Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Murphy memorial marathon and ultras 18/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭runningcoach

dev123 wrote: »
    Hi Tom, just to let you know that I havnt received any confirmation regarding change of start time. Not sure if you have sent anything yet but if you have there may be others who don't check in here on a regular basis that may need to be notified. See you sunday

Thanks Paul for the heads up. On the entry info some people had not entered their mobile nos so we are getting in contact with them on email etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Thanks Paul for the heads up. On the entry info some people had not entered their mobile nos so we are getting in contact with them on email etc.

Hi Tom,
    I just got the SMS with the new time for the HM, and it says that it's now starting at 13:00 - not 12:00 as mentioned here previously.

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    Hi Tom,
    I just got the SMS with the new time for the HM, and it says that it's now starting at 13:00 - not 12:00 as mentioned here previously.

Correct time is 12 start for HM.

SMS was incorrect for HM Only. SMS notification for the other races was correct.

Another SMS for half marathon entrants will be sent this pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

b.harte wrote: »
    blah...blah...blah... chest infection....blah...blah...blah...
    On the mend now, blah...blah...blah...
    I'm aiming for a top 20 finish in the double.....:D
    but I'll settle just for a finish.:o:o
    blah...blah...blah...
    See you all there.
    :(:(:(:(:(
    Damn me and my forever taunting post
    Looks like I'm not even going to get that now.
    Still feeling the effects of chesty badness, went for a test run :eek::eek::eek:
    Nearly wrecked me.
    So going to take the hard sensible decision and withdraw.

Looking forward to next year instead :D

Good luck to everyone, gutted I won't be there.

Bertie

On a lighter note, no more crazy distance runs for me this year.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

DOH! Cant believe I missed this thread.
    Just wondering if there is a loo or portaloo on the circuit somewhere handy?:o

• Advertisement

DOH! Cant believe I missed this thread.
    Just wondering if there is a loo or portaloo on the circuit somewhere handy?:o

Yes Finn Toilet at the start - finish area that you will be passing 52 times:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Yes Finn Toilet at the start - finish area that you will be passing 52 times:D

warning....,oisin will also be passin it 52 times,chances are u may have to hold ur breath if the pub manages to source his famous night before meal of Tripe and onions

ultraman1 wrote: »
    warning....,oisin will also be passin it 52 times,chances are u may have to hold ur breath the pub manages to source his famous night before meal of Tripe and onions

Oh thats ok/ As long as he isnt spending half the day in there with Ken I reckon I can hold in at either end :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Well done to all the organisers, volunteers and locals today. The weather was sh!te but they managed to keep cheering lap after lap. I feel guilty only doing the half but I was glad to get out of the rain by the end. Will definitely be back next year. Well done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

The rain was heavy, the wind strong, and the hill got harder each lap. And it was cold.
    But the stewards were great, as was the organisation, and the runners were friendly.
    I did the HM as well. Couldn't run any further. Guilt is not one of the feelings I'm having now. :)

Well done to all involved.

And fair play to the stewards. It must have been easier running than standing out in that weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Great day today despite the weather.
    I managed to get roped into stewarding and got soaked and frozen to the bone :o Thouroughly enjoyed it though :D

Some great finishes today, including the sprint finish for the 30 mile race.

Finish of the day however has to go to hottotrot who manged to take ultraman1 by surprise by sneaking up in the home straight to pip him to the finish on the double marathon by about 2 feet. :)
    At one stage I think Anto was about 6 miles ahead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

menoscemo wrote: »
    Some great finishes today, including the sprint finish for the 30 mile race.

That's easy for you to say. ;)
    I'll have nightmares about that one for years to come! :rolleyes:

I still can't quite believe a 30 mile race came down to 1 second in the end!

That's easy for you to say. ;)
    I'll have nightmares about that one for years to come! :rolleyes:

I still can't quite believe a 30 mile race came down to 1 second in the end!

When I was calling out the splits to you, I had no idea you had only a few laps left. That toilet break really cost you ;)

When I was calling out the splits to you, I had no idea you had only a few laps left. That toilet break really cost you ;)

I ran at least a minute per mile faster after that break! Ah well....

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

and the fact you slowed down for me to chat for a few seconds:eek:

That was at mile 5!

In truth I lost the race not at mile 5 or my stop at mile 26 or the sprint finish, but between miles 20 and 26 when I slowed down considerably and lost a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Whatever about the times we got or the finishes we had we have to acknowledge the work of the Clare Civil Defense and the stewards from B.M.O.H running club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

ray i have your mobile phone charger, ill give it to paul brunnock next week when he is up in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    ray i have your mobile phone charger, ill give it to paul brunnock next week when he is up in dublin
    there was a charger already plugged in when we got into the room,so ya can keep it now,nice to meet you yesterday,your one hardy lad.

Finish of the day however has to go to hottotrot who nearly manged to take ultraman1
    fixded dat for u...

• Advertisement

well done to tom and the BMOH's for puttin on the race ,the marshalls were great standin in dat rain and hail yesterday,dishin out support and keepin the GAA traffic at bay,id say a few of dem will be out sick for a few days with extreme manflu....tuffest race on the calender,,,

ultraman1 wrote: »
    fixded dat for u...

I am not so sure. 2 witnesses say she chicked you on the line. I will leave it up to the official results to decide....

Full credit to all those who contributed to making this race , a race worth running even in dreadful conditions.

The truth about the finish line is that ... I was closing on Ultraman and making faster speed towards the finish line so that we all finished together but as there was a congratulatory arm thrust out across the front of my face, I had to hold back a millisecond:rolleyes:
    :D:D Didnt we do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Any results posted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 grizzlynorris

What a race..

How those stewards kept up with the clapping and encouragement for so long i do not know. They should race the next time..
    52 miles around and around and around and around.. that little hill gets in on you after a while..
    Can't wait until next year.. Even with the cold and wet you guys made it very special.

Hats off to a great bunch of people..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

It was a fantastic day out. Regardless of the distance or weather conditions, once the marshals cheer you on and keep the spirits up, it makes the race all the more enjoyable. Great to see all the regular faces again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 archie72

yip, great event, well organised, the poor steward near the church car park, she looked so frozen that i felt warm!!, does anyone know when and where the results will be posted

later tonight according to BMOH facebook page

http://www.redtagtiming.com/

full ,half and 30 miler up now,,,,think ders a stewards inquiry in the double:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcunniffe

Results are now up.

Notes
    (1) Tie @ 9h00m35s in the 52.4mile. Too close to separate on chip data. I was standing in line with the leading edge of the finish line. While the lady was certainly moving somewhat faster than the gentleman approaching the finish line, they appeared to cross the line together. I will suggest photo-finish equipment be employed at next year's event.

(2) Sprint for the win in the 30 miler was much more clear cut.

Advertisement