Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus ad - D4 girl

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

old hippy wrote: »
    Some of us can't drive, mind

And?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't mind getting the bus. I could drive all over the show, but the petrol/parking costs would be a bomb like. Bus ticket is 86 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd like to see an ad for Dublin bus which includes the upper deck of the 40.

**** buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yawns wrote: »
    Was just about to type this. The local bus service is supposed to be every 15 mins at peak times. You'd be lucky to get one within 90 mins and when it does arrive, it's 3 of them together. Same bus number, same destination.

I needed to go into town today. The cost of fare for myself and the partner far exceeded the fuel cost and parking charges for us to take the car. So we took the car and had some decent comfort. **** off Dublin Bus.

Too true. I have a bus stop right outside my door, it couldn't be any more convenient. Except that the bus rarely shows up when it is supposed to (even the real-time App is just a joke to get you thinking the bus is coming, loads of false dawns but no bus). The GPS and real time technology should have put a stop to the frequent practice of two drivers leaving the terminus at the same time so they can get their run done quicker and add a few minutes to their lunch break. But it hasn't because the supervisors ain't supervising.

Bought myself a motorbike which is cheaper to drive into town that the €2.15 fare. And I can use the bus lanes. And I can park it virtually anywhere. For free.

So fcuk off Dublin Bus, either provide a service or privatise the lot of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

EnterNow wrote: »
    And?

And... some of us have to use public transport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

old hippy wrote: »
    And... some of us have to use public transport

Learn to drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

RATM wrote: »
    Bought myself a motorbike which is cheaper to drive into town that the €2.15 fare. And I can use the bus lanes. And I can park it virtually anywhere. For free.

So fcuk off Dublin Bus, either provide a service or privatise the lot of it.

can't wait til a Garda pulls you in for using a bus lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Fizman wrote: »
    That's you in the ad isn't it?

Ok Ok it's me in the ad....:o:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

MagicSean wrote: »
    Learn to drive

I think I'll stick with public transport, thanks. Too many smug types driving cars for my liking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭roadrunner16

Augmerson wrote: »
    Who the **** makes up this ****? Why can't they just advertise this - "safe, reliable and cheap - Dublin Bus - your no. 1 transport system!"....

safe reliable and cheap, I don't think thats exactly playing to their strengths !! , they should say something along the lines of ,

"Dublin bus ....cause you don't have a car"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Just moved to Dublin... And this horrid service really does hold the city back. Not only do I have to walk twenty minutes(from my centrally located home) to get a bus to a reasonably popular destination, but then wait another twenty minutes for the f.cking thing to arrive.

It really is not hard to organise a decent public transport service... but we can't do it right. Sums the country up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

can't wait til a Garda pulls you in for using a bus lane

You will be waiting a long time, most cops encourage motorbikes to use buslanes as it is safer for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The Dublin Bus ads look like something done by a work experience student in the 1980s.

This is from Denmark, now this is how it should be done in the 21st century :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Ghandee wrote: »
    Now many D4 girls does it take to change a light bulb?

Three.
    One to go get her daddy to do it for her, and and the other two, to bitch about her when she's gone!

PM me that punchline Ghandee, someone got to it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

ncdadam wrote: »
    PM me that punchline Ghandee, someone got to it.....

You drag select it with your mouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

This thread still going.

The best ad ever,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

BUS WANKERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's a clever ad.

They want to get people out of their cars and on to the bus. Most born city dwellers are ok with public transport, they have used it since they were kids.

Depicting stereotypical city slickers spurning public transport encourages people who don't like stereotypical city slickers in to using public transport!

The whole campaign is not aimed at "D4" types at all (they use public transport), it's aimed at your typical moved to the city, drive home every weekend, drive to and from work every day set that find it hard to get out of the car and in to the bus, bike, LUAS, DART etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The ad is doing it's job, as in targeting people who don't use buses. The only problem is that buses in Dublin are shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt you, but anyone know when the 46A is due, I'm ****ing freezing out here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Hey OP, cheers for uploading that - this is one of the Youtube links... What the fook?!!

I like the sound effects quite a bit, especially the, "Oh Jesus, the traffic's terrible" around 8 minutes in (and no, I haven't watched 8 minutes' worth - I just skipped around the timeline).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Didn't think the bus could get worse, till I started taking the 142 to rathmines for the past 3 mornings. Never doing it again. Those adverts are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

When I saw this ad first time I thought....... Yes I would. Didnt even know it was about buses. When I see the add again I still think.... Yes I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Colmustard wrote: »
    But now everyone knows Compare is an insurance company they have achieved brand awareness and that works.

When someone is looking for insurance and they open the yellow pages or whatever they see Compare are aware what it is and some give it a ring.

You know the business name is "Go Compare" right? ;)

I know that most people know that they're using actors, but still don't like the way the YouTube copy reads like they've just interviewed people on the street:
    At Dublin Bus we've been making improvements to our service. In light of these changes we interviewed some commuters around our city. Check out Derek, Aoife and Steve's thoughts on the bus or play our game through our Facebook page, DublinBusNews, and be in with a chance to win a Leap Card packed with €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭EclipsiumRasa

I might feel better about Dublin Bus advertising if they either had competition or integrated ticketing across all public transport.

Since they've effectively a monopoly its less like advertising and more like outright propaganda. They get handed market dominance and then they go mock the only real alternative anyone has?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

DB need to get their house in order before they start with this type of advertising.

Advertisement