Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Put the game on at around 8pm last night and ended up playing for 5 hours...

I only played up to the end of chapter IV and then some replaying and tag battles to get enough cash to unlock all abilities and some items.
    I need that parry and bat within.:cool:

So far it's exactly what I wanted and has to be one of the best sequels I've ever played in terms of tightening the mechanics and streamlining everything that made the first game so great.
    The only negative so far is they ditched Angel Attack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Damn you argos! Why didn't you tell us you were selling it at this price BEFORE today...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3257702/Trail/searchtext%3EBAYONETTA.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Aidonin wrote: »
    Damn you argos! Why didn't you tell us you were selling it at this price BEFORE today...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3257702/Trail/searchtext%3EBAYONETTA.htm
    It say order for collection on the 28th I was just about to reserve it before I realised, do you know if they have it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Kicked off the download last night, but it got corrupted some how. Might have been due to the auto shutdown.

Kicked it off again this morning, should be finished downloading when I am done with work.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

iamtony wrote: »
    It say order for collection on the 28th I was just about to reserve it before I realised, do you know if they have it now?

No, I just saw this on their site. Actually their stock checker shows that it's not available anywhere yet.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=325%2F7702

But for anyone that doesn't mind getting it on Tuesday, it's a very decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Aidonin wrote: »
    No, I just saw this on their site. Actually their stock checker shows that it's not available anywhere yet.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=325%2F7702

But for anyone that doesn't mind getting it on Tuesday, it's a very decent price.
    Yes good spotting! I don't know if I can wait that long I'm an impulse buyer:-) I was checking smyths and they haven't got it on their website has anybody bought it from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bayonetta didn't arrive today, looks like I will have to wait until Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Bayonetta didn't arrive today, looks like I will have to wait until Tuesday.

Same here.

I was gonna wait till xmas to play this one but seriously some of the videos on it are just jaw dropping. I dont think I'll be able to hold off tbh. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Arrived today. Special edition is now sitting in its box until tomorrow when I have the whole day off to play it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Arrived today. Special edition is now sitting in its box until tomorrow when I have the whole day off to play it!

Mind is waiting at work and though I'll be collecting it in the morning I'm not off until Monday, and that'll be a family day :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Got the special edition today, Bayonetta 1 works fine but Bayo 2 comes up as "Invalid Disc" on the Wii U. Ragin!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My copy is sitting in a Parcel Motel, will be a long day in work tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Game arrived today, but Amazon still have not taken any money from my account, has this happened to anyone before, usually when preordering they take the money out before it is shipped?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Xenji wrote: »
    Game arrived today, but Amazon still have not taken any money from my account, has this happened to anyone before, usually when preordering they take the money out before it is shipped?

Best value Bayonetta 2 yet, one that's free!

Mine hasn't arrived. Dispatched though. I checked my online banking and yup I was charged. Boooo was kinda hoping it would add to bayonettagate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Mine hasn't arrived. Dispatched though. I checked my online banking and yup I was charged. Boooo was kinda hoping it would add to bayonettagate.
    if eshop has both i get it for double points per game because theere are 2games with

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Best value Bayonetta 2 yet, one that's free!

Almost as good as the time amazon paid me to take a 256GB SSD from them. :)

Sadly this time they have taken money from me for Bayo 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Exactly what I wanted from the sequel, more of the same! Ridiculous storyline. Overly sexualised protagonist. Amazing combat system.

Happy out.

so i m getting question right you all getting it because of sexy protagonist

Bayonetta arrived.

Is there any point playin the first one if I've already done so on the 360 or is a direct port?

If there's extra content or whatever I'll give it another go. Otherwise I'll go straight for number two and replay the first one when I've more time on my hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bayonetta arrived.

Is there any point playin the first one if I've already done so on the 360 or is a direct port?

If there's extra content or whatever I'll give it another go. Otherwise I'll go straight for number two and replay the first one when I've more time on my hands.

As far as I know it is a direct port, but it does have a few new costumes.

As far as I know it is a direct port, but it does have a few new costumes.

Cheers. I think I can miss a few costume changes bayonets 2 it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone who wanted to see a Playboy Playmate dressed as Bayonetta
    Playboy facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152604844574086.1073742098.6280019085&type=1

Pics are SFW (well as safe as Bayonetta pics can be). Nintendo working with Playboy? Who woulda thought that would happen? :)

Mods, please delete if inappropriate

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Playboy facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152604844574086.1073742098.6280019085&type=1

Pics are SFW (well as safe as Bayonetta pics can be). Nintendo working with Playboy? Who woulda thought that would happen? :)

she has paid for it i rather cosplayer do it for free maybe at next con

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Playboy facebook page

Seeing how well I say sex cia was in hyrule warriors I am not surprised at all :L

Seeing how well I say sex cia was in hyrule warriors I am not surprised at all :L

no games usually always make sexy girls protagonist or antiprotagonist to make men buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Every media uses good looking people to try to make the product more appealing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played the first few chapters there, and not surprisingly in the slightest it is ****ing magnificent.

My muscle memory started kicking in near instantly, and despite a few tweaks and refinements it's still there - that immensely satisfying combat system. The weight, the grace, the sheer power - Bayonetta once again shows up its competitors in the most definitive manner imaginable.

The presentation is pitch perfect. The vibrancy is frequently astounding, the art design never less that immaculate. It's one of if not the best looking game of the year, another Wii U game that proves good art beats technical limitations (not that it's a slouch in that department). The music too is delightful, its Moon River variation a suitable successor to Fly Me to the Moon (hopefully that will make its appearance).

What an opening too, dialling it up to eleven near immediately. As ever the cutscenes are a mix of hilarious and awful, but when they go for it they're an absolute blast.

Only a few hours in, but Bayonetta is back, and, what, five years later is still in a league of her own.

Played the first few chapters there, and not surprisingly in the slightest it is ****ing magnificent.

My muscle memory started kicking in near instantly, and despite a few tweaks and refinements it's still there - that immensely satisfying combat system. The weight, the grace, the sheer power - Bayonetta once again shows up its competitors in the most definitive manner imaginable.

The presentation is pitch perfect. The vibrancy is frequently astounding, the art design never less that immaculate. It's one of if not the best looking game of the year, another Wii U game that proves good art beats technical limitations (not that it's a slouch in that department). The music too is delightful, its Moon River variation a suitable successor to Fly Me to the Moon (hopefully that will make its appearance).

What an opening too, dialling it up to eleven near immediately. As ever the cutscenes are a mix of hilarious and awful, but when they go for it they're an absolute blast.

Only a few hours in, but Bayonetta is back, and, what, five years later is still in a league of her own.

Ashamed to say I have never even experianced the first game :o

Is it a must play before even considering the playing the sequal?
    BTW I don't have a Wii U but man this is a system seller by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement

It is a must play, point blank! As I said in the Nintendo forum, play them in order so you can experience them in the order intended and appreciate the tweaks and refinements this time around. You are not playing them for the story, so you could happily jump straight into the second, but you'd be denying yourself one of the best games of the last decade if you opt to skip the first.

Advertisement