Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Murphy memorial marathon and ultras 18/11

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

jcunniffe wrote: »
    Results are now up.

Notes
    (1) Tie @ 9h00m35s in the 52.4mile. Too close to separate on chip data. I was standing in line with the leading edge of the finish line. While the lady was certainly moving somewhat faster than the gentleman approaching the finish line, they appeared to cross the line together. I will suggest photo-finish equipment be employed at next year's event.

Anto, you Jammy Git :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Results are now up.

Notes
    (1) Tie @ 9h00m35s in the 52.4mile. Too close to separate on chip data. I was standing in line with the leading edge of the finish line. While the lady was certainly moving somewhat faster than the gentleman approaching the finish line, they appeared to cross the line together. I will suggest photo-finish equipment be employed at next year's event.

(2) Sprint for the win in the 30 miler was much more clear cut.
    id gladly give a second to the lady

menoscemo wrote: »
    Anto, you Jammy Git :D
    im liking my marathon time,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ultraman1 wrote: »
    im liking my marathon time,,,,

Looks like we need another stewards enquiry cos that's a lot faster than you measured on your Garmin. I'd say you still have another lap to do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Looks like we need another stewards enquiry cos that's a lot faster than you measured on your Garmin. I'd say you still have another lap to do :p
    Those results are all over the camp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

(2) Sprint for the win in the 30 miler was much more clear cut.

Still only 1 second in it!

I can't believe I finished with a 6:16 mile. I usually run the last mile of a 5k slower than that!

I'll get over it .... eventually :D

#
    id say u fcukd up wit ur pean luah and paper:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Still only 1 second in it!

I can't believe I finished with a 6:16 mile. I usually run the last mile of a 5k slower than that!

I'll get over it .... eventually :D
    I lost money in you. And I thought Germans were strong nuts

I lost money in you. And I thought Germans were strong nuts

Should have put money on a German, then!!!!

I more alarmed by the fact he said he lost his money in you. :P

• Advertisement

Double marathon for me. Have caught a chest infection from the attrocious weather. Id say from personal experience i found that as tough a a flat 100k. Great organisation as usual down in sixmilebridge but the weather gods were not good this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lukeeman

It was my first time racing this race and i have to say a BIG thank you to the organisers,marshall's and fellow runners for making a terrible weather day,
    A great running day. Personally 13 mins slower than Dublin marathon, but still happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭runningcoach

Just want to say a huge thanks to all who took part on Sunday in the various races. Not alone did the runners battle threw the conditions but they have also inspired more people from our area to take up running.

As organisers we were very concerned how things would pan out with the Hurling Final on at the same time. Thankfully we got over that hurdle on the day .

I have to thank all the marshals and Civil defense for all their work on Sunday , it was a long day and if it was not for them the races could not have taken place / continued.

I know for the size of the entrants list we had a relatively high no of DNF's - it certainly took from the organisers day to request people to stop but our rule is that runners safety has to come first.

This years Spirit of Eddie award goes to Meno for all the event work he did on the day without a iota of complaint (those who know Niall may find that hard to believe but it is true :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

This years Spirit of Eddie award goes to Meno for all the event work he did on the day without a iota of complaint (those who know Niall may find that hard to believe but it is true :D).

You should have heard what he was calling you tom when he was out marshalling up by the gaa pitch. You wouldn't be so quick to compliment him ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Absolutely well deserved. Congrats Meno:)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

German or not TB ..... you left it behind you ... dose of the trotts and all .:D.. your man was slowing down a lot ... your pace seemed to be up and down a lot throughout the race.... a more steady approach and you had it at your ease......

sorry i missed out on it this year.only getting back into things after DCM:D. i like running in a drop of rain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see the 30mile finish-and trust me, TB had no more to give as he crossed the line.Kudos to both runners,it was all out sprinting,I'd like to have seen the last 100m split:)

jonny99 wrote: »
    I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see the 30mile finish-and trust me, TB had no more to give as he crossed the line.Kudos to both runners,it was all out sprinting,I'd like to have seen the last 100m split:)

No, he's right, I could have won the race but f*cked it up - not in the sprint finish, but in the first 25 miles. My bad. It won't happen again.

Still, how many people can say that they were involved in a genuine sprint finish for the win at the end of an ultra marathon? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

No, he's right, I could have won the race but f*cked it up - not in the sprint finish, but in the first 25 miles. My bad. It won't happen again.

Still, how many people can say that they were involved in a genuine sprint finish for the win at the end of an ultra marathon? :D

Just saw this on flickr.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/seaniepower/8198514770/

Is this the famous sprint finish?

Yes, though I remember it being much closer than that. Either the camera angle or my memory are being funny.

There are a couple more photos on my race report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Great report Thomas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Great report Thomas. :)
    Personally I love to see the chubby lads beating the skinny lads. Seemed like he backed off if he was running 8 min miles and had the beatings of a lad in a sprint. As you said yourself Thomas you messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Have we a 2013 date yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Have we a 2013 date yet ?

Probably waiting for the long term weather predictions to find the coldest, wettest, windiest day of the year, so as not to make the course too easy. :D

Advertisement