Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Murphy memorial marathon and ultras 18/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

Any idea when entries will close for this?

Gonig to miss DCM due to an injury and I'm still waiting to see if I will be ready to run this.
    there still taking entries on runireland,its only 25 euro for the marathon,first 100 entries,so it wont be long before it closes:),sorry to hear your out of dublin marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Finally got my act together and signed up for the HM.

I'm going to sign up for Movember as well - ties in well with this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭runningcoach

On line Entries for the Eddie Murphy Memorial Races will close on Monday (5pm) November 5th. No Entries will be taken on the Day , please register by Monday to avoid disappointment if you wish to take part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

lookin forward to this,,,,wat goodies are available to eat on the loop,,eammo says dere was bbq every 4 laps,and some italian dude dishin out capochinos,i assume its the same for this year....though ill only have water..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ultraman1 wrote: »
    lookin forward to this,,,,wat goodies are available to eat on the loop,,eammo says dere was bbq every 4 laps,and some italian dude dishin out capochinos,i assume its the same for this year....though ill only have water..

What - no mars bars or chocolate cake ? You not taking this seriously ? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

There was Anto, they had a big pig turning on a spit, you just helped yourself to a couple of slices as you went past.

I think Frank robbed a school Tuck Shop he had that much sweets and crisps in a big box. He didn't trust anyone with it, so he carried it the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Aimman wrote: »

There was Anto, they had a big pig turning on a spit, you just helped yourself to a couple of slices as you went past.

I think Frank robbed a school Tuck Shop he had that much sweets and crisps in a big box. He didn't trust anyone with it, so he carried it the whole time.
    Had about 20 chocolate bars with me, yum yum :-)

u can get a pace band for any distance here http://www.marathonguide.com/fitnesscalcs/PaceBandCreator.cfm

perfect for any of the distances on sat...

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

the 52.4 pace band will be like a tattoo sleeve:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

u can get a pace band for any distance here http://www.marathonguide.com/fitnesscalcs/PaceBandCreator.cfm

perfect for any of the distances on sat...

Why, what are you planning to do on Saturday?

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Why, what are you planning to do on Saturday?
    will time the drive down....

Thanks to all for registering - we are now SOLD OUT.

Please note no entries will be processed on the day under any circumstances ( Course is 1 mile loop and we want to avoid over congestion for particapants ).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Thanks to all for registering - we are now SOLD OUT.

How many entries have you got for each distance, if I may ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

How many entries have you got for each distance, if I may ask?
    I heard 20 for the double marathon

120 breakdown as follows

20 for the Double Marathon
    50 for the Marathon
    25 for 30 miler
    25 for Half Marathon

*up 50 entrants from last year*

I've got a shot at a top 25 finish! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

I've been sick the last few weeks with a chest infection, taking it nice and easy and avoiding the temptation to go out running (and wrecking my wife's head being stuck at home).
    On the mend now, a longer rest that I wanted.
    Means I'll be well rusty for Sunday.
    I'm aiming for a top 20 finish in the double.....:D
    but I'll settle just for a finish.:o:o
    Early drive down for me.
    And first long run in my flo-glo yellow pegasus as my normal ones have gone end of life.
    See you all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

Well am looking frward to it and hoping I wont need my hi - viz n head torch, wanna b home b4 dark falls :eek:

In case any particapant did not receive race day info email sent last Friday from BMOH please note the following info
    Race Number and Chip collection
    Race Nos and Chips can be collected on Sunday morning from 6.30am onwards at the Marquee in the grounds of The Bridge Complex (located across from the soccer pitch )

Race Start Time and Start Point
    Double marathon 07.00 (On Heartbreak hill alongside Primary School)
    30 Miler 11.00 (Creche Car Park)
    Marathon 12.00 (Far end of Cappa Road opposite Beachwood Grove)
    Half Marathon 2pm (Cappa Road)

For anyone that has been given authorisation to start earlier than their race time - please ask to speak with Deirdre at registration

*Races will start on time please arrive in plenty of time to avoid disappointment*

Changing Rooms and Showers
    These are available at the GAA Facility on the Cappa Road (please note Sixmilebridge has 2 GAA facilities )

PARKING

Parking is available in the GAA facility located on the Cappa Road and we are requesting participant's to use that facility in order to avoid any inconvenience to local residents. Please note the car park where the finish area is located will not be open for parking on the day.

AID Stations
    This is located on the start of each lap at the marquee. Each Race will have a designated table(s) for your drinks , Gels etc ,While the Double marathon runners will have a designated Tent for gear , etc.

Race Briefing
    This takes place 15 mins before the start of each race and all participant's are requested to attend. Race director Richiewill give the briefing for the 30 miler, Marathon & Half while I will be on hand to go through the briefing with the double marathon participant's.

In case any particapant did not receive race day info email sent last Friday from BMOH please note the following info
    Race Number and Chip collection
    Race Nos and Chips can be collected on Sunday morning from 6.30am onwards at the Marquee in the grounds of The Bridge Complex (located across from the soccer pitch )

Race Start Time and Start Point
    Double marathon 07.00 (On Heartbreak hill alongside Primary School)
    30 Miler 11.00 (Creche Car Park)
    Marathon 12.00 (Far end of Cappa Road opposite Beachwood Grove)
    Half Marathon 2pm (Cappa Road)

For anyone that has been given authorisation to start earlier than their race time - please ask to speak with Deirdre at registration

*Races will start on time please arrive in plenty of time to avoid disappointment*

Changing Rooms and Showers
    These are available at the GAA Facility on the Cappa Road (please note Sixmilebridge has 2 GAA facilities )

PARKING

Parking is available in the GAA facility located on the Cappa Road and we are requesting participant's to use that facility in order to avoid any inconvenience to local residents. Please note the car park where the finish area is located will not be open for parking on the day.

AID Stations
    This is located on the start of each lap at the marquee. Each Race will have a designated table(s) for your drinks , Gels etc ,While the Double marathon runners will have a designated Tent for gear , etc.

Race Briefing
    This takes place 15 mins before the start of each race and all participant's are requested to attend. Race director Richiewill give the briefing for the 30 miler, Marathon & Half while I will be on hand to go through the briefing with the double marathon participant's.

Thanks for that. The email had gone to spam for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

I am hearing rumours of amended start times. Anyone else hear this. Marathon is now starting at 11am?

gtothek wrote: »
    I am hearing rumours of amended start times. Anyone else hear this. Marathon is now starting at 11am?

Due to a GAA match taking place in the Village on Sunday afternoon we have amended the start times as follows

Double - still starts at 7am
    30 Miler - now starts at 10 am
    Marathon - now starts at 11 am
    Half Marathon - now starts at 12pm

All particapants will be getting a txt asap to confirm the above.

wat drinks are on the loop T?

wat drinks are on the loop T?

Water with limited amount of powerade.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Best of luck to everyone on Sunday. Great event and really enjoyed it last year. First venture into the ultra scene. Unfortunately still not back on the road so won't make it up there Sunday.

Water with limited amount of powerade.
    better drink it all b4 the 30miler starts so;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

While the Double marathon runners will have a designated Tent for gear , etc.
    So I take it, there will be no doping checks after the race :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck all. Enjoy the race. Won't make it as I have XC duties to attend to.

Make sure yee raise a glass pint of guinness and a packet of tayto to our Eddie when you've finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Aimman wrote: »
    So I take it, there will be no doping checks after the race :D

Not unless you finish in the top 3 again;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Due to a GAA match taking place in the Village on Sunday afternoon we have amended the start times as follows

Double - still starts at 7am
    30 Miler - now starts at 10 am
    Marathon - now starts at 11 am
    Half Marathon - now starts at 12pm

All particapants will be getting a txt asap to confirm the above.

Hi Tom, just to let you know that I havnt received any confirmation regarding change of start time. Not sure if you have sent anything yet but if you have there may be others who don't check in here on a regular basis that may need to be notified. See you sunday

Advertisement