Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICC T20 World Cup

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

booth70 wrote: »
    Time for Dhoni to be sacked as Indian captain......they needed to defend 121 today and who does he bowl....Rohit Sharma ahead of his premier spinner Ashwin:mad::mad:

Hopefully the likes of Gambhir and Sehwag never play a T20 international for India again

Both India and SA have been hopeless all tournament and have been rightfully sent packing

So it will be Aus v WI and Pakistan v SL.....The best four teams are in the semi finals IMHO

I disagree. Were just class apart against England and Pak. Won against SA, struggled a bit against Afghanistan. Apart from the match against Aussies, India played well in this WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

I had my money on Australia until today:(.......if Watson and Warner go early the rest don't seem to have a clue

You can say all you want about Pakistan but they have now qualified for their 4th semifinal in a row.....have the potential to beat SL and win the whole thing

West Indies need Gayle to fire and fire big and I think their best chance of winning against Australia would be if they chase rather than defend a total

SL.....perennial finalists in recent world cups...2007,2008,2011...but maybe their time has finally come to win

Too close to call I reckon;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

4 teams left now little bit on all four here : http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=403885

pakistan can cause an upset, judging from womans game this will be one for spinners again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Some last over there. 25 off it.

Aussies need 206. Not sure they'll do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Rascasse wrote: »
    Some last over there. 25 off it.

Aussies need 206. Not sure they'll do it.

Fantastic batting, and hopefully it will be enough.

• Advertisement

All over now with the Aussies 6 down.

Hopefully Gayle plays like that in the final.

That was shambolic from Australia:(.....the two matches that Watson failed in they got hammered in both

SL v WI should be a good final though....as a neutral I want both teams to win:)

I think I want the Windies to win the t20, but would a win be to the detriment of the other forms of the game there I wonder? Particularly with Gayles disinterest in the longer forms for so long. It would be a shame if there was NEVER going to be the prospect of seeing a ferocious West Indian Test team if they put all their eggs in the T20 basket. I suppose the "glass full" answer would be any tournament win for them would reinvigorate the whole of cricket there.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just been watching the replay. I'm just delighted to see the Windies doing so well. Hopefully this gives them a base for other forms of the game, and will encourage a new generation of players to come through.

I reckon Gayle is likely to play in the final even if injured - he showed himself capable of incredible shots even when carrying the injury today

Horrible innings so far from SL. Quality bowling and fielding from Windies.

West Indies were my favorite to win this at the start but took to the semis to get going. They really do know how to play T20 - if only they could play the longer formats to the same standard.

• Advertisement

Rascasse wrote: »
    Horrible innings so far from SL. Quality bowling and fielding from Windies.

West Indies were my favorite to win this at the start but took to the semis to get going. They really do know how to play T20 - if only they could play the longer formats to the same standard.

Or even try as hard.

32/2 after 10 overs winning the toss and batting first......I thought the Windies were dead and buried then but that was the mother of all turnarounds

Superb innings from Samuels who has really been their star player all year in all forms of the game

Well done the West Indies:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

booth70 wrote: »
    32/2 after 10 overs winning the toss and batting first......I thought the Windies were dead and buried then but that was the mother of all turnarounds

Superb innings from Samuels who has really been their star player all year in all forms of the game

Well done the West Indies:):)

Exaclty this, i left the house to go watch the ManUtd Newcastle game, read the result last night and nearly fell off the chair. amazing stuff!

Advertisement