Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you pose for Playboy??? *READ MOD NOTE IN POST 1#*

Options
  • 12-09-2012 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Rosanna Davison has set tongues lolling :D and wagging with her playboy Germany shoot.

Ladies, would you model for playboy if you got the chance?

MOD NOTE

This thread is in THE LADIES LOUNGE, so ensure you are aware what kind of posts are appropriate for this forum and what is likely to earn you an infraction/ban by reading tLL FORUM CHARTER.

Please also ensure you are aware THIS warning and THIS warning have already been issued and post accordingly.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Not a chance. I have no problem with other people doing it if they want but personally, the idea of strange men staring at my body makes me nauseous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Ellsbells wrote: »
    Rosanna Davison has set tongues lolling :D and wagging with her playboy Germany shoot.

Ladies, would you model for playboy if you got the chance?

Even if I had the body - which I don't - I wouldn't. I have nothing against posing nude but its not for me. I would however get some private pics taken just for my myself so I could look back in years to come and think "damn, you looked good"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

jujibee wrote: »
    Not a chance. I have no problem with other people doing it if they want but personally, the idea of strange men staring at my body makes me nauseous.

This exactly!

The only person I want to get all hot and bothered about me is my boyfriend, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

No, not because of strange men but because of people I know! :D
    Once it's published, no going back. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Madam_X wrote: »
    No, not because of strange men but because of men I know! :D
    Once it's published, no going back. :pac:

That too. I mean, good lord, if friends and family saw I would be horrified. I guess I am old fashioned :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I don't think it's old-fashioned to die a little at the thought of family/workmates/neighbours/acquaintances seeing ya naked, no matter how good your body. :D
    I feel different though about being a stripper (in a big city abroad, not Ireland :p) because that tends not to get published. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The whole concept of Playboy is seedy,tacky and sexist.Why on earth would I want my body to be associated with any of those three things?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Kinda have less respect for RD after seeing those pics today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Absolutely not.

It is tasteless and classless, no matter how much those who do it try to justify it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

panda100 wrote: »
    The whole concept of Playboy is seedy,tacky and sexist.Why on earth would I want my body to be associated with any of those three things?
    gara wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

It is tasteless and classless, no matter how much those who do it try to justify it
    I agree with Panda100 and Gara.

I wouldn't do it for all the money and diamonds in the world. I would feel sick and mortified at the thoughts of strangers all around the world seeing my body and strange men (and women!) getting some sort of sexual kick out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

riveratom wrote: »

Yeah I definitely think she is going to live to regret them. I was flinching looking at her topless and posing on the horse :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I definitely wouldn't. Firstly, the thoughts of my father/brothers finding out or seeing them would freak me out. Secondly, as someone else said, once its done you can't take it back. There'll be pictures of you in the nude circulating forever.
    Thirdly, if I have more children or grandchildren (in the future), I'd hate the thought of them googling my name and finding seedy pictures of me.
    I also don't think job prospects would be flooding in if the employers knew you had posed like that before. I think doing those sort of pictures can really limit possibilities and advancement career wise and socially, long after they're taken. They'll follow you around forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Because she was...what before this? famous for being good looking? She'll get more fame and money for this, mission accomplished.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Ellsbells wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely think she is going to live to regret them. I was flinching looking at her topless and posing on the horse :eek:

You'd just wonder what she gets from it. You're beautiful, you've got endless admiration, presumably loads of money, career opportunities, etc. You could be classy and be a Grainne Seoige type, but instead, no!

You'd just wonder what she gets from it. You're beautiful, you've got endless admiration, presumably loads of money, career opportunities, etc. You could be classy and be a Grainne Seoige type, but instead, no!

Yeah I really can't figure it out. Money must have been a draw obviously but then she is hardly stuck.

Would have thought it would be hard to move into mainstream tv presenting after that...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I wouldn't but I lolled reading the topic after my visit to my Muslim doctor today.

She was wearing a headscarf, the first time in five years that I have been seeing her that she was.

In my head I wondered was it something to do with Eid which was on recently and might still be.

So I said: "Sahar, I've never seen you in a headscarf"

We'd a great conversation and nothing to do with my visit where she recounted a story of an Irish woman, telling her she didn't understand why she (Sahar) wore the scarf (just a hair covering, no veil or anything)and Sahar telling her she didn't understand why she (the questionner) didn't understand how Sahar could never imagine being naked on a beach.

Sahar's responses would be mine in regards to this question :)

Turns out she was wearing the headscarf as usually I'm the first one in on a Saturday, I was mid appointments today and some women had their partners with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Stheno wrote: »
    We'd a great conversation and nothing to do with my visit where she recounted a story of an Irish woman, telling her she didn't understand why she (Sahar) wore the scarf (just a hair covering, no veil or anything)and Sahar telling her she didn't understand why she (the questionner) didn't understand how Sahar could never imagine being naked on a beach.

Turns out she was wearing the headscarf as usually I'm the first one in on a Saturday, I was mid appointments today and some women had their partners with them.

There's a huge difference between not understanding why someone would feel compelled to cover their head in the presence of men and posing naked for the whole world to see on Playboy

Though personally I feel one is as outdated and derogatory to women as the other

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No way. I don't know why anyone would want that really. Money I guess, but still couldn't.

Anyway my tits are too small.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

gara wrote: »
    There's a huge difference between not understanding why someone would feel compelled to cover their head in the presence of men and posing naked for the whole world to see on Playboy

Though personally I feel one is as outdated and derogatory to women as the other

To be honest, I dress quite conservatively, and I work in an environment that is male dominated, so I in part am influenced by where I work. I dress to be respected by my colleagues, treated as an equal and respected.

My doctor according to her morals/religion does the same and I respect that.

Personally I don't have much time for people who make an awful lot of money out of taking their clothes off, and not much else, it's an extension of the same thing for me, it's a lack of respect for oneself, not for the man you might marry, your family or friends, but why would you do it?
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    No way. I don't know why anyone would want that really. Money I guess, but still couldn't.

This is it for me, my body is mine, for me and my partner, not to be shared with the world.

When you think of it like that, I'm not a million miles away from my doctor, it's merely a degree of clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I can't believe her Dad was 'incredibly supportive'. That kind of freaks me out. My father would rather shoot me in the head than see my t1ts all over some lads mag for all the world to see. I'm laughing even imagining what his reaction would be.

Trashy as it is, she does look amazing and I've a feeling it's going to launch a UK and/or US career for her, much like her lovely Salpa friend. I'd say that's what she was aiming for. That and the 'six figure sum'.

And to answer the question, if I had three or four months to get into the shape of my life I probably wouldn't be averse, not that my say would matter as I'd be disowned/dumped/defriended before I'd have a chance to even consider:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Funny you say that, from the pictures, it looks like she's had a boob job, just doesn't look natural in a lying position. Boob jobs are just awful, why can't women just be happy with what they have and realize that nature trumps artificial in any conceivable scenario. Can't say I blame her, six figure sum for simply flaunting her god-given nudity...and at that, from the waist up. But, each to their own, no point trying to dissect peoples motives based upon your own opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'd pose for Playgirl for what it's worth :D

Contain yourselves ladies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

beks101 wrote: »
    I can't believe her Dad was 'incredibly supportive'. That kind of freaks me out. My father would rather shoot me in the head than see my t1ts all over some lads mag for all the world to see. I'm laughing even imagining what his reaction would be.

Trashy as it is, she does look amazing and I've a feeling it's going to launch a UK and/or US career for her, much like her lovely Salpa friend. I'd say that's what she was aiming for. That and the 'six figure sum'.

And to answer the question, if I had three or four months to get into the shape of my life I probably wouldn't be averse, not that my say would matter as I'd be disowned/dumped/defriended before I'd have a chance to even consider:D

I'd imagine he feels in someway responsible for her life going in the direction it is.. Plus, she had to stand by him when he was plastered all over the papers, when she was a child, he would be a hypocrite not to stand by her.

Is playboy still big? Maybe it is in Germany, but i don't think it has the same "audience" (for lack of a better word) that it had Globally - Pre internet.

She seems very "Topless on the Beach".. As in ...Meh.. They're not the type of pictures i could imagine getting worked up about, but i'd imagine her PR crew will do all they can.

Fair play to her, but she comes from a different lifestyle than any of the females i know. I wouldn't have the guts to display myself on any public platform, naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

So all of the ladies on here wouldn't pose for nude photos that other people could see and maybe get off to, or people you know could see.

What are your thoughts of going on holiday and sun bathing topless?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Wompa1 wrote: »
    So all of the ladies on here wouldn't pose for nude photos that other people could see and maybe get off to, or people you know could see.

What are your thoughts of going on holiday and sun bathing topless?

So long as people aren't taking pictures of me, I don't care. But I probably wouldn't sunbathe topless in the first place.

Even if people were to see me with no top on, they can't distribute it to the world telepathically. If a photo is taken, its there forever, and anyone can see it.

On a beach, only those around you would be able to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    So long as people aren't taking pictures of me, I don't care. But I probably wouldn't sunbathe topless in the first place.

Even if people were to see me with no top on, they can't distribute it to the world telepathically. If a photo is taken, its there forever, and anyone can see it.

On a beach, only those around you would be able to see.

Ok. I get it now. Was thinking if it was about people gawking at yee topless, but for you it's more about being photographed topless because that would be around forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So were Rosanna's, but she had major surgery to make them look bigger. I think this is what I find abhorrent about playboy.None of the bodies are natural. They are plasticised,waxed,plucked,tanned and oiled into an inch of their lives. They don't look like real women's bodies, they look like freaky aliens. Do men genuinly get turned on by these abnormal images of women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

shes not as perfect as pics ive seen her in person shes photo shopped to bits even my bf said it but shes still beautiful but wat shes done is tacky wud nvr do it.

Yeah they are obviously not her own but the surgeon did a good job alright. As I said I am just surprised that the pics are SO tacky - the horse, the poses and just overall she looked so tacky. It was a real page 3 shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

People have different levels of exhibitionism in them (which Stheno's posts about her doctor demonstrate perfectly) and if someone wants to do this and get paid bloody well for it, good luck.

What grinds my gears is when they try to justify a fake, re-touched, heavily styled, unnatural photo shoot like this ... which is simply a well-paid, personal choice with a view to furthering a career ... and try to turn it into some kind of feminist statement.
    Davison, who has a sociology degree from UCD, is aware of the feminist view of Playboy as a misogynistic publication, but said women were at the forefront of her mind when she agreed to do it.

“I felt a responsibility towards other women and I did wonder whether it was the right thing to do . . . I felt like it was more of a celebration of a woman’s body – it’s nothing to be embarrassed about, nothing to hide.”

:rolleyes:

If you're not embarrassed about it, be honest and admit the real reasons for doing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement