Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus ad - D4 girl

Options
  • 04-09-2012 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

This has to be the most annoying ****in ad on television, what are Dublin bus thinking putting this kind of crap onto our television screens?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Feel sorry for yer one that done the ad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

dttq wrote: »
    what are Dublin bus thinking putting this kind of crap onto our television screens?

She make, make, make my, my, my pee-pee go hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Affectionately know as "The Bus B.itch" around my way.

Hey type need a slapa da face!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

which town?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

It's...yeah it's rubbish. I'd cringe if I saw this back in 2006, but now? Not really sure what the point is. Dublyn loike or summit? Rubbish. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Now many D4 girls does it take to change a light bulb?

Three.
    One to go get her daddy to do it for her, and and the other two, to bitch about her when she's gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

theteal wrote: »
    which town?

Carlow.....hence why it's an ad for Dublin Bus....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

So that's the infamous "faux American" accent? Needs quite a bit of work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Who the **** makes up this ****? Why can't they just advertise this - "safe, reliable and cheap - Dublin Bus - your no. 1 transport system!"....

It's **** yeah. She'd still win an IFTA (:D) if she was on Fair City though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Is that an actual Dublin Bus ad? It looks like a crap Youtube spoof that some muppet filmed with their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Augmerson wrote: »
    Who the **** makes up this ****? Why can't they just advertise this - "safe, reliable and cheap - Dublin Bus - your no. 1 transport system!"....

Cuz its neither safe nor reliable or cheap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I guess the alternative advertisement showing a load of junkies shouting " 'story bud" from the back upstairs window wasn't much of an incentive for people to give up their cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

It would be a little bit unfair on the yanks in fairness, lumping them in with muppets like that, and there are many of them around Dublin these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

"Clampers... ewwwww"

Don't know anyone who talks like that I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Oh the horror.

*clinches pearls*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Come to think of it, wonder what the Northsider version of the ad would be..

Some junkie, hopping onto the bus with the tunes blaring down the back of the bus. Maybe an ad asking folk like him to pay the correct fare or even the fare in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Coz you're not allowed lie in ads these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Why are these ads even on tv. Has anyone actually decided that "Hey, i think i might start getting the bus instead of driving!". Dublin Bus prices are rising to ridiculous levels, yet they are still putting out frivolous ads.

The point of advertising is to attract more custom and a successful advertising campaign will usually mean a bump in business. Are Dublin Bus receiving a bump in business compared to this time last year? I will hazard a guess at no. Pointless waste of money.

Actually, ye know what? It reminds me of the kind of ****e they'd but together on The Apprentice.

The sort of thing Breffny would think is "brillo!" :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

"Clampers... ewwwww"

Don't know anyone who talks like that I must say
    the alternative

junkies....ewwwww.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Was just about to type this. The local bus service is supposed to be every 15 mins at peak times. You'd be lucky to get one within 90 mins and when it does arrive, it's 3 of them together. Same bus number, same destination.

I needed to go into town today. The cost of fare for myself and the partner far exceeded the fuel cost and parking charges for us to take the car. So we took the car and had some decent comfort. **** off Dublin Bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

She is getting the reaction the director and the advertisers wanted.

People

She's a good actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

And how are we supposed to get a Dublin Bus bashing thread out of an ad like that? :confused:

Oh wait, now I see...... :p

Colmustard wrote: »

People

She's a good actor.

There's always one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Colmustard wrote: »

People

She's a good actor.

Sorry Colm Ustard, I would think their objective is to get people who don't use buses to start.
    Talking about a ridiculous advert for is not the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

ArtSmart wrote: »
    the alternative

junkies....ewwwww.
    This works better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Why can't they just advertise this - "safe, reliable and cheap - Dublin Bus - your no. 1 transport system!"....

Ireland's Don Draper, I salute you.

Alactric wrote: »
    There's always one :D

What
    I was just pointing out the obvious.

• Advertisement

Sorry Colm Ustard, I would think their objective is to get people who don't use buses to start.
    Talking about a ridiculous advert for is not the same.

It is giving an awareness to some that never considered it. I cycle into town, if I can't I get the bus.

It is retarded to drive into town these days. They are also doing the initial studies to introducing a congestion charge in Dublin CC.

Advertisement