been in Australia on a 457 visa for 18 months (and with the parent irish company 2.5 years before that). I have my girlfriend de-facto on it for the last 12 months (we've been going out 5 years but in typical irish fashion hadn't much proof!), she came out on the WHV originally.

I've a degree in IT and working towards another one in Maths and Statistics (open uni uk) but my current job (sports trader) doesn't really fall into 'skilled occupation list' and so a skills assessment test in IT would be pretty daunting at the moment.

Basically I want the PR to free me up from the company, i wouldn''t leave until next year though, also medicare would also be really helpful for us also.

So going by what I've picked up here would my best option wait for the 2 years (which will bypass skills assessment and that english test) and pester HR to help us apply for this?

Does the fact that our defacto information is already in the system help us at all?

Would going through an agent speed up the whole application and take less than 4 to 5 months?

Do bridging visas apply here if you leave your job after the application is accepted (im guessing not)?

Do any recent changes to the visas affect us?

If the company doesn't cooperate, will i have to revert to the direct entry stream route?

Sorry, if these have been answered elsewhere or seem dumb!
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jocombo wrote: »
    So going by what I've picked up here would my best option wait for the 2 years (which will bypass skills assessment and that english test) and pester HR to help us apply for this?
    What are you sponsored as on your 457?
    Does the fact that our defacto information is already in the system help us at all?
    Not really. It's a new visa, new case officer so you need to lodge evidence of the relationship.
    However, being defacto on your 457 is a pretty solid piece if evidence.
    Would going through an agent speed up the whole application and take less than 4 to 5 months?
    It can do.
    Do bridging visas apply here if you leave your job after the application is accepted (im guessing not)?
    If you leave the job before its granted, then the visa will probably be refused as you don't have a job with the nominating employer.
    If the company doesn't cooperate, will i have to revert to the direct entry stream route?
    Direct entry is the same visa, its still employer nominated, so you'd need them to cooperate fir that also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 jocombo

Thanks Mellor

My occupation is listed as INFORMATION AND ORGANISATION PROFESSIONALS NEC, this is a pretty generic group i guess. Its not on the skilled occupations list

https://www.acacia-au.com/anzsco/224999.php

The skilled skilled occupation list is for independent entry.
    A ENS visa uses the consolidated list, ie the CSOL. This is the same list as used for 457 visas.

In short, if you are sponsored in the role, then you should be able to go for an ENS PR visa (assuming the the job isn't removed from the CSOL). At least thats my understanding of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

There's a price increase from July 1. De-facto applicants have to pay $1530. Each child is $765. This is on top of the main applicants fee of $3060.

statina wrote: »
    There's a price increase from July 1. De-facto applicants have to pay $1530. Each child is $765. This is on top of the main applicants fee of $3060.
    Ugh.

My two years for transition stream is up this week. Which gives me about a week before July 1st.
    I'm still waiting on my police certs and some other bits. I'm not going with an agent, so is there any way I can lodge the documents I have to lock in the lower fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Mellor wrote: »
    Ugh.

My two years for transition stream is up this week. Which gives me about a week before July 1st.
    I'm still waiting on my police certs and some other bits. I'm not going with an agent, so is there any way I can lodge the documents I have to lock in the lower fee?

Afaik mellor police clearances are required after lodging of visa, the CO asks for them and your medical. As for the other bits I'm not sure;-)

Best a luck, I'm getting rap*ed on da 457 cost and defacto charge also;-)

• Advertisement

Yeah you can lodge what you have now and then attach the other stuff later.

The cut off date for lodgement is June 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

As the guys have said you can upload extra documents after you have lodged the application. I was waiting on a police clearance from England on mine but lodged anyway because I knew it was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Mellor, I'm in a similar position.

Trying to rush and get everything done so I can at least lodge before the 1st of July and save the extra $1500 for my partner.

My big worry is that the nomination application will be refused.

Do I have this straight?

My employer will lodge the nomination application, this will generate a ref number for me to apply
    and then I lodge my application generating a ref number to apply for the medicals

I am aware that Immi sometimes required further info for visa application, is this also the case with the nomination application? Or would they simply refuse it if info was lacking?

Really hoping all goes ok as it looks like it will be down to the wire.

I have a police clearance from AFP issued this year and I have one from the Garda issue one year ago, will this be valid even though it is a year old?
    It states that I committed no crime in Ireland from my DOB until the date I left for Australia, the AFP clearance covers from that date to May this year.

How are people going with the Form 80? Specifically Q22? I have lots of personal contacts in Australia, who should you include?
    Also Q45? Details of countries I have visited in the past 10 years? Is detail really required for that? I have visited approx 20 maybe

Finally when I am applying will I just scan originals of my Passport and Birth Cert or should they be certified first then scanned?

Form 80 is a nightmare. I just put down the countries that was stamped on my passport. I put down two personal contacts.

You will need to get a new Garda clearance- it expires after a year. I think a scanned original is fine once it's in colour.

Just filling out my form 80 now.
    Does my partner need to fill one out too? Or do I just fill it out (including her details) and if they need more details from her they'll request it.

Does my partner need to fill one out too? Or do I just fill it out (including her details) and if they need more details from her they'll request it.[/quote

She needs to fill one out as well.

statina wrote: »
    Does my partner need to fill one out too? Or do I just fill it out (including her details) and if they need more details from her they'll request it.[/quote

She needs to fill one out as well.

Cheers.
    I figured that she might. I use wasn't surer if I was to get it in now, or wait and she if it was deemed necessary.

Hopefully some one can help out.

My boss is filling in the nomination application online and is running into some trouble.

When he enters the base pay and guaranteed earnings he keeps getting an error message. 'Base pay must contain digits'

He has tried every example of the number e.g. 60000, 60,000, 60,000.00 60000.00
    can someone please tell me what is accepted as we are stuck on this section
    cheers

Further to this. I am submitting my application online and I have gotten to the payment page. I have not yet been asked to upload any documentation. Is this normal? I assume I should have uploaded it already?

Thanks

Further to this. I am submitting my application online and I have gotten to the payment page. I have not yet been asked to upload any documentation. Is this normal? I assume I should have uploaded it already?

Thanks

With previous applications i've done. (417, SBS, 457 nom, 457 app, ad 457 defacto) documents where attached at the end.
    I assume ENS is the same, but i won't be sure until tomorrow ;)

• Advertisement

Cheers Mellor,
    Did you have any trouble when entering your salary for the nomination application either 186 or 457?

I'm on hold 15 mins now with immi trying to get it sorted :mad:

no issues with the 457. Haven't gotten that far with 186 yet.

'Is the primary applicant seeking an exemption based on age, skill and/or language requirements?'

I am not supplying a skill assessment on the basis I am applying for the TRT stream, should I tick yes for seeking an exemption based on skill?

'Is the primary applicant seeking an exemption based on age, skill and/or language requirements?'

I am not supplying a skill assessment on the basis I am applying for the TRT stream, should I tick yes for seeking an exemption based on skill?

I wouldn't say so. You aren't seeking exemption from the skill requirements, you are just proving the requirements by serving two years and receiving a job offer.

You would click yes if you seeking exemption from the age requirement, for example, based on your occupation or skill. Ie a priest or college lecturer

Boss has just submitted nomination application online and he was not charged a fee? Anyone please tell me why this is ?

Boss has just submitted nomination application online and he was not charged a fee? Anyone please tell me why this is ?

Is it an RSMS visa or an ENS in a regional area?

Which stream?

ENS TRT stream but in a regional area so apparently there is no nomination fee.

Anyone else having trouble with the website?

Must be caving under the pressure from the amount of people applying before 1 July. Reckon i'll have to get up in the middle of the night, when there is less server traffic, to complete my application.

ENS TRT stream but in a regional area so apparently there is no nomination fee.

Anyone else having trouble with the website?

Must be caving under the pressure from the amount of people applying before 1 July. Reckon i'll have to get up in the middle of the night, when there is less server traffic, to complete my application.

Website is being a complete balls.
    I rang immigration today and spoke to them about the weekend. I asked was it still available outside of work hours, could I lodge online saturday and sunday etc. I was told that it was available until midnight sunday but not to leave it until the last minute as there could be traffic issues.

I just notice on the immi website that the evisa system is down from the 28th and might not be back before july 1st. Wtf, the guy on the phone completely screwed me over.

Wow that's ****ed up, hopefully nobody misses out because of it.

I have all my documents uploaded just hope my boss gets his side of things finalised in time!! I really wish he had let me do the nomination application also.

I spent over an hour on hold with immi they seem to be a nightmare to get hold of, but I suppose its understandable with the volume of applications being submitted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Our immigration lawyer has just lodged our 186 application today. Such a relief to have it all over and done with. I never want to apply for another visa as long as I live!! Just a waiting game now I guess. Anyone know what the average waiting time is these days?

Advertisement