Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus ad - D4 girl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

One thread on boards.ie and 12,000 views =/= viral btw.

And Bill Hicks was an over rated clown.

Turn your sarcasm meter up.

...and this might be the symbol you were looking for..

Say 12 Hail Bills for the blasphemy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

It's the way her face changes between "the bus" and "seriously" that does it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

She is right. Buses are random.

More than once the numbers on the live bus time things have jumped from 5 minutes to 8 minutes to 3 minutes back to 8 minutes. And some buses just plain don't arrive.

Dublin bus has an awful service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

ferike1 wrote: »
    She is right. Buses are random.

More than once the numbers on the live bus time things have jumped from 5 minutes to 8 minutes to 3 minutes back to 8 minutes. And some buses just plain don't arrive.

Dublin bus has an awful service.

I once waited 3 hours for the 46a in the late 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dfx- wrote: »
    late night Tallaght routes and not a single one had a junkie or scumbag on them. I was on late night Tallaght services back into town after the match last night and not a single scumbag or junkie on them either.

So AH, where were they all?
    Ah but Tallaght is on the southside, if you read some other posts & threads you would realise that all southsiders are billionaires with put on accents, tophats & monocles, and all northsiders are penniless subhman scumbag junkies.

Its a well known fact that buses like the 7 will stop on the northside just before crossing the liffey and the driver will kick off all the junkies, and then load up with permatan young wans saying "Loike" on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Is that an actual Dublin Bus ad? It looks like a crap Youtube spoof that some muppet filmed with their phone.

Yeah it definitely needs some CGI and explosions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Klim wrote: »
    The girl in the op's ad is obviously putting on the accent. This abomination however......

What I want to know is, how is she supposed to snap her fingers when I rip off both of her thumbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I think the advert is hilarious.

She's quite funny actually. Although I do love a husky D4 accent on a young one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I have a cousin who lives down the road. She got a job in a bank in Dublin about three weeks ago and I swear to Christ she has come back with the bus girl's exact accent. I dunno if she's putting it on or what but it's annoying. To go from a south Armagh drawl to that **** in less than a month, it's impossible not to notice and i feel like laughing in her face when she talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That's not as bad as the one with the bloke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Can anyone translate what she says before the 6 second mark? I can't make out a word of it.
    She's a bit of rioooode in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Can anyone translate what she says before the 6 second mark? I can't make out a word of it.
    She's a bit of rioooode in fairness.
    Imagine me running for a bus in these heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

I dont get this. I dumb bum. what do you mean push 8

The little thing on your keyboard with the "8" on it. You push it with your finger or something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I dont get this. I dumb bum. what do you mean push 8

you may click on the video to look at it on youtube, then at the end of the video press the 8 button repeatedly. it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

old hippy wrote: »
    I once waited 3 hours for the 46a in the late 70s.

30 odd years ago you waited on a bus...for three hours :eek:

Personally I think this ad is really funny!!!! It's taking the p/ss and I think it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Personally I think this ad is really funny!!!! It's taking the p/ss and I think it works.

Seeing as they lose a shed load of money a year its not working that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

That's you in the ad isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

billybudd wrote: »
    Seeing as they lose a shed load of money a year its not working that well.

Are they ?
    I thought they make money

Fizman wrote: »
    That's you in the ad isn't it?

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

€4.30 for one adult one way from Rush to the city centre, cheap my fcuking HOLE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

€4.30 for one adult one way from Rush to the city centre, cheap my fcuking HOLE!!!!

Travel 90 ticket, €2.10 each way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Travel 90 ticket, €2.10 each way.

Not really my point tho, €4.30 one way is a complete rip off.
    I have a yearly ticket and living out here at the moment so I get the xpress to work in the morning and evenings, in town in 30/40 mins, but at the weekend, it takes well over an hour to get into town!

I mean I never understood why the 33 goes through swords when swords has loads of buses, the 33 could drop people off at the pavilion at the bridge instead of being delayed in the worst street in north co dublin, BAH!!!!

Hate the 33! these ad's have nothing to do with the reality of the real bus journey

End of rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Colmustard wrote: »
    It is giving an awareness to some that never considered it. I cycle into town, if I can't I get the bus.

It is retarded to drive into town these days. They are also doing the initial studies to introducing a congestion charge in Dublin CC.

I drive in every day, takes only 10mins. no problems with driving in the city. Only problem is buses, They have put a bus lane the length of Clanbrassil street which would seriously hurt my commute time. But I'm emigrating in a few weeks so suck it up bitches and enjoy the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Not really my point tho, €4.30 one way is a complete rip off.
    They want to discourage people from using money on the buses. It causes further delays, leading to people further badmouthing them about journeys taking so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Not enough talk about the girl tbh. She's hawt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Just an ad. Wasn't particularly annoying, although I don't watch TV so it might get annoying in between watching your Fair City and all the other great, exciting things Irish television presents us.

Pretty sure Dublin bus loses about 15 million a year. Or so I'm told. (I meant pounds and that's what my teacher told me in 1999, lol)

Just read the article now. Wowsers^

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

just wondering people saying its a fake accent these d4 girls have, but do you mean they are constantly covering up their true accent or have they been brought up in school\peers to speak like this? if the latter is true then it's their accent its not fake.

Well, I couldn't check the internet for delays or text home I'm gonna be late... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As long as busses are filled with the dreggs of society, junkies, scumbags, tramps, & general filth...I'll happily endure sitting in traffic, paying for parking & using up petrol.

It's money well spent in my books. The last time I used a bus, there was a puddle of urine swimming around the back/middle of the bus. No thanks.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    As long as busses are filled with the dreggs of society, junkies, scumbags, tramps, & general filth...I'll happily endure sitting in traffic, paying for parking & using up petrol.

It's money well spent in my books. The last time I used a bus, there was a puddle of urine swimming around the back/middle of the bus. No thanks.

Some of us can't drive, mind

Advertisement