Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICC T20 World Cup

Options
  • 08-09-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

I know Sky will show it live as usual but does anyone know if highlights of the matches will be shown on any of the terrestrial channels?:(

If we get anything close to yesterday's match between Australia and Pakistan it should be a cracker of a world cup:)

Sri Lanka start favourites I reckon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Well I guess we have to be favourites to win our first game now :p

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-australia-2012/content/current/story/581389.html

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

came across a good article here http://gamblerfalls.com/icc-t20-world-cup-betting-preview/
    gives you squads aswell which is good for people like me who don't know each team well

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice start for Ireland, thumping Zimbabwae in a warm up match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

KevIRL wrote: »
    Nice start for Ireland, thumping Zimbabwae in a warm up match

Yep, all going along nicely - but T20 is so hit and miss, it's impossible to say with any certainty how any of the games are going to go - that's what makes it so exciting! I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

Delighted George Dockrell won the Affiliate Player of the Year award today. He has been an immense bowler for Ireland and is just 20 years of age. How good is he going to be.

Ireland are really upping their game in this T20, all players are fully fit and by all accounts ( from reading Kevin O'Briens Blog etc) have never been as focused, fully fit, or as experienced as they are now.

I just can't wait to see Ireland in action in the T20 World Cup. I think so many players will surprise us. I think Niall O' Brien will have a huge tournament as well as Paul Stirling and Gary Wilson. It be interesting to see how Porterfield and Boyd Rankin do. Especially Rankin. As his last turnout for Ireland he has little to prove to us as Irish supporters, but to future England selectors he has a lot on his plate.

My tip for Irish person of the tournament will have to be Niall O'Brien. being just one ball off a century for Northamptonshire coming into the tournament, I fell (Niall) has yet to show his true class on the Ireland stage unlike younger brother Kevin.

Kevin is lucky in a way as no one expects a repeat of Bangalore from him. For that reason and him being vice captain I reckon the Irish team, on paper looking fighting fit and we are set for a very good Irish turnout. Considering the size of our squad getting a result from any team will be tough, but I believe we will see some of the best Irish Cricket performances to date happen in the Sri Lanka T20 World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Very handy win for Sri Lanka today over Zimbabwae, winning by 82 runs an absolute landslide in T20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

KevIRL wrote: »
    Very handy win for Sri Lanka today over Zimbabwae, winning by 82 runs an absolute landslide in T20.

Poor fielding by Zimbabwae - you can't win a game like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What time does the Ireland game actually start? I'm in college so I'll be looking for a stream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What time does the Ireland game actually start? I'm in college so I'll be looking for a stream

Coverage starts at 11:00 but the game begins at 11:30.

Oops!! The game starts at 11:00!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Particularly horrible kit the Aussies have got. Zero crowd or atmosphere, hope the tournament fills up a bit later on into it.

• Advertisement

Terrible start for Ireland 0 for 1 already.

Anyone know where I can watch this online?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

2 down for ireland now, 16 runs on the board, 4 over gone, not a good start at all

Ed Joyce picking it up a bit, he needs to stay in for a while and score well

Ed Joyce picking it up a bit, he needs to stay in for a while and score well

Gone, going to struggle to get to 100 the way things are going

Anyone know where I can watch this online?

PM sent.

Another one down. 33 for 4 after 7.2

4 down for 33 now.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Gyalist wrote: »
    PM sent.

Can you PM me the link as well? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Streams to be sent by PM only - thank you for your cooperation so far.

Only legal streams can be shared on boards.ie - we do not support or condone copyright violation.

• Advertisement

Kevin O'Brien doing a good job so far, hopefully he can bat through.

Edit: there goes Niall for 20

Edit 2: Scratch that, both O'Briens gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

6 down, not looking good :(

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Gyalist wrote: »
    PM sent.

Can you PM me the link as well? :p

Done.

123-7 in the end, not a good score but I'm actually pretty satisfied with it, I thought we were on for an embarrassment after the early stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

To get to that total after 33-4 inside 8 overs is great but really have no chance of holding Australia off

We could be on for a 10 wicket defeat here..

Edit:Dockrell with the breakthrough a few minutes later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Who is the Aussie commentator? He just said "That's very 'Irish', being 20 and playing in a under 19s World Cup".

Nice to see an empty stadium. Didn't that happen in the West Indies too? Charging €40 a ticket in a developing country leaves you with an empty stadiums and no atmosphere. Lets hope they learn the lesson before Bangladesh in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Rascasse wrote: »
    Who is the Aussie commentator? He just said "That's very 'Irish', being 20 and playing in a under 19s World Cup".

Nice to see an empty stadium. Didn't that happen in the West Indies too? Charging €40 a ticket in a developing country leaves you with an empty stadiums and no atmosphere. Lets hope they learn the lesson before Bangladesh in 2 years.

In fairness to Sri Lanka the ticket prices are very very cheap, I was thinking of going and I think the second best tickets were like €8, maybe €15 at most for the best and that's for a double header too.

That dopey Oz commentator should have checked the rules for the under-19 WC before coming out with that, think a few of his countrymen were the same age as Dockrell too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

When England played earlier in the year they were charging £25 a ticket to the tourists and £2.50 a ticket to the locals. England fans were up in arms over the disparity but to me it makes sense for the rich to support the poor.

The ICC know that these are poor countries so why not in the first round let people in for €1 or €2. Seems pointless playing in empty stadiums.

• Advertisement

Afghanistan versus India now, anyone else following? Afghanistan have taken a wicket already, I'd love for them to go on and put in a good performance or even get a win.

Advertisement